What's new

Match-up Discussion Post-patch Match up List and Discussion

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
If you thought DS was annoying. A really good one will be the most frustrating match up you'll see online.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
I think Ares vs GL is horrible. 7-3 Gl. 6-4 minimum. He outfootsies ares so badly.
Ares struggles so bad. He has no punish for yolo lifts to check him.
Gl has better wakeups and mixups.
Ares does slightly better far away

Gl dominates mid and close range.

This matchup is horrible for ares imo.

My final opinion for now 7-3.

I think Ares vs GL is horrible. 7-3 Gl. 6-4 minimum. He outfootsies ares so badly.
Ares struggles so bad. He has no punish for yolo lifts to check him.
Gl has better wakeups and mixups.
Ares does slightly better far away

Gl dominates mid and close range.

This matchup is horrible for ares imo.

My final opinion for now 7-3.
And this is with Ares' changes?

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
Aquaman I definitely feel is 6-4 GL.

Very close to 5-5.

Overall I'm feeling 6-4 gl tho.

GL outfootsies aqua imo

Flawed is one of the best aqua's so I know the aqua mu.

I'll have to play Tom to get my final thoughts

Final opinion: 6-4 Gl

Aquaman I definitely feel is 6-4 GL.

Very close to 5-5.

Overall I'm feeling 6-4 gl tho.

GL outfootsies aqua imo

Flawed is one of the best aqua's so I know the aqua mu.

I'll have to play Tom to get my final thoughts

Final opinion: 6-4 Gl
Tom is psychic with AM lol. But I do need more experience against his and other's.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
Zod I really don't know but my theory is 6-4 zod or even.
Gl projectile is more dmg
Zod trait can give gl some problems
But GL outfootsies him

I'll play pig offline next tourney Nec most likely.
We'll grind it out
Final opinion on mu: zod favor for now 6-4

Zod I really don't know but my theory is 6-4 zod or even.
Gl projectile is more dmg
Zod trait can give gl some problems
But GL outfootsies him

I'll play pig offline next tourney Nec most likely.
We'll grind it out
Final opinion on mu: zod favor for now 6-4
I agree with that for now. GL MAY have something down the road to make it closer to even, but I don't know. Time will tell.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
Its all my opinion and things can definitely change with his matchups.

Flash vs GL 6-4 slight adv gl.

Gl has better footsies and better from far range.

Flash only can win up close.

Its a clear 6-4 imo bruh

JDM

Noob
batman has always ebeen 5-5 imo.

This new patch could possibly make It 6-4 gl

for now I like 5-5
I think it's like 5.5-4.5 lantern now. Best AAs in the game, which batman struggles to deal with. Without Bats he can't punish properly spaced blocked Lantern's mights. Batman has baby limbs so we out footsie him pretty hard, etc.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
I think it's like 5.5-4.5 lantern now. Best AAs in the game, which batman struggles to deal with. Without Bats he can't punish properly spaced blocked Lantern's mights. Batman has baby limbs so we out footsie him pretty hard, etc.
so 6-4 lantern I don't really like dcimals but yeah I see what youre saying

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
I honestly think GL gets beat pretty bad by joker now, after playing a long set with Emperor Dark and getting bodied, buy him, I can see that match up being very bad for GL. The moment GL gets touched by Joker its ggs cause GL CANNOT get up, and now that jokers little low kick into the overhead otgs its even worse.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
I think gl beats ba now 6-4.

divekick can only be used on read and punished anytime on block just my opinion.

gl might beat this version of deathstroke but 5-5 sems more agreeable for m now

Gl might beat dd because he outfootsies him 6-4. I have that mu 5-5 too for now

batgirl is only vortex and her zoning isn't that great might be a little overrated in the mu. gl outfootsies her bad. I think its 5-5 just my opinion.

nightwing loses to gl 6-4. b1 son!! ha

catwoman I think it is 6-4 gl

bane loses gl 6-4

Harley 6-4 gl

scorp loses to gl 6-4 or 5-5

Idk gl vs ga could be gl favor better footsies. I like 5-5 for now

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
I honestly think GL gets beat pretty bad by joker now, after playing a long set with Emperor Dark and getting bodied, buy him, I can see that match up being very bad for GL. The moment GL gets touched by Joker its ggs cause GL CANNOT get up, and now that jokers little low kick into the overhead otgs its even worse.
nah still bad for joker I think. He has to get a setup to win or he is toast. a patient gl will give joker a lot of problems imo.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
GL vs shazam still 7-3 imo could be 6-4 minimum

His buffs didn't really help him in this mu.

still one of his worse.

gl controls space too well in that mu

Gl vs lobo is still his favor I think probably 6-4 now. I got to get more lobo exp

lex vs gl is still gl 6-4

CheapEddie

I HAVE A FACE NOW!
I think gl beats ba now 6-4.

divekick can only be used on read and punished anytime on block just my opinion.

gl might beat this version of deathstroke but 5-5 sems more agreeable for m now

Gl might beat dd because he outfootsies him 6-4. I have that mu 5-5 too for now

batgirl is only vortex and her zoning isn't that great might be a little overrated in the mu. gl outfootsies her bad. I think its 5-5 just my opinion.

nightwing loses to gl 6-4. b1 son!! ha

catwoman I think it is 6-4 gl

bane loses gl 6-4

Harley 6-4 gl

scorp loses to gl 6-4 or 5-5

Idk gl vs ga could be gl favor better footsies. I like 5-5 for now

Nice! The only thing i`d argue with is CW MU. Imao, it was always 5-5, CW had many tools to compete against GL and now she can even punish his b1,3 string.

And, what do u think about GL-KF? I never saw your opinion about it.

U mean, he can`t even block\pushblock? From what i`ve seen u can fuzzyguard it, just need proper trainings, imao.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
Nice! The only thing i`d argue with is CW MU. Imao, it was always 5-5, CW had many tools to compete against GL and now she can even punish his b1,3 string.

And, what do u think about GL-KF? I never saw your opinion about it.

kf 5-5.

idk CW vs gl still in gl favor imo maybe 5-5. I don't see it tho.

I think CW might still struggle vs him but its just my opinion

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
This list is post-patch. A lot of the previous match ups, if not all, need to be looked at again. As before this list will change as the game develops and more strategies are discovered.

Please discuss and list what you believe the match ups to be. Keep in mind this list will not have match up numbers in it. Situations change from moment to moment during a match and a lot of match ups can slightly or dramatically change during the match. And due to previous observations people can get hung up on the numbers and debate whether something is even or not without progress.

I will list the characters in the section they best fit in and list beside them whether or not it could change during a match.

Big Advantage-
-Grundy
-Ares

Slight Advantage-
-Nightwing
-Aquaman
-Flash
-Scorpion
-Hawkgirl

Relatively Even-
-Green Lantern
-Superman
-Harley Quinn
-Sinestro
-Batman
-Deathstroke
-Bane
-Batgirl
-Killer Frost
-Lex Luthor

Slight Disadvantage-
-Martian Man Hunter
-Raven
-General Zod

Big Disadvantage-

*Under review-*
-Black Adam
-Catwoman
-Cyborg
-Doomsday
-Green Arrow
-Joker
-Lobo
-Shazam
-Wonder Woman
-Zatanna

KT Smith
Blind_Man
AK Pig Of The Hut
McPeak
CptXecution
I like how these matchups are looking right now

JDM

Noob
Really now? I'll get a set in with a good Joker and let you know what I think. I just don't see Lantern losing this since he can zone joker so hard. Pre patch he refused to even play me with him :<

I actually don't care for DDay Lantern and I feel like I lose the matchup. It's just so hard to get him off of you. I remember destroying some guy with Lex against DDay and it being extremely close with Lantern (who is my main). Batgirl/Lantern matchup is tough but like said Lantern outfootsies Batgirl pretty hard. Still it's an awkward matchup.

The Shazam matchup is so bad for Shazam it's not even funny, honestly probably 7-3 it's terrible.