What's new

General/Other - Kitana Potential KP3 Changes

Doesn't kitana's have insanely good whiff recovery anyway? Considering you can hold her parry which no other parry character can do iirc, hers is a cut above some of the others, and with the changes you suggest it becomes the best parry in the game arguably(or at least tied with kotal depending on how you wanna look at it). I'm no kitana expert by any means, but I know enough to say that these changes aren't the greatest of ideas. Either have 3 frame startup or parry lows, one or the other.
When you get the chance look at my post above this one and that would clear things up balance wise with this proposed option. Really, this item is more of a wishful thinking kind of thing rather than something she'd legitimately need. Although, the 3f startup (At maximum) is a must for the current parry. 7f is not enough for her to even use it as a wake up.

Oh wait you mean an alternative mode that only blocks lows? That sounds far less broke than what I thought. It sounded like you wanted the regular parry to also parry lows.
Yes lol. Kano and Sonya have the something similar in Commando and Covert Ops that allows them to parry lows. Yea I wouldn't want it all in one. THAT would be broke ;)

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
When you get the chance look at my post above this one and that would clear things up balance wise with this proposed option. Really, this item is more of a wishful thinking kind of thing rather than something she'd legitimately need. Although, the 3f startup (At maximum) is a must for the current parry. 7f is not enough for her to even use it as a wake up.
Oh that clears a lot of it up then, thats not as bad. However, I do still feel that if her parry was to become 3f then either she must lose the ability to hold and cancel it, or have increased recovery akin to kotal at least, because you can parry with often little to no consequences, and punishing hers is easier said than done, especially if it isn't held and just a button press. But still, I like that idea you suggested in that case.

As a Kitana main since launch im defenitely agree with everything but s2 mid is too much.
Anyway i even think she needs more than +6 on hit on her d1, maybe +9.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
As a Kitana main since launch im defenitely agree with everything but s2 mid is too much.
Anyway i even think she needs more than +6 on hit on her d1, maybe +9.
Her d1 isn't even +6 on hit lol. It's +3

Idk how I feel about these changes tbh. The only one I truly agree with is 24 in RS and ex lift. Other than that, I feel like she's fine as is

Skedar70

Noob
Kitana is fine as she is. These changes aren't going to win you a tournament. The only reason she hasn't been winning any tournaments isn't because she is overmatched but because sonicfox isn't using her anymore. I can bet sonicfox could win again with her if he just picked her up(except against foxy's mileena since that is a bad matchup). People forget how frustrating kitana can be with the control she has over the air with those air fans into 35+% meterless combos.

Her d1 isn't even +6 on hit lol. It's +3

Idk how I feel about these changes tbh. The only one I truly agree with is 24 in RS and ex lift. Other than that, I feel like she's fine as is
What about mournful? I mean they probably wouldn't change her Normals, but the idea itself, I can't find anything wrong with.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
the fact that you think that proves my point anyways without explanation. But when it gets to business time, acidic is what gives her hell and that's what I was ultimately referring to.

And btw, royal storm doesn't beat alien (Tark). It may pull even at best (like you said) but it doesn't win outright by a long shot.
Agreed but she can fight tark for sure.

gam224

The world's least hype player
b12 needs to leave her closer to her opponent
b14 and b143 need to be unsafe
throat slice and assassin strike need to be overheads.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Yeah man 21 would be a block infinite for some chars like Tremor

In the corner + no 7 frame poke + no meter = Block infinite

The only char in the game who has a 2 as a mid is Ronin which I disagree completely with

Last edited:

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
What about mournful? I mean they probably wouldn't change her Normals, but the idea itself, I can't find anything wrong with.
NJP should be a staff
Ex shadow kick should hit mid
Return ex glaive back to how it was before this patch.

Other than that, I think mournful is ok

Oh that clears a lot of it up then, thats not as bad. However, I do still feel that if her parry was to become 3f then either she must lose the ability to hold and cancel it, or have increased recovery akin to kotal at least, because you can parry with often little to no consequences, and punishing hers is easier said than done, especially if it isn't held and just a button press. But still, I like that idea you suggested in that case.
I agree with that tradeoff and quite frankly I'd take it. Parries are supposed to be a risk but they are meant to be respected.

Espio

Kokomo
It's a tribute variation so all fan attacks should be staff based and to be honest. I'd rather them give her flash/ex glow and staff overhead more so than anything. Make her actually feel like a tribute instead of half assed. Tigrar Fury Goro has all of Kintaro's classic moves: throat fireballs, ground ones, and flame breath, it was definitely a missed opportunity. I'd probably rarely ever play the other variations if she functioned like Jade. Mournful has always been a hack job, but it could be something great. Could you imagine flashing through clone and Predator's lasers and punishing with shadow kick? Truly hype.

It's a tribute variation so all fan attacks should be staff based and to be honest. I'd rather them give her flash/ex glow and staff overhead more so than anything. Make her actually feel like a tribute instead of half assed. Tigrar Fury Goro has all of Kintaro's classic moves: throat fireballs, ground ones, and flame breath, it was definitely a missed opportunity. I'd probably rarely ever play the other variations if she functioned like Jade. Mournful has always been a hack job, but it could be something great. Could you imagine flashing through clone and Predator's lasers and punishing with shadow kick? Truly hype.
Jade won the poll for KP3. I think.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Do we have any word on KP3 and any future changes? Is it still a thing, or have most lost hope?

Skedar70

Noob
Because you've accomplished so much with her at a high level to prove your point, right? :rolleyes:
Sonicfox did. You are wrong if you believe you aren't accomplishing anything because Kitana is "under powered". I'm sorry to disappoint you but these buffs aren't going to help you.