What's new

General/Other - Kitana Potential KP3 Changes

Sonicfox did. You are wrong if you believe you aren't accomplishing anything because Kitana is "under powered". I'm sorry to disappoint you but these buffs aren't going to help you.
Sonicfox is gawdlike but he won with her at a time where nobody knew how to fight her when she got buffed. If you were to look at those matches, you'd see that he did get away with murder on plenty of occassions with her. And he STILL didn't go the distance using just kitana. Not saying he couldn't but there's a reason why he hasn't used her competitively since last fall. Try again bub. Your arguments are still weak as hell.

Skedar70

Noob
Sonicfox is gawdlike but he won with her at a time where nobody knew how to fight her when she got buffed. If you were to look at those matches, you'd see that he did get away with murder on plenty of occassions with her. And he STILL didn't go the distance using just kitana. Not saying he couldn't but there's a reason why he hasn't used her competitively since last fall. Try again bub. Your arguments are still weak as hell.
You serious??? This is nothing but a whinny excuse. Kitana has been buffed and is even better than she was at the time fox won with her. These buff my character threads because I'm getting mopped needs to stop. You should be ashamed of yourself. I would understand buff threads for characters that are actually bad and no one plays. But Kitana has plenty of good representation competitively such as Sakron, KP Atai and even Dragon at times. Ur argument is poor. STAPH.

You serious??? This is nothing but a whinny excuse. Kitana has been buffed and is even better than she was at the time fox won with her. These buff my character threads because I'm getting mopped needs to stop. You should be ashamed of yourself. I would understand buff threads for characters that are actually bad and no one plays. But Kitana has plenty of good representation competitively such as Sakron, KP Atai and even Dragon at times. Ur argument is poor. STAPH.
Once again your argument is weak as hell. I've placed in tournaments myself in this game's life and I'm sure I have a better understanding of how she works than you ever could. Yes she got buffed in the XL update, and she's still lacking in plenty of areas. I guarantee you that Atai and KP both would agree with me that she's lacking compared to much of the cast. She's halfway decent at best (and that's not good enough to contend in majors). Unless you plan on posting some of your matchup footage that validates you being some unknown expert on her, pleas stop embarrassing yourself.

Skedar70

Noob
Once again your argument is weak as hell. I've placed in tournaments myself in this game's life and I'm sure I have a better understanding of how she works than you ever could. Yes she got buffed in the XL update, and she's still lacking in plenty of areas. I guarantee you that Atai and KP both would agree with me that she's lacking compared to much of the cast. She's halfway decent at best (and that's not good enough to contend in majors). Unless you plan on posting some of your matchup footage that validates you being some unknown expert on her, pleas stop embarrassing yourself.
Dude just look back at your thread responses. Most people disagree with you. What you want is a broken character just admit it.

Tweedy

Noob
No offense at all, but I'd like to see you prove that in tournament or sets against the best with those characters before I belive that. Since XL dropped, I'm convinced otherwise after having ample time to pick the game apart at the highest level. Besides, those characters were pointed out simply because winning is a lot easier for them than it is for her. other than that, I think that having Assassin strike as an OH (Or run cancellable) would give her a dimension that she doesn't have. I agree with your other points though.
Atai beat Dragon 4-0 in the UMG, Kitana vs Alien.

Tweedy

Noob
I haven't seen that match but if the footage is available I'd like to check that out. I don't doubt that he did though.
PL runs them and I think his past broadcasts are Sub only, so unless you're willing to give him $5 or are already subbed, then RIP.

Tweedy

Noob
He lost to Dragon though at CEO. Same matchup different days. Just saying. We can't tell what this matchup actually is.
Did he though?

I recall Atai losing to Sonic and Honeybee.

I'm sure they played in casuals and Dragon may have won. My point still stands that Kitana can beat Alien. I understand that she has a really tough time vs Mileena, but she does pretty decently against Alien/Sonya, who are two of the best right now.

Dude just look back at your thread responses. Most people disagree with you. What you want is a broken character just admit it.
Most of those posts being yours genius. That's far from what I'm looking for. Advise once again that this was solely my opinion based of a thread.

Did he though?

I recall Atai losing to Sonic and Honeybee.

I'm sure they played in casuals and Dragon may have won. My point still stands that Kitana can beat Alien. I understand that she has a really tough time vs Mileena, but she does pretty decently against Alien/Sonya, who are two of the best right now.
Assassin may be able to hold serve with mileena if the Kit player's neutral is on point.

Meep8345

Noob
You're so arrogant but every change you asked for is fine besides s2 being a mid. Also stop downplaying kitana, she has enough tools to compete and you're acting like she's unviable.

You're so arrogant but every change you asked for is fine besides s2 being a mid. Also stop downplaying kitana, she has enough tools to compete and you're acting like she's unviable.
I definitely don't mean for it to come off that way. But unlike the dude that I'm calling out, I can give decent credible evidence in order to reinforce a point. Call it downplaying all you want. All I and any other Kitana player worth their salt will tell you that it's not debatable that she's as honest as a saint in a game that's based on dirt.

Meep8345

Noob
People who disagree that Kitana is trash right now either not Kitana mains or just stupid. Sorry, im really salty when people telling me "bruh she is fine git gud" or "B-but Sonic Fox"
Im pretty sure Kitana Prime will agree that she sucks.
But she doesn't suck git Gud :DOGE. Jk but just start throwing like just throw them over and over until they start getting tired of it and try to neutral duck. She also has decent staggers and good space control with fans. Also starcharger she is honest in a game filled with dirt but her staggers and throw pressure is pretty good. Like she could do 21,b1,f1 and then throw, like how are you going to see all of that coming and she could've thrown at any point during that sequence.

But she doesn't suck git Gud :DOGE. Jk but just start throwing like just throw them over and over until they start getting tired of it and try to neutral duck. She also has decent staggers and good space control with fans. Also starcharger she is honest in a game filled with dirt but her staggers and throw pressure is pretty good. Like she could do 21,b1,f1 and then throw, like how are you going to see all of that coming and she could've thrown at any point during that sequence.
Perform said sequences against guys like Pnut and Scar and let me know how that works for you ;). Also, don't forget that Throwing isn't as viable of an option now that the throw tech window was widened (Good luck throwing scar). And those are just two examples.

Meep8345

Noob
Perform said sequences against guys like Pnut and Scar and let me know how that works for you ;). Also, don't forget that Throwing isn't as viable of an option now that the throw tech window was widened (Good luck throwing scar). And those are just two examples.
If they're just reacting to the stagger with a d1 and it's actually working then just do a stagger and block their poke and counter-poke with 111,f1,throw, or d1/d3. That is true but just mix up which way you throw them but if they're getting the tech everytime well time to switch characters lol.

If they're just reacting to the stagger with a d1 and it's actually working then just do a stagger and block their poke and counter-poke with 111,f1,throw, or d1/d3. That is true but just mix up which way you throw them but if they're getting the tech everytime well time to switch characters lol.
I don't mean to discount what you're saying, but you're theory fighting in a big way right now. Her stagger pressure is a cute gimmick at best. Her weakness is that given her current tool set, it's very easy for her to start playing in patterns up close. At which point, one opening is all my opponent will need to melt my lifebar away unless I can break or find a way to escape. If they have meter and good armor then kiss the stagger strategy goodbye. She's better off just controlling the neutral than fighting a brawler's match up close (Changing the assassin's rush to a dash cancelling move would change that in Assassin. But that's just me).

Her staggers is only good on paper really. In real game noone actually let you do something like f1-throw, and in the current meta when everyone has 6-7f pokes its not gonna work at all.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I just want someone to list 5 prime examples as to why Kitana "sucks".

I'm more than ready for this lol

Last edited:

Tweedy

Noob
Tbh the overhead buff is one of the most fraudulent things I've seen in a buff suggestion post.

But going to a tournament once or twice makes you exempt from being stupid.

Meep8345

Noob
I don't mean to discount what you're saying, but you're theory fighting in a big way right now. Her stagger pressure is a cute gimmick at best. Her weakness is that given her current tool set, it's very easy for her to start playing in patterns up close. At which point, one opening is all my opponent will need to melt my lifebar away unless I can break or find a way to escape. If they have meter and good armor then kiss the stagger strategy goodbye. She's better off just controlling the neutral than fighting a brawler's match up close (Changing the assassin's rush to a dash cancelling move would change that in Assassin. But that's just me).
It's not theory fighting lol. A lot of my friends that play kitana do that to me and it's annoying. Just adapt to the other player and don't try to play a flowchart where you do the same thing with no change. Focus on conditioning them to counter-poke/neutral duck and then you have a huge advantage against them once you realize you've got them conditioned. Also try doing a stagger into d1/d3 it sounds dumb but you'll get hit by it if you're trying to react to a stagger. But I understand you're frustration with kitana I really do. In a game with nonsense like Dvorah,takeda,Sonya,etc she seems like she just doesn't do anything that great. She's like Lao imo in theory he's great but both of them aren't truly playing mkx like the top 10. And drama throws are weird in this game, I can't tell you how many times I've been thrown out of my poke after a string.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Kitana has been buffed and is even better than she was at the time fox won with her.
Actually, this is false. Back when Fox was using her faithfully, she was still doing over 50% in the corner in RS for a bar. Matter of fact, RS was still undoubtedly the best of the variations at the time because it out damaged Assassin and mournful.

Kitana then got NERFED, but it wasn't too serious. It was the damage nerf we all saw coming.

So, technically, she didn't get better after fox started using her. At least not RS. Mournful got butchered and Assassin got the love it desperately needed.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Kitana's biggest downfall is the existence of the top tier characters. She is a good and solid character in a game where the top tier characters are just crazy. Hell even the mid tier characters are crazy. Being realistic, she is easily bottom ten, and just outclassed. Don't get me wrong. I think Kitana is good. I think Kitana is VERY good. Just outshined in a big way.

Actually, this is false. Back when Fox was using her faithfully, she was still doing over 50% in the corner in RS for a bar. Matter of fact, RS was still undoubtedly the best of the variations at the time because it out damaged Assassin and mournful.

Kitana then got NERFED, but it wasn't too serious. It was the damage nerf we all saw coming.

So, technically, she didn't get better after fox started using her. At least not RS. Mournful got butchered and Assassin got the love it desperately needed.
A lot of people forget that RS fan lift combos got smacked hard with the nerf stick to the point that NRS had to backtrack and give a bit of her damage back. Assassin's lift combos OTOH stayed the same. Mournful has been a disaster from the beginning and that's worth a whole other thread.