What's new

Match-up Discussion Post-patch Match up List and Discussion

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
How does Cyborg work as a match up? Feels impossible to get in.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
How does Cyborg work as a match up? Feels impossible to get in.
Match-up is terrible. Catch him at match start and smother him.

If you have a decent life lead when he gets away, you can force trades with his fireball with your standing rocket so he has to be much more careful with his zoning allowing you opportunities to close distance.

If he gets away with equal life or you at life deficit good fucking luck

Ugh its painful reexplaining things. When it comes to playing bat girls, g.l is much better off maximizing damage, and if you wake up smoke bomb, the missle still landed on you when you were invincible, so it can be meter burned to explode her in the air b4 she comes down. She takes like 4sec to fall so very easy to punish with a 40+ combo. And with life lead g.l can just back away slowly and react duck batarang, and if batgirl gets too projectile happy, missile trade with a life lead is a valid tactic. Bat girl has to fear u bating her jump in, or smoke bomb, and her dashing forward will make her eat a b1 combo. I never said it was a 5/5 matchup, but if you play enough people trying to counter pick with bat girl, or bat girl mains, you start memorizing these occurances. I was just saying no move makes you impossible to reset, when your wakeup can be blocked and baited for a full combo. I still think matchup slightly favors bg since she makes you change your entire play style.

Damn, can't use all your tools all the time? Bad match up.

GL 6-4's at least characters that chain gun and air rocket can be abused on.

Can't use turbine? What matchups are you using turbine in?
Air turbine tends to work very well on black Adam, as long as you make sure it connects. That is about it outside of hard reads I agree turbine fails. Mb turbine is still probably the worst mb in the game, could at least cause a wall bounce or increased air hang time.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
Air turbine tends to work very well on black Adam, as long as you make sure it connects. That is about it outside of hard reads I agree turbine fails. Mb turbine is still probably the worst mb in the game, could at least cause a wall bounce or increased air hang time.
I agree turbine is worthless, honestly GL should just have an air dash, Supes has so does, WW and Killer Frost but not GL that so dumb, though I find air turbine to be useful in that Hawkgirl match up.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I did get a chance to play Forever King's Raven. It's a lot worse than I remembered lol. I'm not sure, and I learned some stuff as far as what she can do (pretty much the matchup goes 3-7 with her trait active).

I did learn, though, that max height air OR gets over even soul crush, so it's possible to annoy her insanely.
So what I found out about that matchup is this -- when I first tried to play Raven players, I was trying to be super patient and move in; block, work my way forward etc. Last time I played a good Raven, I switched to trying to trade rockets with everything. Demon pillars, her force ball, and basically anything but soul crush.

This was far more effective. Even on a trade, it keeps her from getting comfortable and establishing a rhythm. You have to be wary of her absorption gimmicks, but if she's staying put and waiting to absorb rather than spamming zoning at you, you already have a bit of room to move.

When she's in demon stance, being patient just seems to get you destroyed; you get punished for moving, punished for jumping, punished for sitting still etc. So as much as I can, I'm harassing her now on a constant basis, and it's working out a lot better.

Blind Man is still ridiculous though.. Good grief.

Endeavor

To add to this anyone feel free to add in your input but I find that walking in and forcing superman to the corner is the best option, once there you must bully him to hell and back again with air OA rockets and j1 when he tries to jump out. If he tries to dash most time since your shooting the rocket anyway it's stops him from advancing.

Or you can just choose to not get hit by any of his lasers by proper timing on ducking jumping and well timed turbines or air oa rockets. Worse case you have to block an in air laser stand blocking.
Online this is difficult cause all his lasers cause game to freeze so I feel your pain, real time, u can stop all but f2

Endeavor

Or you can just choose to not get hit by any of his lasers by proper timing on ducking jumping and well timed turbines or air oa rockets. Worse case you have to block an in air laser stand blocking.
Jumping his lasers is risky at best but if you do j1 you actually flatten your hit box to make jumping an option.

The startup of the laser that can actually hit you in the air involves him twisting his head so far back beyonce would be worried about his health, making jumping or ducking a very easy read option, and doing oa rocket in the air will keep you suspended long enough to avoid ariel laser for damage. And a well predicted turbine on his air laser will hit him straight out of his shooting. Now if he has 4 bars he becomes a Zoner cause that super is 2 frames and covers his main weakness in his "zoning".

Sami

Noob
So what I found out about that matchup is this -- when I first tried to play Raven players, I was trying to be super patient and move in; block, work my way forward etc. Last time I played a good Raven, I switched to trying to trade rockets with everything. Demon pillars, her force ball, and basically anything but soul crush.

This was far more effective. Even on a trade, it keeps her from getting comfortable and establishing a rhythm. You have to be wary of her absorption gimmicks, but if she's staying put and waiting to absorb rather than spamming zoning at you, you already have a bit of room to move.

When she's in demon stance, being patient just seems to get you destroyed; you get punished for moving, punished for jumping, punished for sitting still etc. So as much as I can, I'm harassing her now on a constant basis, and it's working out a lot better.

As a Raven player I can confirm pretty much all of this. Patient/advancing Green Lanterns are free Green Lanterns. While IMO Raven's range game is stronger, GL can mix things up a lot better than Raven and stop her from getting into a rhythm and the match becomes far more difficult.

Finally getting the hang of GL's footsies mid-screen, but I still get horribly blown up in the corner :(

So what's your opinion on the MU? I have it as 5-5 at best but the more I play Ravens such as Blind Man or players as good it really is starting to feel at best 6-4 in Raven's favor.

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 2

Is blind man on psn, I wouldn't mind a look at a stronger raven. Pretty sure he has played enough g.L's but maybe he wouldn't mind running sets.most of the good ravens I see are in bad rooms

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
This list will undoubtedly change, but I'd like the community to have an accurate match up list for GL. Discuss who you think he wins to, loses to, how badly, and who he goes even with. It will be updated if the majority agrees to such. (If the character has a "?" beside it, then it means I either don't know or haven't played the MU enough to know.)

Green Lantern vs.

- Flash (6-4)
- Nightwing (5-5) possibly (4.5-5.5)
- Batman (5-5) (Could be worse for GL due to turtling)
- Joker (6-4)
- Harley Quinn (6-4)
- Solomon Grundy (6-4)
- Cyborg (4-6) (Could be worse for GL)
- Green Arrow (5-5)
- Superman (4-6) (Could be 5-5 after July 2nd patch)
- Lex Luthor (_-_)?
- Catwoman (5-5)
- Deathstroke (5-5) possibly (4-6)
- Raven (5-5) at best
- Aquaman (6-4)
- Wonder Woman (5-5)
- Ares (_-_)?
- Killer Frost (5-5)
- Doomsday (6-4)?
- Hawkgirl (7-3)
- Shazam (6-4) could be worse for Shazam
- Green Lantern (5-5)
- Sinestro (4-6) possibly (5-5)
- Black Adam (5-5)
- Bane (6-4)
- Lobo (6-4)
- Batgirl (5-5)
- Scorpion (5-5)?
- General Zod (_-_)?
Whens the last time this has been updated?
CptXecution
McPeak
KT Smith

Why is hawkgirl 7-3

Pig Of The Hut

Idk bout it being worse than 5-5 for GL. It feels like he can pull me out of anything with Lantern's Might. I could be wrong tho..if you go 5-5 with Reo, then I guess it's probably right
I've never played Reo w GL

Ill say this, I just thought about the GL batman MU.....if u play primarily a zoning batman in this MU I can see it in batman favor

Try that out next time

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
Is blind man on psn, I wouldn't mind a look at a stronger raven. Pretty sure he has played enough g.L's but maybe he wouldn't mind running sets.most of the good ravens I see are in bad rooms
Yeah my psn is chemical_venom

Raven vs gl = 6-4 Raven.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I've never played Reo w GL

Ill say this, I just thought about the GL batman MU.....if u play primarily a zoning batman in this MU I can see it in batman favor

Try that out next time
Turtle batman is a horrible match for lantern. Rush down batman loses to him.

Here's my lantern chart, sans numbers because people get too hung up on them:

GL gets bodied by:
Cyborg
Turtle Batman

GL has a tough fight against:
Deathstroke
Sinestro

GL is out of his comfort zone but not necessarily at disadvantage against:
Ares
Harley
Superman
Raven
Green Arrow

Every other match has lantern in his comfort zone.

Pig Of The Hut

Turtle batman is a horrible match for lantern. Rush down batman loses to him.

Here's my lantern chart, sans numbers because people get too hung up on them:

GL gets bodied by:
Cyborg
Turtle Batman

GL has a tough fight against:
Deathstroke
Sinestro

GL is out of his comfort zone but not necessarily at disadvantage against:
Ares
Harley
Superman
Raven
Green Arrow

Every other match has lantern in his comfort zone.
Personally man I think Raven bodies him and I think arrow is 5-5

Everything else i agree with. I take if harley can frustrate him mightily

McPeak see above from kt

Even though I know its a bad strategy on turtle batman I do the exact opposite of what I heard i should do, I noticed if I do air oa rocket, there is a chance he can dash forward under it if I am not at furthest distance, so I just play the match different.
Run to the far back corner spamming oa rocket not caring at all if it connects for building meter. Then when he release trait do a timed back jump into quick duck to avoid being hit, if he came forward he is in my zone if not. Start spamming trait gatlin mb or oa mb to try and win chip war. His oonly move touching me are the batarangs till he comes in. And i only respect them if he has meter.
My question is what is a good strategy in this matchup?

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Personally man I think Raven bodies him and I think arrow is 5-5

Everything else i agree with. I take if harley can frustrate him mightily

McPeak see above from kt
Raven would be bad if soul crush had an aerial hitbox. But as far as gl is concerned, raven is nearly identical to death stroke but without air control.

She's also easier to handle up close than DS

Also the category that Green Arrow is are characters that are about even, but lantern can't abuse air rocket / chain gun and must play very carefully