What's new

Match-up Discussion Post-patch Match up List and Discussion

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
The Batman matchup seems pretty horrible to me, for 2 reasons:

1) When Batman is crouched with trait out, there's almost nothing you can do to attack him where the risk/reward is in your favor, and
2) Most Batmen are basing their game now off of oki, and a lot of corner oki -- combined with GL's wakeup game, that is a nightmare (no pun intended).

This is based off of playing some really good Batman players (who also agree about the MU); but I'm down to try Chef's Rocket Power solution and see how it works.

Also I think Lex, Joker, and Scorpion are def. in GL's favor.

Eyedentical

That's it? That's all you got?
Depends on stage, meter, life lead, etc. MUs can change mid match. And since people get hung up on the numbers, I don't list them with numbers.

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 2
All rite I can agree with that, still feel Aquaman is superior in superior players hands though

1) When Batman is crouched with trait out, there's almost nothing you can do to attack him where the risk/reward is in your favor, and
2) Most Batmen are basing their game now off of oki, and a lot of corner oki -- combined with GL's wakeup game, that is a nightmare (no pun intended).

This is based off of playing some really good Batman players (who also agree about the MU); but I'm down to try Chef's Rocket Power solution and see how it works.

In GLs favor by how much in the Lex, Joker and Scorpion MU? I'm not finding anybody playing these characters well.

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 2

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
No, I don't consider GL winning 4 out of 10 even...
He means, depending on the situation its even, and 6-4 are not that bad, it just mean it requires you to play slightly different, this is also coming from a subzero main, so most of my match up were 6-4 in the other persons favor, trust me when I say it isnt that bad. NOw its them 7-3s or them 8-2s you gotta watch out for, dat shit SUCKS!!! thats right I'm looking at you Kitanna, Kabal, Scarlet, and Kenshi. :mad:

Rocket power helps and use empty oa rockets that you don't want to hit him to gain meter. The point is to gain meter and out turtle him til he feels like coming in and punish him. Push block is an easy corner solution, I have been stuck in the corner before, not fun. You can do the same to him though so at least his is easier to read in the corner

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
1) When Batman is crouched with trait out, there's almost nothing you can do to attack him where the risk/reward is in your favor
That's exactly why batmen with good trait management are stupid hard to fight.

You really do have to outzone him which is what Denzell said months ago but I wouldn't listen.

Lots of air rocket, missiles, and chain gun are necessary. If you find an opportunity, go for knockdown pressure because batmans wake ups are as shitty as they come.

BUT

Don't test his defense. It never works. Have to grind him down and try not to get hit with a grappling hook

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Joker:
I would say 6/4 at the very least in GL's favor.
Source: Played Cat's Joker a lot.
id say even, if you get to full screen against a good joker itll take you forever to get in or he will destroy you, he also has his d2 and j3 if you get close in the air

The only threat joker has is the in the corner chattering teeth j3 reset infinite. Sides that not much of a threat mid screen, kept watching emperor dark do it to see the properties and that can be easily back dashed, everything else he has you do better.

sgZick

Noob
Let me just say this is my opinion first of all... Now then, I main GL and have loads of experience with him, and I have to say this list IMO is 90% accurate except for one match-up...Aquaman. I play casuals all the time with my friends. My one buddy uses Deathstroke and Grundy. His Grundy is relatively easy to deal with however his Deathstroke requires me to play carefully, obviously cause of DS's zone game...Now, my brother has used Aquaman and only Aquaman since the games release, and I must say I can't help but feel at a disadvantage..granted I may not be the best GL but I've got enough games, wins, and know how with GL to realize Aquaman has way more options to counter GL than GL does Aquaman. Zoning, Aquaman has many more options that also do more damage than GL's zone game can do. Aquaman's footsies are better as his start up frames for moves and specials are insane, well at least for GL to deal with. Again, this is all opinion. I just think in the hands of above average hands on both ends, Aquaman wins 6-4.
I still think that one is (slightly) in Lanterns favor for the same reasons I initially used. Aquamans superb trait is worthless agains a lot of GL's combos. He can't even use it to get in free when being zoned and you can zone him. His launchers are predicatble and you both wan't to be in footsie range at wich GL has better options.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
id say even, if you get to full screen against a good joker itll take you forever to get in or he will destroy you, he also has his d2 and j3 if you get close in the air
Being full screen against anyone who's good will take a while to get in on because GL's mobility is notoriously bad. This doesn't just apply to Joker; This does not change the fact that the overall matchup is 6/4 or 7/3 in GL's favor, either.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Gun vs GL isn't the ultimate tool, when max height air rocket avoids it.

Except for that whole "extremely readable jump arc for air shots" combined with the horrors of d.s just dashing back then doing low or quick shots to potentially knock you out the air, or at the very least do more damage to you. It is manageable I agree, however, jumping is nearly suicide in this match unless on a hard read. Just longer the stage and the more inter a tables, the harder the matchup.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Being full screen against anyone who's good will take a while to get in on because GL's mobility is notoriously bad. This doesn't just apply to Joker; This does not change the fact that the overall matchup is 6/4 or 7/3 in GL's favor, either.
after playing the MU more recently i can see it being 6-4

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
FYI also in the GL vs Batman matchup, GL can't normally jump Batman's MB Bats explosion, but if you do a jumping 1 in the air it pulls his hitbox up further and avoids it.

I think it's a relatively big deal in that matchup.

LEGEND I tested it.

haha random fullscreen grappling hook is so annoying in this matchup

GL can't punish it, and as far as I know if he's anywhere in the air it will catch him because of his jump arc.
True but if he is dumb enough to do it, it will trade with full screen oa rocket. Its the trait that is the only threat, he can't stop you from spamming for meter, abuse it

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
FYI also in the GL vs Batman matchup, GL can't normally jump Batman's MB Bats explosion, but if you do a jumping 1 in the air it pulls his hitbox up further and avoids it.

I think it's a relatively big deal in that matchup.

LEGEND I tested it.
Yeah, j1 is an amazing way to jump over shit. I found out about it playing PL a long time ago...thought I posted about it, but I guess I didn't. >.>

But yeah, vs Batman, j1 in general is your best frannnn.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
I feel like stages play a huge role in all gl's matchups. GL can barely dodge anything with that jump aha. That would be so cool if he could LM interactables thrown at him.
I guess more gls are going to have to start doing what Sabin does and MB through the interactable.