What's new

Match-up Discussion Post-patch Match up List and Discussion

If she doesn't have trait she has no fully invincible wakeup attack. She also has to use scratches to do damage. If she's saving trait for wakeup she's not doing evade punish on b+1,3 and you're free to go hog wild with that. Even when she has it half of GL's setups beat it anyway. This is vs lift that she is always forced to respect and leads to huge reward.

The footsies game is ridiculously in his favor. GL walks back...you guys tell me how CW opens him up without putting her entire bar on the line. Jump or low whip lol?
I was more asking than claiming his were actually better. I don't get to play many good CW players.

GGA Wafflez

the kid
couple of things here...

1. i said that minigun was an overrated tool for the bane MU, got blown the fuck up for it lmao. now that finally another GL player has played the ONLY bane... some1 can understand me. ty @THTB 4-6 or worse for gl

2. idk if any1 has noticed a common theme among my posts, but i upplay the shit out of GL... something that some people would say i didnt do for smoke (a character i dabbled w/ in mk9).. B1 AND LIFT. that's all i gotta say man. cw's only option to outrange are either on the ground w/ low whip lol.... or j2, but a preemptive j1 or even a lift on reaction will beat it. get the lead play defensive... 7-3 GL. that's my stamp on it. it could be 6-4, but it will never be 5-5.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
couple of things here...

1. i said that minigun was an overrated tool for the bane MU, got blown the fuck up for it lmao. now that finally another GL player has played the ONLY bane... some1 can understand me. ty @THTB 4-6 or worse for gl

2. idk if any1 has noticed a common theme among my posts, but i upplay the shit out of GL... something that some people would say i didnt do for smoke (a character i dabbled w/ in mk9).. B1 AND LIFT. that's all i gotta say man. cw's only option to outrange are either on the ground w/ low whip lol.... or j2, but a preemptive j1 or even a lift on reaction will beat it. get the lead play defensive... 7-3 GL. that's my stamp on it. it could be 6-4, but it will never be 5-5.
I know you guys were talking on KTP about my opinion on Bane, and to clarify, I said before that there was no way the matchup was even or in GL favor. I got blown up for it too lol. That's why I listed it at even and left it. I'm glad somebody else saw what I saw at the start.

Like I said, I feel it's GL favor for Catwoman, but I'm just not playing it right, so I won't say for sure.

GGA Wafflez

the kid
I know you guys were talking on KTP about my opinion on Bane, and to clarify, I said before that there was no way the matchup was even or in GL favor. I got blown up for it too lol. That's why I listed it at even and left it. I'm glad somebody else saw what I saw at the start.

Like I said, I feel it's GL favor for Catwoman, but I'm just not playing it right, so I won't say for sure.
yeah, it's an obvious mu in gl's favor, but learning how to deal w/ waking up against her is what you need to know to fight her.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
this is probably old news but i had no idea batman could wake up parry so trait f3 mixup is no good against him, against the good ones at least
well i guess you could always fake it to bait the parry lol :p

this is probably old news but i had no idea batman could wake up parry so trait f3 mixup is no good against him, against the good ones at least
well i guess you could always fake it to bait the parry lol :p
It still reverses inputs so it is still useful, and you can dash up b1 if you think he's gonna parry.

Lith

Noob
any thoughts on the Scorpion MU? im far from an expert on it but against decent scorp's it feels slightly uphill, he doesnt have to really respect b1, his j3 beats all of GLs jump ins, cant zone obviously so air rocket is useless, minigun is only useful for pressure, and lm has to be used properly or you eat death. he has wakeup flip kick or teleport so setups/vortex are risky. again i dont think its terrible but it does feel a little uphill imo just wondering what others thought
I used to think it was really uphill for GL but after grinding it out with a few scorpion mains in the past i think it's even BUT its a difficult match to learn. You can actually beat out all of scorpions wake up options with a well timed F3 or MB F3. Even if he teleports he will go under you and get hit. At range too you can MG his wake ups if timed well. If you ever play an untested scorpion spam back 1 3 RP and see if they know how to get out. Forward dashing doesn't work to well for scorpion there

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
it does?and yeah i use b1 also just to fuck with people, the weirdest thing ive seen is the crossup whiff against someone ducking
Not to mention you can dash up like you're doing f3, then j3. If he slides, free b1/lift punish (not sure if b1 works, but lift does so fuck it lol).

This is the case with every parry character. I'm not sure about WW's parry, though. Does hers beat out jump attacks?

Also, any matchups anyone wants to bring into question?

Lith

Noob
Not to mention you can dash up like you're doing f3, then j3. If he slides, free b1/lift punish (not sure if b1 works, but lift does so fuck it lol).

This is the case with every parry character. I'm not sure about WW's parry, though. Does hers beat out jump attacks?

Also, any matchups anyone wants to bring into question?
What do in Flash Match up to keep him away?

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
After playing some matches these are my current thoughts

GL has a slight advantage over lex, lex needs momentum and GL oki works really well vs him, b1 goes over some mine setups, grounded and air rockets + minigun are a problem for him - He cannot dash b13RP so that's a problem. - EXP - Revolver

GL, Arrow is even. GL's damage and setups make up vs Arrows zoning + his zoning is not too bad to deal with. EXP - 7L

GL vs Cyborg feels even for now, Cyborg needs a really good life lead and good reads to keep GL out, Gl has that comeback factor with his oki, he really destroys Cyborg up close and if GL has the life lead he can counter zone with his own rockets, Cyborgs not completely hopeless though his zoning is pretty good and GL has to take chip or some damage to get in when losing. EXP - RelaxedState

GL vs Zod feels pretty bad just like Zatanna, specially against a Zod that has mastered instant air balls. The reason is if u counter zone with a rocket, Zod will recover faster than you because zod balls make your fall really floaty giving him an additional advantage. I feel this will only get worse as Zod players master both IAFBs and rushdown. EXP - Viking, Pig, RelaxedState, M2dave

I still think GL vs Hawkgirl is in GL's advantage, Rocket power works as an anti air, lift, rocket blows her wakes ups and if shes flying too low, minigun blows wake ups, damage is superior mid screen. EXP - DarkSteel

That's all for now.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
What do in Flash Match up to keep him away?
Traited air rockets work really well, when you dont have them minigun or ground rocket mb, when he's close dont be afraid to go on the offense, back 1 to check his dash, if blocked b13 mb minigun then continue zoning. Make sure when you land from a rocket or after any zoning move you duck block in case he charges you get a free 40+%, if you're not duck blocking his flash charge and punishing then he wont respect your zoning.

GGA Wafflez

the kid
After playing some matches these are my current thoughts

GL has a slight advantage over lex, lex needs momentum and GL oki works really well vs him, b1 goes over some mine setups, grounded and air rockets + minigun are a problem for him - He cannot dash b13RP so that's a problem. - EXP - Revolver

GL, Arrow is even. GL's damage and setups make up vs Arrows zoning + his zoning is not too bad to deal with. EXP - 7L

GL vs Cyborg feels even for now, Cyborg needs a really good life lead and good reads to keep GL out, Gl has that comeback factor with his oki, he really destroys Cyborg up close and if GL has the life lead he can counter zone with his own rockets, Cyborgs not completely hopeless though his zoning is pretty good and GL has to take chip or some damage to get in when losing. EXP - RelaxedState

GL vs Zod feels pretty bad just like Zatanna, specially against a Zod that has mastered instant air balls. The reason is if u counter zone with a rocket, Zod will recover faster than you because zod balls make your fall really floaty giving him an additional advantage. I feel this will only get worse as Zod players master both IAFBs and rushdown. EXP - Viking, Pig, RelaxedState, M2dave

I still think GL vs Hawkgirl is in GL's advantage, Rocket power works as an anti air, lift, rocket blows her wakes ups and if shes flying too low, minigun blows wake ups, damage is superior mid screen. EXP - DarkSteel

That's all for now.
is this exp from offline? i tried playing k7 online and i couldnt get games. it's just like every other MU, where if GL cant play his game he has hella problems.

zod is horrible, but recently i have been having mad problems w/ MMH and DS...

also my opinion on batman may have changed. i finally got to go back home and play w/ the crew and i have a lot of work to put in, and could use some help from people who actually play this MU's on a regular basis.

for lex, i played ppj's a while back, and all i remember is that lex has way better momentum when he gets a knock down. in the neutral game, he cant just set up all his shit so GL's zoning is viable, but when you get knocked down, if the lex player isnt putting up orbs, the mine, and using his projectile he is playing it wrong. THAT's when it becomes a problem. saw u play at WB, good stuff!

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
is this exp from offline? i tried playing k7 online and i couldnt get games. it's just like every other MU, where if GL cant play his game he has hella problems.

zod is horrible, but recently i have been having mad problems w/ MMH and DS...

also my opinion on batman may have changed. i finally got to go back home and play w/ the crew and i have a lot of work to put in, and could use some help from people who actually play this MU's on a regular basis.

for lex, i played ppj's a while back, and all i remember is that lex has way better momentum when he gets a knock down. in the neutral game, he cant just set up all his shit so GL's zoning is viable, but when you get knocked down, if the lex player isnt putting up orbs, the mine, and using his projectile he is playing it wrong. THAT's when it becomes a problem. saw u play at WB, good stuff!
Mostly offline except relaxed state but the connection was very good, I still havent had a chance to play him offline. Zod I feel is slightly worse than martian, IAFB are no joke.

Batman I'm not sure where I stand. I played foreverking a few and was getting beat pretty bad but I haven't play the MU in so long.

not sure who k7 is.

Lex is indeed a problem when he has his trait, but GL's oki is stronger and it's really tough for him to get his trait without a knockdown since GL is always pressuring him either full screen or up close. In the corner he def wrecks GL with trait lol.

I did ok at WB, choked on that 2nd match vs Dragongod I feel like I could've done better but there's always next time, just gotta get used to the big tournaments and hype once I'm comfortable and can think straight I feel like I'll do better.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
try to always push block his JI2. stops his mix up pressure pretty well. also minigun and OA MB are great for runningman stance
running man stance is no issue. i can catch him charging with jump back 1 but cant convert off of it. his mixups are hell especially in the corner i was guessing between his overhead and low the whole time lol

AK XEN0M0RPH

The lift is strong in this one
running man stance is no issue. i can catch him charging with jump back 1 but cant convert off of it. his mixups are hell especially in the corner i was guessing between his overhead and low the whole time lol
MB F3 is ur best friend in that situation. If you block is over head string, let it rock cause itll blow up both his low and overhead again.