What's new

General/Other - Kitana Potential KP3 Changes

Kitana's biggest downfall is the existence of the top tier characters. She is a good and solid character in a game where the top tier characters are just crazy. Hell even the mid tier characters are crazy. Being realistic, she is easily bottom ten, and just outclassed. Don't get me wrong. I think Kitana is good. I think Kitana is VERY good. Just outshined in a big way.
This is probably the best way to explain it. It's as if the other characters are able to play a whole different game than her.

Kandarr

Mournful Avenger
Perform said sequences against guys like Pnut and Scar and let me know how that works for you ;). Also, don't forget that Throwing isn't as viable of an option now that the throw tech window was widened (Good luck throwing scar). And those are just two examples.
Playing iluusions as kitana is so painful cause EVERY throw is teched lmao

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
make f+2 an overhead, remove b+3 if you have too
f+2 is suppose to be an overhead to help with her zoning game

PlaHoY

Noob
HI guys!
I have played Kitana since release MkX and I really love this character.
This is my opinion what needs to be buffed and not will broken character.

She really suck in MU with long ranged pokes opponents and good mid hit.
I doubt that will changed overhead and f2 starter.
I think it will better update to her pokes date.
This character gameplay like a turtle cyrax from mk9. But she hasn't good defense options (good counterpokes, fast forward mid punish and etc.)
Rising blade very often wiff by low pokes, that's very dangerous for Kitana

D1 - 7 frame startup
+10 (or more) on hit, -3 on block.
(D1 is long ranged tool, but Kitana doesn't have a long ranged fast normal and this option not for attack, that is for defense).

D4 - 10 frame startup
(that tool very slow now. Kitana doesn't have mixup full punish game and this is one of attack tool for poor pressure 2, 21, grab)

F2 - 14 frame startup
B2 - 18 frame startup

Mournful

Wtf with exglaive on hit? Opponent sometime can block after 1-st hit???
Fix it please immediately :-(

Old pressing with exglaive before kp2 probably will not return, we need to strengthen zoning game:

Airglaive must be a little faster on 3 or 4 frame
Glave toss must be a little faster on 2 or 3 frame

Shadow kick must be with a little further pushback on block.
Shadow kick must be a little more damage 1% or 2% on hit.

Staff grab must be with a little further pushback on block
Staff grab need to gain hitbox, so much wiffing with this tool by low pokes

Assassin

Parry - 4 or 5 frame startup

Royal storm

Bounce back - 8 or 9 frame startup and reflect immediately! Without excess frame on twist and reflect

How do you thinking guys?

Sorry for my English I am from Moscow :)

These are too much.

That b2 double-buff is crazy. Not sure many would have disagreed had you said 20 frames or something- hell, even 18. But you went down to 14 frames and made it do more damage than throws because why not.

Making her d1 + 6 AND her high-crushing low 12 frames on startup means she has a d1 with a range that beats out most d1/d3's in the game AND you have to respect her now-12-frame b3 after it. Christ

And then having EX Fannado absorbing other projectiles. There is counter-zoning and then there's just steam-rolling zoning completely.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
These are too much.

That b2 double-buff is crazy. Not sure many would have disagreed had you said 20 frames or something- hell, even 18. But you went down to 14 frames and made it do more damage than throws because why not.

Making her d1 + 6 AND her high-crushing low 12 frames on startup means she has a d1 with a range that beats out most d1/d3's in the game AND you have to respect her now-12-frame b3 after it. Christ

And then having EX Fannado absorbing other projectiles. There is counter-zoning and then there's just steam-rolling zoning completely.
I agree with everything you said except the ex Fan-Nado part. Although she doesn't need it, I don't see what's wrong with her having it. Spending a bar to negate a projectile is seen in this game by quite a few characters. If you mean steam rolling zoning because it's a combo starter, then let's not forget sub can do that too in ANY variation.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
If you don't know, her lift (both versions) in Royal Storm is considered a normal projectile that can be reflected, parried and absorbed. It looks weird :confused:

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
Whenever I pick mournful to cover those couple match ups where it's the better variation (like against GM sub-zero) and I hit the enemy with a F112/212/F22U4/etc I feel like I got ripped off. Having to get rid of a HUGE chunk of her combo damage just to get glaives, kick, and staff grab is such a painful trade. At least her damage is good in the corner. If she got that staff slam Jade had I would be so happy. Unless it would have shit scaling and didn't combo from anything.

It'd be cool if F112 had a lot of block push-back like 212 to make fans/glaives have better frame advantage. I often don't use 212 because everyone low profiles the damn thing.

It'd also be cool if EX Glaive had more advantage on HIT. Get rid of that mysterious situation where they get hit by it then block the return with some kind of voodoo magic.

- Definitely agree on her ex db2 whiffing on wake up on run ins, very frustrating losing a bar and opponent getting a free punish. They need to fix this.

- agree her d1 needs more hit adv.

- agree that b3, b14 or f22 (just one of them) needs to be a bit faster. All of them are too reactable and good players who know the kitana mu always block low cause they know she has no o/h starter. Unless you can confidently stagger with f1 or standing 1, her b14 in most cases is easy to react to.

We all know she's not designed as a pressure character but she definitely struggles dealing with pressure in quite a few match ups. As a commentator once said in an MKX video i watched before her damage was nerfed, "she has to work so hard to open the opponent up".

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
my prophet laos_girl has beared witness to my all my catana glory. seek him out my children and he will guide you on your path to being me

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
It's way better than it looked in MK9 but it's still not the face of a graceful Princess such as Kitana
She's a cocky racist bitch in this game. She's no longer a Princess that tells people to learn respect anymore.
IMO her face looks fine, and realistic. I will play MKX with a blind fold if they give any female character an anime-style face like SFV

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
realistically ugly more like it

regardless of artwork preference which sfv bodieds nrs in the female facemodeling department in anyway, it'a just a traditionally unattractive face. google kitana face and then google chun li face