What's new

Match-up Discussion Post-patch Match up List and Discussion

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Against Supes McGee, I feel like the enh air turbine is an effective way to make him wary about jumping and shooting lasers in the air.

Bane 6-4 Wtf? Chain gun and jump more guys. This is 5/5 at its worse although the only Bane experience I have is against Scar's; he's not a retarded player though.

I agree with the Harley matchup being a challenge. I'd say its 5/5, can go either way.
Green Lanterns d2 is godlike. I love using it.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
Actually I was wondering about dealing with Raven, that mu along with superman has really been giving me issues lately.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Actually I was wondering about dealing with Raven, that mu along with superman has really been giving me issues lately.
I did get a chance to play Forever King's Raven. It's a lot worse than I remembered lol. I'm not sure, and I learned some stuff as far as what she can do (pretty much the matchup goes 3-7 with her trait active).

I did learn, though, that max height air OR gets over even soul crush, so it's possible to annoy her insanely.

Endeavor

I did get a chance to play Forever King's Raven. It's a lot worse than I remembered lol. I'm not sure, and I learned some stuff as far as what she can do (pretty much the matchup goes 3-7 with her trait active).

I did learn, though, that max height air OR gets over even soul crush, so it's possible to annoy her insanely.
Alright, cause I played Glass Swords Raven and I hated ever second of it. When her trait is active its like GL can't even move, or he will get sucked in, and once he stops moving she can just mix him up with pillars and teleport shenanigans. I'm really starting to hate that ugly purple and grey bitch....

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
the way you guys are talking about Raven's trait makes me think I'm the only person willing to turtle with GL as much as is necessary lol.

when she busts out trait you can actually punish it with standing rocket if you're quick.

If it is out, do NOTHING. Literally nothing. she gets some free meter building and chip if she just spams force grab over and over but thats it.

Teleport = free d2 combo. doesn't matter if she does it in the air or on what side. Just as soon as you see the animation press d2 and combo.

Endeavor

the way you guys are talking about Raven's trait makes me think I'm the only person willing to turtle with GL as much as is necessary lol.

when she busts out trait you can actually punish it with standing rocket if you're quick.

If it is out, do NOTHING. Literally nothing. she gets some free meter building and chip if she just spams force grab over and over but thats it.

Teleport = free d2 combo. doesn't matter if she does it in the air or on what side. Just as soon as you see the animation press d2 and combo.
And what about the ground pillars, she does that and gets free chip and nice little frame trap.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
And what about the ground pillars, she does that and gets free chip and nice little frame trap.
there can't be a frame trap if you just continue blocking.

unless pillar has enough advantage on block to get in a safe teleport, which to my knowledge isn't the case.

Even so, pillars only hit in 3 designated spots so continue walking back and you'll be out of range.

Ok, so GLs d2 needs to be re-evaluated for any buffs.

Also, everyone else's d2 against GLs jump ins need to be re-evaluated

Any corps members that can get on this right away?
They mostly seems to be trading on the JI1. Aquaman can hit him out of it if he's early enough.

JI2 is really easy to D2 out of.

JI3 is seems to almost take priorty. They D2 after the animation of JI3 (like if it's done early in the jump arc) but otherwise it seems it either trades or more often than not it takes priorty.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
They mostly seems to be trading on the JI1. Aquaman can hit him out of it if he's early enough.

JI2 is really easy to D2 out of.

JI3 is seems to almost take priorty. They D2 after the animation of JI3 (like if it's done early in the jump arc) but otherwise it seems it either trades or more often than not it takes priorty.
J3 with the most priority? Huh, interesting

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
any early thoughts on Zod?

can he keep lantern pinned down at full screen? If not it's likely 5-5 or in lantern's favor

I was in the lab all day today with Zod and played quite a few matches and though he can outzone GL it seems pretty even for the most part, I feel like GL can open up easier than Zod though it's just day 1 so this might change. GL won't be able to do air rockets as Zods get the hang of the matchup because of the air grab, so that keeps GL grounded and with Zod's trait he can chip him out or try to open GL up. It's sort of like the Sinestro matchup but Zod's zoning is weaker IMO so this makes the matchup even for the most part.

afrozilla86

Apprentice
Raven vs g.l is at worse 5.5/4.5g.l favor what is there to complain about. Memorize her grab range and do a precise iafb only if you are skilled or feeling lucky with a deathwish. Condition her with oa rocket, and if she mb projectile counter, you can react jump forward to always avoid it and in air oa rocket. You can also Stay full screen and trait gatlin, and mb it on reaction if she didn't jump. Her using trait without knocking you down first means she is going to eat an oa rocket mb into a potential combo. If you put her in the vortex, hold down for .372226seconds to make sure you block her invincible wakeup, then f3 j3 her, or b12 her for a combo. Or grab. She loses at zoning and loses at footsies. Her in trait means you will eat chip however, but her teleport is made nearly useless by the fact that no matter which one she does autocorrecting d2 will find her. Please note a competent raven that learned the character will do everything she is supposed to do and make this a legit 5.5/4.5 g.l matchup. She does win at mid far range just not full screen or within b1 range.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I was in the lab all day today with Zod and played quite a few matches and though he can outzone GL it seems pretty even for the most part, I feel like GL can open up easier than Zod though it's just day 1 so this might change. GL won't be able to do air rockets as Zods get the hang of the matchup because of the air grab, so that keeps GL grounded and with Zod's trait he can chip him out or try to open GL up. It's sort of like the Sinestro matchup but Zod's zoning is weaker IMO so this makes the matchup even for the most part.
Yea, it's tough for him to do anything but trade pistol with rockets in a projectile war. Trait and force balls can be hit with rocket and then MB'd for good damage and advantage.

If he jumps up and does EX force ball that's when he can really get going. You might be able to ground turbine in on reaction to this but I didn't think of it at the time.

If he does get his trait out you can't do anything until I goes away

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
After careful deliberation, I've picked out the best stages to choose when facing a character that can keep you out

metropolis museum (IMO best stage to be on vs a Power zoner)
- It only has 2 interactables mid screen (the car and the plane). Power characters don't throw them with tracking, only straight down. For other characters the plane's tail rotor is thrown, while the car is detonated/divekicked.
- The only corner interactable is on the left corner and is a 1 time use rocket launcher. It sucks too so there's no need to respect it.
- The right hand side of the stage is closed off, making the overall stage size smaller until it's broken

batcave lagoon
- Only interactable is the overhead generator which is thrown straight down
- Right side of the stage is closed off by a breakable wall making the overall stage size smaller
NOTE: be very careful to NOT break the wall because on the other side is a respawning barrel container which is a horrible situation to be in

fortress of solitude laboratory
- Only midscreen interactable is the christmas ornament
- Only corner interactable is the spaceship on the left which is easily avoided/baited

If you're facing a non-power character zoner, your options increase.

metropolis rooftop (yes, really)
- This stage effectively completely blank in this situation unless you happen to be under a drone after a hard knockdown where you can add on extra free damage. The drones are useless to gadget/acrobat characters.

hall of justice great hall
- Non power characters have little use of interactables besides being able to detonate the planet mid screen and swing the space bat on the left corner which has no range and is easy to avoid.

wayne manor entrance
- Non power characters can only use the corners to escape (which can be baited) and are easily punished for trying to use the motorcycle

Against characters who must come to me, I normally pick either themyscira or arkham asylum because the lion heads are super fast and there is plenty of shit to throw around on arkham.

RenegadeVA

Mortal
Batgirl revised to 5-5, she's just annoying. Don't throw air rockets or jump unless its on reaction to a bola and you'll be fine.
No Air Rockets, Ground Rockets, Chain Gun, Turbine, anything really.

GL doesn't go even with BG. He has nothing that scares her. The only check from her walking forward is B1.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
No Air Rockets, Ground Rockets, Chain Gun, Turbine, anything really.

GL doesn't go even with BG. He has nothing that scares her. The only check from her walking forward is B1.
Damn, can't use all your tools all the time? Bad match up.

GL 6-4's at least characters that chain gun and air rocket can be abused on.

Can't use turbine? What matchups are you using turbine in?

afrozilla86

Apprentice
Bat girl is not a good matchup but it isn't too terrible either. With a little bit of space from her try doing an oa rocket that hits her on wakeup, if she does any of her wakeup attacks, such as taking off into the air or cartwheel, she will eat a full combo once you meter burn it. Aside from that trying to run her through the original blender is wreck less and you have to do a revised version, which requires you have at least one meter to cover all options.

RenegadeVA

Mortal
Damn, can't use all your tools all the time? Bad match up.

GL 6-4's at least characters that chain gun and air rocket can be abused on.

Can't use turbine? What matchups are you using turbine in?
I'm a Batgirl player. GL is easy. All of his specials have huge startup and can be smoke bombed on reaction. The crossup/mixup/reset can be smoke bombed for free (can't cross up a DD move), but I usually use Cartwheel since it's safer.

And without his specials I just walk forward free. Literally the only thing I worry about is B13, since it outranges and beats BG's longest move. But if he lets that rock, that's -4 and I get a free chain. If he does B12, I can usually poke out.

And you can D1 a lot of his other chains/cancels into specials. D1 for batgirl is combo into vortex.

It's just not a 5-5 matchup, I'm sorry.

afrozilla86

Apprentice
bat girl g.l is too much of a tossup for the g.l to feel comfortable in, the batarang is easily crouchblocked while walking in, bolo is so slow u can do anything you want on reaction, and her wakeups can be negated by a missile delayed mb to blow up for hi damage combo, that being said the d2 buff added an extra layer of benefit to g.l since he can potentially stop some jump ins from batgirl. Both characters have answers for the other, but bat girl has an easier time creating resets than g.l on her. Its not 5/5 but its no where near a 7/3 bat girl and is easily winnable if the bat girl doesn't have a life lead.

RenegadeVA

Mortal
bat girl g.l is too much of a tossup for the g.l to feel comfortable in, the batarang is easily crouchblocked while walking in, bolo is so slow u can do anything you want on reaction, and her wakeups can be negated by a missile delayed mb to blow up for hi damage combo, that being said the d2 buff added an extra layer of benefit to g.l since he can potentially stop some jump ins from batgirl. Both characters have answers for the other, but bat girl has an easier time creating resets than g.l on her. Its not 5/5 but its no where near a 7/3 bat girl and is easily winnable if the bat girl doesn't have a life lead.

What are you talking about? What batgirl throws bolas and batarangs as their primary objective? The only reason she can even throw such shitty projectiles is b/c the threat of Smoke Bomb makes zoners afraid to throw theirs & if Bola trades, Batgirl wins since it's a capture state and she can smoke bomb MB to grab you. It's not her primary strategy.

That's usually just to gain some meter and as a stalling tactic if anything. As batgirl: this is what I wanna do: 1)land a hit or SB MB into vortex 2)vortex hits 3)vortex hits again into 40-50% max damage combo 4) you're dead.

Why would BG be keeping away and GL be trying to get in?

Why would a D2 buff be pertinent at all when you have Lantern's Might? No BG is going to jump at you b/c of that.

Also, so your "answer" to wakeup cartwheel is to toss missles at her wakeup? You know BG can just NOT wakeup with cartwheel when she notices that you range yourself to throw those long strartup missiles, right? Or, you know, smoke bomb and grab your ass trying to MB them.

How is a life lead important against a character who's main strength is a loopable 50/50 vortex and does 50% corner damage? It's not like you can sit on the side of the screen and keep her out all day, all of GL's keepaway moves can be smoke bombed.

Life leads are important against zoning type characters that can't mix you up or don't do huge damage like deathstroke or sinestro.