What's new

Match-up Discussion Post-patch Match up List and Discussion

I agree with these, but I think bane loses to lantern

Martian Manhumper looks to be even. You can turbine right through all his zoning options unless he burns meter. His combos in practical situations don't do much damage and has little in the way of effective post-knockdown resets; normally he goes for meaty jin fireballs into more pressure. From midscreen lantern beats him in the neutral game and his wake up can be blown up with mb b3's that he must respect but can escape most reset attempts with force push since the hitbox is so damn big.

Also, lantern beats the flash clean. He still has all the same problems as pre-buff but now just does more damage when he gets in
You don't think GL is at, at least, slight advantage over Scorpion? There's nothing GL can't block and full combo punish and even if Scorpion catches him his damage is low it doesn't really matter.

I've played maybe 1 good Lex since release. After what Revolver had shown at SJ does GL still beat him? (I didn't get to see SJ)

And with Bane, it seems all GL has is MG MB. After Bane's trait is gone would GL have enough meter to actually do a significant amount of damage? (Again I haven't played a good Bane and I'm going off what Ketchup was saying)

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 2

Catwoman vs Green Lantern 5-5?
Who said 5-5? Nobody said anything about 5-5.

I did say RELATIVELY even. They both have their shit in this MU.

However if you or anyone else explain how you feel it's one way or another since I haven't played a Catwoman in a while, I'll listen.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing

However if you or anyone else explain how you feel it's one way or another since I haven't played a Catwoman in a while, I'll listen.

Id say its relatively free for Green Lantern.
Lanterns might easily shuts down j2 and his d2 easily handles her j1
Shes easily zoned because rockets travel too quick, cover too much space and stuff cat dashes especially the air one
Her only invincible wakeup is trait so shes forced to deal with all knockdown setups
She has no anti-air except for a situational mb cat dash forcing her to block or evade GLs insanely +j3
When she is close theres b1
Minigun controls the horizontal space which she is always in because GL shuts down her air options on reaction

-A character that beats her from afar and has better offensive tools and setups than her upclose
7-3 GL

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Id say its relatively free for Green Lantern.
Lanterns might easily shuts down j2 and his d2 easily handles her j1
Shes easily zoned because rockets travel too quick, cover too much space and stuff cat dashes especially the air one
Her only invincible wakeup is trait so shes forced to deal with all knockdown setups
She has no anti-air except for a situational mb cat dash forcing her to block or evade GLs insanely +j3
When she is close theres b1
Minigun controls the vertical space which she is always in because GL shuts down her air options on reaction

-A character that beats her from afar and has better offensive tools and setups than her upclose
7-3 GL
cat dash and cat claw are both invincible on wakeup too which is a bitch.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
cat dash and cat claw are both invincible on wakeup too which is a bitch.

They're not fully invincible though.

I think this match is one of Catwoman's worst. The zoning is whatever but she gets out footsied hard.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
They're not fully invincible though.

I think this match is one of Catwoman's worst. The zoning is whatever but she gets out footsied hard.
almost completely invincible though, Ive almost never stuffed catwoman out of a wakeup cat dash and I've never had it stuffed as catwoman.

187x

Noob

Thats not RELATIVELY even though. GL bops Catwoman

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
You don't think GL is at, at least, slight advantage over Scorpion? There's nothing GL can't block and full combo punish and even if Scorpion catches him his damage is low it doesn't really matter.

I've played maybe 1 good Lex since release. After what Revolver had shown at SJ does GL still beat him? (I didn't get to see SJ)

And with Bane, it seems all GL has is MG MB. After Bane's trait is gone would GL have enough meter to actually do a significant amount of damage? (Again I haven't played a good Bane and I'm going off what Ketchup was saying)

Honestly, everyone one from my scene who played him dropped him as soon as he got nerfed (REO, Soup, and Scoot Magee) so I've never even played a post-nerf scorpion that wasn't an online random

RE: Bane

all you really need is chaingun to keep him in check when he has venom on. even if you whiff a chaingun you can MB it to hit his charge if he does it too early. Even if he does get a charge off, just block and he's at -10 so you can either jump away to get distance or do reversal chaingun to blow up his armor if you think he's trying to go ham.

Once his venom runs off, opening him up once is enough to do massive damage. if he's turtling, just pelt him with air rockets to gain a ton of meter to burn on EX chaingun.

If he knocks you down, yea it becomes rough but that's true for almost the whole cast

The two I had questions on were raven and sinestro. Sinestro I am not trying to correct, yet, I have not played enough competent ones, and am currently memorizing his strings this week and just wanted more entail on why its bad. I am noticing that a lot of the bad matchups seem more like a lack of understanding of what to do against Zoners and can probably be even with a more passive playstyle . Certain stages all of the characters that have a slight advantage over g.l do have a few stages where they can legitly win, but that also works vice versa. The raven matchup, I can say right now falls in the category of even. Online makes her zoning stronger, and her counter zoning significantly weaker. She is borderline free to well spaced air oa rockets and has the sole responsibility of reacting every time or eating chip for no reward, since she losses trade and on top of that another one negates all her mb counter fireball options. The only option she has is to either approach you, or jump back enter dark raven in the air, which is literally just enough time to get off a mb oa rocket to do damage to her. If you get life lead of roughly 33% on her neutral interactables you can negate all her options by laming her out. Her only combo starters that have a chance of hitting are mb f3, and soul crush if you dash too far in on pillars, which can lock you down between distance 4 and 3. Only reason I say even and not advantage is because you have to read the desperation for dark raven mode usually 2-4 times to generally win the chip war if you play this method. And if you do one combo with meter on her, she is free to nearly every reset otg in your arsenal and even if she reacts correctly, a good block chain usually adds about 5% chip and let's you retreat away to be passive for more laming out or If you crouch about 4 spaces away from her with her in the corner, you will stalemate her with a guaranteed combo cause she can not move at all.

The two I had questions on were raven and sinestro. Sinestro I am not trying to correct, yet, I have not played enough competent ones, and am currently memorizing his strings this week and just wanted more entail on why its bad. I am noticing that a lot of the bad matchups seem more like a lack of understanding of what to do against Zoners and can probably be even with a more passive playstyle . Certain stages all of the characters that have a slight advantage over g.l do have a few stages where they can legitly win, but that also works vice versa. The raven matchup, I can say right now falls in the category of even. Online makes her zoning stronger, and her counter zoning significantly weaker. She is borderline free to well spaced air oa rockets and has the sole responsibility of reacting every time or eating chip for no reward, since she losses trade and on top of that another one negates all her mb counter fireball options. The only option she has is to either approach you, or jump back enter dark raven in the air, which is literally just enough time to get off a mb oa rocket to do damage to her. If you get life lead of roughly 33% on her neutral interactables you can negate all her options by laming her out. Her only combo starters that have a chance of hitting are mb f3, and soul crush if you dash too far in on pillars, which can lock you down between distance 4 and 3. Only reason I say even and not advantage is because you have to read the desperation for dark raven mode usually 2-4 times to generally win the chip war if you play this method. And if you do one combo with meter on her, she is free to nearly every reset otg in your arsenal and even if she reacts correctly, a good block chain usually adds about 5% chip and let's you retreat away to be passive for more laming out or If you crouch about 4 spaces away from her with her in the corner, you will stalemate her with a guaranteed combo cause she can not move at all.
These guys can explain better than I can at the moment.

AK Pig Of The Hut
WoundCowboy
Blind_Man

I played blind man when I went over the raven matchup. Didn't do everything I normally do and doubt he did as well. since it was online and it hurts raven a lot, trust me I play her too. I decided to just go through a unique playstyle that goes against ordinary g.l to show that each had an answer for every option. I can't fight him offline because we stay too far away. but we joke exhibitioned enough to say 5/5 online at least . Which is enough. And g.l literally can make it a pure chip war depending on how he decides to approach the match. Dark raven is absolute advantage, which is why she can be completely negated with a mb oa before she finishes transformation animation. Both get free meter and can spam each other all day so meter is irrelevant. Just wait out dark raven dashing forward and back from full screen to make him miss some of the chip. Otherwise you eat 16 and he build some of that irrelevant meter while you did not. G.l beats regular raven and loses to shadow raven. As for sinestro I am still learning him before playing pig and wound cowboy and a few others. I need time to adapt, these matches go against normal play style. They aren't really bad mu, just annoy both parties involved lol

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
All good assessments, maybe someone who has played revolver on Xbox could give a better input on the lex matchup, and many of the ones left seemed borderline even. A good scorpion still gives me trouble but never thought of locking his wakeups down with mini gun so that should make it roughly even depending on stage
Or you could just ask me? lol

I think GL gives Lex problems, but by no means do I think GL dominates the matchup. It's another matchup where whoever gets the momentum first usually wins imo. Lex with the zoning advantage is really good vs GL, but GL's zoning tools beat me from the start. GL's poor wakeup game makes my setup options really good, especially in the corner, but at a neutral up close/midrange game GL still wins. I'd say 6-4 GL is safe but further down the line I can see that number going both up or down.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Or you could just ask me? lol

I think GL gives Lex problems, but by no means do I think GL dominates the matchup. It's another matchup where whoever gets the momentum first usually wins imo. Lex with the zoning advantage is really good vs GL, but GL's zoning tools beat me from the start. GL's poor wakeup game makes my setup options really good, especially in the corner, but at a neutral up close/midrange game GL still wins. I'd say 6-4 GL is safe but further down the line I can see that number going both up or down.
Hey rev0lver are you on xbox? if so I'd like to run some matches with you if possible. MY GT is lll Orochi lll

Thanks for input revolver would like to run some too, but I hate the 360 controller with a passion and would only be able to play when at a friend's place
Also anyone know other good Catwoman players on psn besides JJ_live?

I will put Raven at slight disadvantage for right now. Simply throwing projectiles can still be trouble because of how far Soul Crush reaches.

As for Lex I'll put slight advantage.

I will put Raven at slight disadvantage for right now. Simply throwing projectiles can still be trouble because of how far Soul Crush reaches.

As for Lex I'll put slight advantage.

That seems most fair for now. Its just the idea of that being a big disadvantage is laughable. As time passes on and people realize all her strings are worthless in this matchup I predict better results. I can imagine a change if starting positions are changed, or she gets an overhead in next patch. If a player proves me wrong on the matchup, I will immediately retract the argument and state the options she has to take over the matchup to a 7/3, her favor, but she is so hard to use online I dont want to use that as an example of her at max level play, and playing blind ducky in exhibition matches only gives so much information as long as its online cause that hurts his ability to read moves in ranges 2-1if I bring the match in close. As for lex, think revolover's opinion just might be credible enough lol :)

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
Superman is 4-6
Batgirl 4-6
Batman 5-5
Aquaman 5-5
black adam 5-5
doomsday 5-5
Deathstroke 5-5
Raven 5-5
Sinestro 5-5
nightwing 6-4
Flash 6-4
WW 5-5
Lex 6-4
Grundy 6-4
bane 6-4
Mmh 5-5
Zod 4-6
Zatanna 5-5
Hawkgirl 6-4
lobo 6-4
Scorpion 6-4
Cyborg 5-5
Kf 6-4
Cat woman 6-4
Harley 5-5
Joker 6-4
Ares 5-5
Shazam 6-4
His matchups feel like this to me. Nothing set in stone just all his mus feel so balanced.