What's new

General/Other Pre-Evo Confirmation MMH Discussion Compilation Thread

Mulder

King of Heroes
Yeah no - Batman has enough clones already :p
I want PowerGirl over Zod and I want MMH to actually be the "Scorpion" since Scorpion doesn't make sense at all ... I mean come on they said it themselves - No MK characters... I don't believe they would change like that. It will never make sense to me even if they do confirm him.
And I see Mulder changing sides again... smh
I ain't changing shit. I've always liked the Martian. I just mocked him for the salt from people being assholes to other people.

Mikayel

Well-Known Gay Member
I ain't changing shit. I've always liked the Martian. I just mocked him for the salt from people being assholes to other people.
everyone is an asshole to everyone really - again let's not act like the MMH fanbase is the only one that makes a mess in this website smh

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
So fellow MMH fans, would you guys be satisfied if they released a MMH skin for Superman? I think if they don't give us him as his own character, the least they could do is allow us to "fake" play as him through someone else's moveset. And since Superman's moves are the closest to MMH's, he's really the only character that would fit. I for one would be satisfied to at least be able to have a MMH skin.

Mulder

King of Heroes
So fellow MMH fans, would you guys be satisfied if they released a MMH skin for Superman? I think if they don't give us him as his own character, the least they could do is allow us to "fake" play as him through someone else's moveset. And since Superman's moves are the closest to MMH's, he's really the only character that would fit. I for one would be satisfied to at least be able to have a MMH skin.
I 'd be fine with that.

GotOverThere

Alien Life Form
Honestly, I joined after Batgirl was confirmed and so missed much of the other directional hate, but the smugness of the Batgirl-fanbase is starting to get under my skin a bit.

Of course, smugness in general annoys me, and Barbara Gordon being Batgirl is kind of a hate-trigger for me like '98 Godzilla is for Living Corpse. Just seeing her reminds me of all the cool stuff New 52 took away (ie. Oracle, Cassandra Cain, Stephanie Brown, original Birds of Prey, 90s Suicide Squad, etc.).

I've been trying to keep my mouth shut though out of respect for people who do like her, but the trailer today seems to have raised the smugness level to new heights.

Mikayel

Well-Known Gay Member
yes if there was no way of making him a seperate character - though i would be really mad coz making Zod seperate and making MMH a Superman skin would be DUMB lol

Mikayel

Well-Known Gay Member
Honestly, I joined after Batgirl was confirmed and so missed much of the other directional hate, but the smugness of the Batgirl-fanbase is starting to get under my skin a bit.

Of course, smugness in general annoys me, and Barbara Gordon being Batgirl is kind of a hate-trigger for me like '98 Godzilla is for Living Corpse. Just seeing her reminds me of all the cool stuff New 52 took away (ie. Oracle, Cassandra Cain, Stephanie Brown, original Birds of Prey, 90s Suicide Squad, etc.).

I've been trying to keep my mouth shut though out of respect for people who do like her, but the trailer today seems to have raised the smugness level to new heights.
the day they confirmed Batgirl was a sad, sad, very sad day... TYM was in a civil war lol

Mikayel

Well-Known Gay Member

Mulder

King of Heroes
Ok guys to make it up to the reasonable MMH fans ((Have I said how much I love you guys? You guys make me happy that I still have a shred of care for the Martian.)) Here's some questions for you-

1. Because shapeshifting is a huge part of Martian Manhunter's character how do you want it to be put into the game?

2. If MMH is in the second seasonpass will you forgive NRS?

3. If you believe Boon's hint do you think it applies to this pass or a future one? Or even a lone release.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
Ok guys to make it up to the reasonable MMH fans ((Have I said how much I love you guys? You guys make me happy that I still have a shred of care for the Martian.)) Here's some questiosn for you-

1. Because shapeshifting is a huge part of Martian Manhunter's character how do you want it to be put into the game?

3. If you believe Boon's hint do you think it applies to this pass or a future one? Or even a lone release.
1.I want him to play like Shang Tsung. Instead of using skulls... he must use Obama chia pet heads.

2. Yes, not that I have anything to forgive them for...

3. A future release. More likely a lone one.
:16Bit

Mulder

King of Heroes
1.I want him to play like Shang Tsung. Instead of using skulls... he must use Obama chia pet heads.

2. Yes, not that I have anything to forgive them for...

3. A future release. More likely a lone one.
:16Bit
I think Boon's poll is for future releases. And it has Red Hood in it but no MMH. Now maybe they've already decided that he'll be in the second pass and won't even do a poll for him but.....meh. Who knows. I'm getting a feeling he MAY be in this one. Who knows.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
I think Boon's poll is for future releases. And it has Red Hood in it but no MMH. Now maybe they've already decided that he'll be in the second pass and won't even do a poll for him but.....meh. Who knows. I'm getting a feeling he MAY be in this one. Who knows.
I am pretty sure Martian Manhunter is already set in stone. They didn't want wasted votes on him. :16Bit

BGMD

Noob
Ok guys to make it up to the reasonable MMH fans ((Have I said how much I love you guys? You guys make me happy that I still have a shred of care for the Martian.)) Here's some questions for you-

Firstly, just to note that I'm not a hardcore MMH fan but I'm often advocating for him to be included. I think he's a genuinely decent character, and besides that I feel his inclusion would complete the roster for me. Story-wise this game I see as primarily a Justice League game and it rubs me wrong that a founding member of JL is not included and reduced to stage background (I'm having the similar sentiments towards Black Canary's exclusion). And I would be seriously pissed if we get Scorpion, but no MMH at any point.

1. Yes, shapeshifting should be in. It doesn't need to be really complex, but something like this would be nice and would showcase that ability. I also don't think he needs to turn into other people. His super-move could go a bit further; he turns into a dragon-like martian creature (like in JL: Doom when he fights Ma'alefa'ak) and whips/slams you around with his tail or something like that.

Another move I'd like him to have is phaseshift teleport where he rapidly falls through the floor and in same manner appears in front or behind you. If they find that teleport similar to Ares' would be redundant, it could also be his trait for dealing with projectile heavy chars. Possibilities are endless.

2. I'm accepting any DC character as a lowest common denominator. I know that not everything will go my way. As stated earlier, I'm not mad but merely disappointed. Scorpion is one I don't accept and will probably pass on downloading him despite having season pass. Even my friend who plays Scorpion in MK and is not big comic fan thinks it is stupid.

I had my fair share of snarky remarks, but that is just the way I am on the boards and forums. It's nothing serious.

3. I think Boon's recent reaction is acknowledgment that they kinda dropped the ball with first pass. They've seen the flame and now are trying to prevent fire to spread. With recent tweet where he says that he's interested to see who BESIDES MMH is most requested (and with heroes only in poll, there could be a one for vilains), chances for second pass are much higher, but I'm not holding my breath yet.

Am i reasonable enough?

Mulder

King of Heroes
Firstly, just to note that I'm not a hardcore MMH fan but I'm often advocating for him to be included. I think he's a genuinely decent character, and besides that I feel his inclusion would complete the roster for me. Story-wise this game I see as primarily a Justice League game and it rubs me wrong that a founding member of JL is not included and reduced to stage background (I'm having the similar sentiments towards Black Canary's exclusion). And I would be seriously pissed if we get Scorpion, but no MMH at any point.

1. Yes, shapeshifting should be in. It doesn't need to be really complex, but something like this would be nice and would showcase that ability. I also don't think he needs to turn into other people. His super-move could go a bit further; he turns into a dragon-like martian creature (like in JL: Doom when he fights Ma'alefa'ak) and whips/slams you around with his tail or something like that.

Another move I'd like him to have is phaseshift teleport where he rapidly falls through the floor and in same manner appears in front or behind you. If they find that teleport similar to Ares' would be redundant, it could also be his trait for dealing with projectile heavy chars. Possibilities are endless.

2. I'm accepting any DC character as a lowest common denominator. I know that not everything will go my way. As stated earlier, I'm not mad but merely disappointed. Scorpion is one I don't accept and will probably pass on downloading him despite having season pass. Even my friend who plays Scorpion in MK and is not big comic fan thinks it is stupid.

I had my fair share of snarky remarks, but that is just the way I am on the boards and forums. It's nothing serious.

3. I think Boon's recent reaction is acknowledgment that they kinda dropped the ball with first pass. They've seen the flame and now are trying to prevent fire to spread. With recent tweet where he says that he's interested to see who BESIDES MMH is most requested (and with heroes only in poll, there could be a one for vilains), chances for second pass are much higher, but I'm not holding my breath yet.

Am i reasonable enough?
Very reasonable. :)

Monitor2112

Paitent Padawan
I don't know but i hate how much trolling he does...
This could be either MMH is already in process of making or they already know he is very requested
Or could be he isn't gonna put MMH in the game at all
(Voted Doctor Fate from that list...)
I voted Fate as well. I took the exclusion of MMH as a sign he is already planned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Monitor2112

Paitent Padawan

Am i reasonable enough?
Very reasonable, indeed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mikayel

Well-Known Gay Member

Am i reasonable enough?
I actually think it's one of the most reasonable posts i have seen on TYM :p
I agree on all of the points..
And besides Martian Manhunter despite popular belief can't be Shang Tsung in this game - many people don't know it probably but he doesn't copy the powers of people he turns into... Otherwise he would kind of be AMAZO and would be very OP with all his other powers..
He is more like Mystique in X-Men - he can copy their physical powers probably like claws and staff but not their powers like energy blasts etc.
And yes Black Canary has also been a member of the JL for some time and she is very popular... She brings diversity with her sonic scream

BGMD

Noob
Something I've omitted earlier but I feel it needs to be said (related to Justice League story). It's just a small rant, you can agree or not.

Now, this game is ideal platform for DC (C stand for comics) to cross-promote their characters and their comics. DC universe is huge. This is something I don't understand about them (actually I do understand, it's a corporate way... they see a tree of money, but not the forest behind it).

Imagine how many people out there are who like Batman or Superman from movies, cartoons or have picked up comic or two in their life (super hero casuals lol). They know about MMH (replace with Dr. Fate, Red Tornado, Zatanna, Animal Man, Booster Gold...), but not much about him. They say: "wow, he is such a boss in this game, I might pick up some comics with him".
I feel this game has more than enough Batman related stuff to sell well (most characters, most stages, bunch of costumes). Nobody doubted in Injustice's success.

Batgirl, Zod, Scorpion - cashing in on popular comics/movies...
Any previously mentioned character - cross-promotion, exposing franchise to general public - it's like an investment in your own assets and legacy, expand your brand (just like Marvel did). It doesn't need to be a blockbuster movie to do that; small steps...

P.S. I'm talking mainly about DLC's , but before someone says Killer Frost, I think she partially proves my point from both sides. I find her a extremely one-dimensional character, and they didn't even had her to do something even remotely significant to step away from that depiction... she was just a random goon. And she can make ice. But regardless of that she'll probably get some new fans.