What's new

Match-up Discussion Post-patch Match up List and Discussion

Alright I'll take your word for it and list it as slight disadvantage.

What are some things GL can do in that MU?
GL basically has to find a way to get in and close the distance. He doesn't win the zoning battle, so he'll be playing this matchup kind of how he plays vs raven. If MMh does a pillar too close, you can punish it with lift because pillar is -17. Once you are in, GL should be doing the usually 50/50s and utilize meter burn f3 to blow up MMH's wakeups. MMH doesn't have a normal faster than GL's back 1, so when at the right distance, GL should utilize this a lot. Only time MMH can deal with b1 is when MMH has his trait on. Overall, it is like when GL plays sinestro and raven, when he gets in, that is where he is at a huge advantage. On the defensive side however, GL will have to deal with MMH's orb setups and etc.

OP updated.

What does everyone think about the Catwoman MU? With her buffs it appears she can't be zoned anywhere near like she used to and her pressure can be overwhelming (online at least).

After playing Tom's AM online it also doesn't feel even let alone advantage.

Also characters that received buffs that can completely change how they're played like Shazam, Joker (possibly), Lobo, etc.

Still working on those but yea I thought cat woman was a game error since she armored through 7 mb gatlin bullets, but maybe they decided to make it fully invincible to "projectiles" in the game. Did that happen to anyone else besides me? She is vulnerable to back dash punishes though on a lot of her openers

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Alright...anyone with extensive experience against Zod (preferably Pig's or Dave's) help me figure out if there's anything GL can do.

Obviously you have to get in and stay in. But damn those mixups and fullscreen 50/50 on top of zoning are rough.

Any ideas?
I think its 7-3 or 6-4 zod

results make me think 7-3
Theory think 6-4

i never ever ever lose to GLs

Pig Of The Hut

OP updated.

What does everyone think about the Catwoman MU? With her buffs it appears she can't be zoned anywhere near like she used to and her pressure can be overwhelming (online at least).

After playing Tom's AM online it also doesn't feel even let alone advantage.

Also characters that received buffs that can completely change how they're played like Shazam, Joker (possibly), Lobo, etc.
GL at minimum is 5-5 w aqua

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
I'd like to play your Zod sometime ;p GTAG is lll Orochi lll
Good shit vs Jkun at TOTFC. Went to work and didn't see the rest of the tourney. Isn't on the archives. Had no idea you were with Kinetic. Unfortunately we are now enemies. I hate you and what not.

Pig Of The Hut

Because of AORs is what the AM forums are saying, but GL has to worry about both trident projectiles. And AM can use the water shield against them. Need to play it more.
Because of aa
Trident rush punish that ends in a mix up
Safe 50 50 pressure
Damage
He just seems equipped well to match and/or beat him

Because of aa
Trident rush punish that ends in a mix up
Safe 50 50 pressure
Damage
He just seems equipped well to match and/or beat him
This is true. AM has his stuff too that I'm probably just not used to dealing with. Like his 50/50s, and his D2 is godlike as well. I need to try and find some touney footage tonight to see how other GL players are approaching him because 20-1 is clearly me doing something wrong lol.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
B1 OR can be ducked and punished

B12 can be poked out of or dashed

B13 can be parried and GL has to spend a bar of meter to make it safe.
I guess every character in the game has a 1 frame parry now.

Stop down playing the best normal attack in the game.

I guess every character in the game has a 1 frame parry now.

Stop down playing the best normal attack in the game.
I'm not downplaying anything. I'll be the first to say GL's B1 is one of the best if not THE best normal in the game and tell everybody to hold that shit, but even against characters that can't parry B13 it still leads to nowhere on block except being safe after burning a bar of meter. Now there's the B1~B13 shenanigans but that's all it is. GL can't B13 into special then back dash then whiff punish.

As a footsie tool, B1 is the best in the game. As a pressure, rush down, in your face tool, Superman's F2 is better. And I don't know post-patch but before the patch didn't F2 have more range and was better as a whiff punisher than B1?

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
you downplay batman more than cowboy downplays shang

Lets not act like batman is stryker or anything lol

Batman is good, but as a Batman player I know all his holes and weaknesses. Honestly alot of people let me get away things I shouldn't even be getting away with. I beat every other Batman player I play with or without Batman

Also green lanturn is a beast of a character, there's no doubt in my mind that it's a 5-5 matchup haha