What's new

Match-up Discussion Post-patch Match up List and Discussion

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
So someone wanna explain to me, what in Christ name is GL suppose to do about Raven? I just played a set with Blind_Man and got wreck, like straight 20-0'd. I can't use my moves at all. Everything leads into soul crush. and when she activates her trait forget about everything, especially if your at full screen. If I think about moving, soul crush, into demon pillar. Then she turns around and just does soul suck when I even think about moving. That match feels so bad. I'm not giving numbers cause Ill out right admit I have no idea how to play that match and Blind_Man is really good, but then again what do you expect from someone who did so well at EVO.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
So someone wanna explain to me, what in Christ name is GL suppose to do about Raven? I just played a set with Blind_Man and got wreck, like straight 20-0'd. I can't use my moves at all. Everything leads into soul crush. and when she activates her trait forget about everything, especially if your at full screen. If I think about moving, soul crush, into demon pillar. Then she turns around and just does soul suck when I even think about moving. That match feels so bad. I'm not giving numbers cause Ill out right admit I have no idea how to play that match and Blind_Man is really good, but then again what do you expect from someone who did so well at EVO.
Naw man just fire a little rocket on reaction when I trait.

But yeah ggs let's play that more so you learn the mu better.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
i've played the MU a few times but its really bad, especially when trait is active(i think she can grab you full screen anf full combo from there) to my knowledge all you can do is walk block walk block to avoid soul crushes and when you get close enough punish with lift or b1 but getting in is tough, its one of GL's worst MU's imo

Endeavor

i've played the MU a few times but its really bad, especially when trait is active(i think she can grab you full screen anf full combo from there) to my knowledge all you can do is walk block walk block to avoid soul crushes and when you get close enough punish with lift or b1 but getting in is tough, its one of GL's worst MU's imo
Yea that is for sure. I think I hate raven more than superman....Jesus.

Endeavor

Naw man just fire a little rocket on reaction when I trait.

But yeah ggs let's play that more so you learn the mu better.
I would love too, I tried to counter pick with superman but that did,t go like I planned either. I'd love to play some more, I just gotta take a break cause I think for the first time in a long time I was actually getting salty, not enough to call you a scrub or say that Raven is super easy to play, but enough to where I wanted to play a different game for a bit.

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
Best advice I can give you against raven from seeing her gameplay. Which btw blind man plays her extremely well. Is to walk and block and play at b1 range most of the fight and whiff punish anything she might throw out with b1 oa combos. When she traits I don't know how plus pillars are so not sure if you can oa rocket to keep her honest then again that isn't her only option. I'd like to play blind man some before I take notes on that section of my mu chart.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Best advice I can give you against raven from seeing her gameplay. Which btw blind man plays her extremely well. Is to walk and block and play at b1 range most of the fight and whiff punish anything she might throw out with b1 oa combos. When she traits I don't know how plus pillars are so not sure if you can oa rocket to keep her honest then again that isn't her only option. I'd like to play blind man some before I take notes on that section of my mu chart.
Pillars are zero, but at that situation oa is a terrible idea because you can trade with singularity, and in demon stance, trade singularity is a free full combo. You pretty much have to sit out demon stance. When she's out of demon stance, max height air oas are some of your best friends.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Pillars are zero, but at that situation oa is a terrible idea because you can trade with singularity, and in demon stance, trade singularity is a free full combo. You pretty much have to sit out demon stance. When she's out of demon stance, max height air oas are some of your best friends.
thats what i do just wait until trait is gone, then slowly work my way in or try to bait with with a high rocket or 2 or sneak in a MB rocket if i can

Lol. I think I've only beaten his Raven once or twice...out of I don't know how many matches.

His is the only one that gives me trouble so I'm not sure one MU placement either.

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 2

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
what do you guys think of the doomsday mu? I'm so free in this mu, i still think is 6-4 doomsday
MB F3 blows up his stomp. Machine gun his trait. If you don't have meter and he flies up in the air, just turbine and he'll miss every time. I've never had problems with this matchup. It's not in Doomsday's favor but not necessarily in GL's favor either. I'd say it's 5/5.

I've been playing against chaosphere with flash a lot lately, and if stay its a pretty even match, I can keep him at bay by zoning most of the time and since his b1 reaches so far I can easily whiff punish almost any of his strings. I just picked up GL so I'm still learning a lot.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

187x

Noob
MB F3 blows up his stomp. Machine gun his trait. If you don't have meter and he flies up in the air, just turbine and he'll miss every time. I've never had problems with this matchup. It's not in Doomsday's favor but not necessarily in GL's favor either. I'd say it's 5/5.
i disagree, I think doomsday gives GL problems. His stomp isn't the problem lol lbsh, when doomsday is in GL's face theirs not much you can do. GL's mobility makes it worst

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
i disagree, I think doomsday gives GL problems. His stomp isn't the problem lol lbsh, when doomsday is in GL's face theirs not much you can do. GL's mobility makes it worst
Doomsday is a problem in everyone's face, this isn't an issue that's isolated to just GL. Just make good reads and use the tools GL has. His footsies are awesome and you can full combo punish a Doomsday or any character for that matter who makes one mistake; just don't carelessly lift because that'd be a mistake.

Speaking from personal experience, GL has a MUCH easier time dealing with Doomsday than Raven, at least.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
Reflect makes the little rocket things worthless.

187x

Noob
Doomsday is a problem in everyone's face, this isn't an issue that's isolated to just GL. Just make good reads and use the tools GL has. His footsies are awesome and you can full combo punish a Doomsday or any character for that matter who makes one mistake; just don't carelessly lift because that'd be a mistake.

Speaking from personal experience, GL has a MUCH easier time dealing with Doomsday than Raven, at least.
i stand by my opinion 6-4 doomsday. " just don't carelessly lift because that'd be a mistake." why will you throw a yolo lift lol? have you played any good doomsday not talking about online yolo stomp doomsday a good doomsday. Raven doesn't gives lantern trouble unless she has trait

some chars i think that give lantern problems are (not in order)
Doomsday
DS
batgirl
cyborg
maybe supes but i say thats 5-5

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
If it's just one good doomsday's then I can understand where you see a losing matchup, but if you are losing to a majority of doomsdays you play then I think you just don't know the matchup well. I'm saying this because a while ago I didn't know how to deal with his pressure so i thought it was a losing matchup but lately I've seen it as even.

For doomsday a solid offense is the way to go to get him scared of mindlessly rushing. Of course a great defense is just as important. Doomsday's rushdown consist of moves with advantage for example doomsday's when you block usually do a string, shoulder charge mb, poke and earthshake which you can't do anything as it's all safe on block, same with 33. So you really want to watch his meter for Shoulder Charge MB and Supernova.

When you get Doomsday down that's where you want to go ham with resets and F3 setups. Most doomsday's like to wake up and Lantern's F3 beats a lot of doomsday's wake ups, so they either adapt and block after a knock down or they'll eat a lot of damage, once they respect the knockdown you can go for b13.

Doomsday's still a threat and can make great comebacks but I can see it 5-5, I love playing doomsdays it gets me hype rather than zoners and yes I'm free to raven too, fortunately not many players use her on xbox.

Well crimson how do you usually Handel the match up?
Same as Sinestro: get in and stay in. Get her in a corner without reloadable interactables (or none preferably) and keep her there.

Otherwise it's a going be an icy uphill battle worse than Sinestro for obvious reasons.

You COULD get a big life lead then turtle making her come to you, but you will take a lot of chip damage from it.

I need more MU exp with both, but it's starting to feel like it's just below or just as bad as Cyborg.

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 2

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
i stand by my opinion 6-4 doomsday. " just don't carelessly lift because that'd be a mistake." why will you throw a yolo lift lol? have you played any good doomsday not talking about online yolo stomp doomsday a good doomsday. Raven doesn't gives lantern trouble unless she has trait

some chars i think that give lantern problems are (not in order)
Doomsday
DS
batgirl
cyborg
maybe supes but i say thats 5-5
Crimson Panther sums it up. I've fought plenty of Doomsdays offline in both Kombat Houston and in Pittsburgh. Pushblock, F3, and blocking always makes Doomsdays desperate enough to get impatient, and that's when you start capitalizing on their mistakes.

Raven, Sinestro, and Cyborg can give GL problems, you just have to be patient and gain health advantage. Batgirl can be a bit of a mess to fight in general because of her extensive toolset, but I suppose I just need to learn that particular MU better.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I still really don't fear Sinestro or Cyborg too much yet.

I actually feel really good with GL in the Cyborg matchup because his walk speed makes it feel easier to get around the projectiles to me. Chars with bad walk speed and far dashes seem like they end up running into the projectiles.