What's new

Post-Tremor Patch - Wishful Thinking

gam224

The world's least hype player
I apologize for calling you an idiot. It was disrespectful and a knee-jerk reaction. I hate it when people say tools in a character's kit are useless, especially when a purpose can be found for it, just not in the way that they think.
Oh ok but my question is what is the use for an unafe overhead that takes 34 frames to start up?

cambros22

Stand Back I'm a Doctor!!!!!!
Oh ok but my question is what is the use for an unafe overhead that takes 34 frames to start up?
Thats what you figure out in training room. Dont you have a strategy when your playing?
if your pressureing your opponent and they respect you, yes its slow but crystaline can get away with it with his free hit of armor.
If your aiming to sling it out there whenever, well good luck with that.

gam224

The world's least hype player
Thats what you figure out in training room. Dont you have a strategy when your playing?
if your pressureing your opponent and they respect you, yes its slow but crystaline can get away with it with his free hit of armor.
If your aiming to sling it out there whenever, well good luck with that.
Yea but he has a special overhead in place of f2 which leads to a full combo abs with meter is armored. If the attack was 10 frames and safe it would be useful

SLH7671

When in doubt, armor out.
A couple suggestions:

Since Errons run speed is already the fastest. If he is hit with any fire based attack during the match, it should flip to a cutscene showing him with burn wounds and his run speed should become as fast as Kabals Nomad Dash.

Raidens electricity ball hits a street light on the stage "Destroyed City", it lights up.

Sand Tackle should be realistic and insta-kill on hit.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Goro buff... since no one plays him and therefore whines enough to NRS for them to care. I can't believe we have anyone in here asking for lao buffs and no one asking for kitana nerfs. The NRS only cares about fan boys is real here
Buff his hat to be able to disable the opponents block button. After each MB Hat spin on block he should absorb the the opponents meter like how cell did the androids in DBZ

Sage-Of-Light

Student of Nature
Does anyone know when the next patch will be for MKX because it has been a while.

I also want to see if they fixed Sub-Zero #NothingButHope

P.s
The company behind witcher 3 bring out patches every week lol the care more.

Last edited:

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
A lot of people were wanting them to slow down on patching a bit. Witcher 3 and MKX are completely different types of games. I'm glad they seem to be taking their time on this one, but It may need to be fairly major.

People still bitching about online may want to just find a few friends on here or somewhere with good internet instead of complaining when all the retards on ranked using Mcdonals Wifi have shitty connections.

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
A lot of people were wanting them to slow down on patching a bit. Witcher 3 and MKX are completely different types of games. I'm glad they seem to be taking their time on this one, but It may need to be fairly major.

People still bitching about online may want to just find a few friends on here or somewhere with good internet instead of complaining when all the retards on ranked using Mcdonals Wifi have shitty connections.
TIL people still think that internet connections are the issue.

WATCHD0G

Noob

Dat MacDagnals though lol

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
Does anyone know when the next patch will be for MKX because it has been a while.

I also want to see if they fixed Sub-Zero #NothingButHope.
I'm going to guess in a week or two, or three, or four. Paulo said they were working on a major patch ("not hotfix, no ETA") in a bug thread a few days ago, and that the fix for the bug in question would be included in it. http://testyourmight.com/threads/huge-tremor-bug-in-jungle-map.54695/#post-1835589 At least we know there will be one more patch.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
you can't seriously believe taking away half a move is gonna ruin him???
Actually it would. The 21122 string is what makes EB a good character. His string specific mixups in f13 and b33/2 are average at best especially if you have decent spacing and footsie skills, his real rushdown tool is 21122. Its a great string and the fact that you have to guess when he will cancel - if at all - is his main asset. But guess what? If EB cancels at 2, 21, 211, or 2112, you can get a full combo punish with a cross over jip if he cancels into tackle or EX grenade (if he's in outlaw and cancels into stab or sand throw you're gonna have to hold that cause that means you just got read like a book). Also, the string's initial hit is a high, so it gets beat out by pokes all day.

Its amazing how often I see people complain about this string, and even see high level guys simply neutral duck a tackle mid 21122 when they could have just gotten a free jip full combo punish.

You take away the ability to chose when to cancel within 21122 EB essentially becomes a really shitty version of Tempest Lao

Olcadan13

mkx apologist
Make warrior predator's bf1 actually do something useful

Remove goro's useless u2 so i don't do it everytime i try to njp

Change all of tremor's brutality lines to rock puns

Change reptile's brain eat brutality so you dont have to do b1 five times to pull it off

Give fisticuffs something cool so i actually have a reason to use it

But above all, STOP HAVING KING OF THE HILL LOBBYS CONSTANTLY LAG OUT AND KICK EVERY SINGLE PLAYER WHEN I TRY TO PLAY

ando1184

Noob
Actually it would. The 21122 string is what makes EB a good character. His string specific mixups in f13 and b33/2 are average at best especially if you have decent spacing and footsie skills, his real rushdown tool is 21122. Its a great string and the fact that you have to guess when he will cancel - if at all - is his main asset. But guess what? If EB cancels at 2, 21, 211, or 2112, you can get a full combo punish with a cross over jip if he cancels into tackle or EX grenade (if he's in outlaw and cancels into stab or sand throw you're gonna have to hold that cause that means you just got read like a book). Also, the string's initial hit is a high, so it gets beat out by pokes all day.

Its amazing how often I see people complain about this string, and even see high level guys simply neutral duck a tackle mid 21122 when they could have just gotten a free jip full combo punish.

You take away the ability to chose when to cancel within 21122 EB essentially becomes a really shitty version of Tempest Lao
The character still has all those other strings that are really solid in their own right. In match high level play players always get hit by the mixups too, not to mention if you miss time your jump and they ex sand grenade then you're still eating a full combo. But I understand man, you want him to have a rushdown element even though without the special cancel he is still only -1 and gaining hella meter. This character universally has everything a character could need and every part of it is very good, even without the special cancel imo. I just think that one change would "Normalize" him, that's all. I still think he will remain as solid as he is, only he'd be a little easier to handle.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
The character still has all those other strings that are really solid in their own right. In match high level play players always get hit by the mixups too, not to mention if you miss time your jump and they ex sand grenade then you're still eating a full combo. But I understand man, you want him to have a rushdown element even though without the special cancel he is still only -1 and gaining hella meter. This character universally has everything a character could need and every part of it is very good, even without the special cancel imo. I just think that one change would "Normalize" him, that's all. I still think he will remain as solid as he is, only he'd be a little easier to handle.
When people in high level matches get hit by the f13 string its almost always because they messed up their spacing and/or footsies (not counting an actual 50/50 situation, i.e. point blank range off a jump in or something, which rarely happens in high level play). Not sure what other strings you are talking about that are "really solid." 11? 11b3? 11 is a basic pressure string and hits high. If someone tries to stagger 11 into 11 or 21122, you can easily poke out. Also have you tried jumping out of an EX SG cancel from 2112 (or any of the other windows)? I doubt you have, its really really easy, there really isn't a timing component to it. You just have to make the read of when. Also remember that the initial hit of 21122 hits high, so if you are letting EB 21122 all day then you are doing something wrong.

I haven't even gone into what this kind of change would do to variations outside of outlaw as well.

Tell me, what would be unique and interesting about EB if you were to take away this aspect of his game? 50/50s? Nope. A meter building string into +frame EX special? Nope. More like a character with ok damage, mediocre 50/50s, mediocre pressure that requires meter, and a command grab with frame data that is in contrast with the character's game plan and the MKX meta as a whole.

Last edited:

ando1184

Noob
When people in high level matches get hit by the f13 string its almost always because they messed up their spacing and/or footsies (not counting an actual 50/50 situation, i.e. point blank range off a jump in or something, which rarely happens in high level play). Not sure what other strings you are talking about that are "really solid." 11? 11b3? 11 is a basic pressure string and hits high. If someone tries to stagger 11 into 11 or 21122, you can easily poke out. Also have you tried jumping out of an EX SG cancel from 2112 (or any of the other windows)? I doubt you have, its really really easy, there really isn't a timing component to it. You just have to make the read of when. Also remember that the initial hit of 21122 hits high, so if you are letting EB 21122 all day then you are doing something wrong.

I haven't even gone into what this kind of change would do to variations outside of outlaw as well.

Tell me, what would be unique and interesting about EB if you were to take away this aspect of his game? 50/50s? Nope. A meter building string into +frame EX special? Nope. More like a character with ok damage, mediocre 50/50s, mediocre pressure that requires meter, and a command grab with frame data that is in contrast with the character's game plan and the MKX meta as a whole.
Yes to everything you said at the end, I prefer a "balanced" character over a character that has everything in his utility belt. I have tried to jump out of his mixups and succeeded and both failed. But like you said it's a guess, I just want a balanced game and that starts with balancing the top tier characters.

Afumba

Noob
Yes to everything you said at the end, I prefer a "balanced" character over a character that has everything in his utility belt. I have tried to jump out of his mixups and succeeded and both failed. But like you said it's a guess, I just want a balanced game and that starts with balancing the top tier characters.
Maybe EB is not the person to start... going by your goal they are lots of characters that need/deserve it more.

Wishful thinking for the patch:
A complete overhaul for Spectral Ermac.
A better TKP for Mystic Ermac.
Ermacs b1 beeing a true mid
Sub Zero without Clone issues
Sub Zero receiving some love at least in Unbreakable. Gladly luv to see it for Cryo too.
Scorpion Hellfire getting his old cancels back
Jacqui without T-Rex hitbox... like in the seoncd hit of F12 :-O
Jacqui with a purpuse for ex bf2
Jacqui with an actual uppercut
Mileena with F3 that doesnt give the opponent time to go get a coffee. Keep it slow... but it hasnt to be that slow...
Mileena with cancellable f44 at the end of the string &/or make it safe on block
Mileena with a projectile that is -6-8 on block.
Mileena with cancellable ex sai
Dvorah which poisons with her puddle in Venomous
Dvorah with Xray applying poison in Venomous
Dvorahs poison damage should be higher for uppercut & throw (should be same ratio as NJP)
Kung Jin with less priority on some attacks and less pushback
Shinnoks overhead removed or made -33
Shinnok Imposter shouldnt steal ex TKL from Ermac
Takeda with a change to his spinning airkick
Predator SS should add less damage mid combo
Tremor bf2 faster startup
Tremor bf4 faster startup
Tremor Aftershock dd1 shouldnt disappear on block, at least the ex version shouldnt
Tremor f2 faster startup or really plus on block... like 10 or something