What's new

Post Patch Batman MU chart Injustice 2

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I don't play Fate or these other characters so I don't know, but what makes Batman best to deal with it over other characters? Superman, Supergirl, Blue Beetle, Cyborg seem like they can get around it through the air and even attack. Can Sub slide under it? Does it really affect Deadshot? What about Black Adam? I'm genuinely curious what makes Batman the best at dealing with the orb?

Also, who was crying?
Batman can has a slide, double jump, and 2 different divekicks, plus mb roll, all backed by bats to make them safe

Jugghead

Noob
Batman can has a slide, double jump, and 2 different divekicks, plus mb roll, all backed by bats to make them safe
With proper spacing by Fate, I'm not sure any of those are safe. Even if they were, what makes those options "hands down" better for dealing with the orb than Superman's air lasers, or any of the other characters I mentioned?

Wetdoba

All too easy...
With proper spacing by Fate, I'm not sure any of those are safe. Even if they were, what makes those options "hands down" better for dealing with the orb than Superman's air lasers, or any of the other characters I mentioned?
They are better because batman has the MOST options to deal with orb, and every option he has is backed by bats. You dont think Fate can bait an unsafe teleport by supergirl or slide by sub too? You dont think he can blow up an air dash or divekick with a well spaced B2 too?

Jugghead

Noob
They are better because batman has the MOST options to deal with orb, and every option he has is backed by bats. You dont think Fate can bait an unsafe teleport by supergirl or slide by sub too? You dont think he can blow up an air dash or divekick with a well spaced B2 too?
Jumping while releasing bats, especially when he's in his float, can lead to them being inaccurate. Chances are if Fate is close then the bats will go over his head.

I would think Supergirl's laser or air laser would be a better option than teleport. Slide by sub is probably a good thing to bait and punish. What about Superman's air laser, Cyborg's and Blue Beetle's air cannons, Deadshot's wrist shot, and Darkseid's Omega beams? Its seems like at best Batman can use his bats to get back to neutral where these characters don't even really care about the orb. They are still attacking.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
This is false information. Batman only has 1 divekick, not sure where this random idea of 2 different dive kicks came from.

Also yes Batman has slide, but he doesn't low profile in first startup frames in the slide (that would be nice) he only low profiles way after the slide started already. So it's not like youre going to be point-black next to a MB orb and slide under it, you're going to get hit. You would only slide under something if you were about dash distance away from it before you used slide. Not to mention it's -40 on block, so you dont want to just be throwing slides out

Batman does have a double jump, but his forward double jump doesn't even get over the MB orb? And that's the whole point we were talking about, Batman is stuck behind the orb like anyone else. If you try to double jump over and orb you are just going to float into it because his 2nd jump when he glides forward doesnt cover much distance. Batman does have a double back jump, but why would you ever want to go backwards and give ground to a character that is heavily zoning you? Not to mention if you double back jump and he meter burns his projectile, you're definitely going to get hit and sent full screen, which is the worst spot for Batman to be against Fate.

Every character has MB roll. Yes I'll admit Batman's MB roll can be very good with bat trait, but with that being said this is still an option every character in the cast has and is not unique to Batman so idk why you would make that a talking point in why Batman does better vs Fate than others would like Supergirl, Adam, etc.

Your post was one of the worst in this thread to be honest, I feel like you never even played the Fate vs Batman matchup and you're just saying random things just to say them but it's actually mostly false information and not good advice

Wetdoba

All too easy...
This is false information. Batman only has 1 divekick, not sure where this random idea of 2 different dive kicks came from.

Also yes Batman has slide, but he doesn't low profile in first startup frames in the slide (that would be nice) he only low profiles way after the slide started already. So it's not like youre going to be point-black next to a MB orb and slide under it, you're going to get hit. You would only slide under something if you were about dash distance away from it before you used slide. Not to mention it's -40 on block, so you dont want to just be throwing slides out

Batman does have a double jump, but his forward double jump doesn't even get over the MB orb? And that's the whole point we were talking about, Batman is stuck behind the orb like anyone else. If you try to double jump over and orb you are just going to float into it because his 2nd jump when he glides forward doesnt cover much distance. Batman does have a double back jump, but why would you ever want to go backwards and give ground to a character that is heavily zoning you? Not to mention if you double back jump and he meter burns his projectile, you're definitely going to get hit and sent full screen, which is the worst spot for Batman to be against Fate.

Every character has MB roll. Yes I'll admit Batman's MB roll can be very good with bat trait, but with that being said this is still an option every character in the cast has and is not unique to Batman so idk why you would make that a talking point in why Batman does better vs Fate than others would like Supergirl, Adam, etc.

Your post was one of the worst in this thread to be honest, I feel like you never even played the Fate vs Batman matchup and you're just saying random things just to say them but it's actually mostly false information and not good advice
He has cape float 1 and 3 but whatever i guess its really 1 cus the arc is essentially the same.

Slide doesnt work point blank sure but it works from mb roll distance for no meter . Still an option and safe with bats.

If the orb is already frozen doing the cape float late will get him over the orb. The main reason i mentioned this tho was because cape float saves him from having the orb frozen underneath him when he is jumping over meterless orb in nuetral, one of Fates best guessing games. Double back jump doesnt help, whenever i said double jump i just meant cape float.

Mb roll i mention because batmans is in a tier of his own along with atrocitus because of trait. Those are the only 2 characters that can prevent themselves from being blown up by b2 at the end of their rolls which makes their rolls better than everyone elses. You have yo see that being able to protect yourself from being punished for rolling even if fate reads the roll is extremely good.

Overall it sounds like you are taking batmans options for granted. Instead of saying "but batman cant slide from point blabk" you should think "at least batman has a slide at all, at least batman has a double jump, at least batman cant get blown up for mb roling if i spend the resources etc. Batman has the options to deal with orb that others do not

Jugghead

Noob
He has cape float 1 and 3 but whatever i guess its really 1 cus the arc is essentially the same.

Slide doesnt work point blank sure but it works from mb roll distance for no meter . Still an option and safe with bats.

If the orb is already frozen doing the cape float late will get him over the orb. The main reason i mentioned this tho was because cape float saves him from having the orb frozen underneath him when he is jumping over meterless orb in nuetral, one of Fates best guessing games. Double back jump doesnt help, whenever i said double jump i just meant cape float.

Mb roll i mention because batmans is in a tier of his own along with atrocitus because of trait. Those are the only 2 characters that can prevent themselves from being blown up by b2 at the end of their rolls which makes their rolls better than everyone elses. You have yo see that being able to protect yourself from being punished for rolling even if fate reads the roll is extremely good.

Overall it sounds like you are taking batmans options for granted. Instead of saying "but batman cant slide from point blabk" you should think "at least batman has a slide at all, at least batman has a double jump, at least batman cant get blown up for mb roling if i spend the resources etc. Batman has the options to deal with orb that others do not
As I asked before (originally intended to question @DubiousShenron's comment) how are those options better than Superman and Supergirl and Blue Beetle and Cyborg and Darkseid's air projectiles, or Deadshot's wrist cannon. Having one great option is not better than having a few ok options.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Batman gets fucked by the orb lol idkl what you're talking about

Set up orb, stand behind it so mb roll just goes into it. Trait doesnt matter because orb, cant slide it. Batman has to hold everything there.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman

Set up orb, stand behind it so mb roll just goes into it. Trait doesnt matter because orb, cant slide it. Batman has to hold everything there.
Why does this man seem to know the ins and outs of every single projectile in this game?You ~insert zoner insult~!

Wetdoba

All too easy...

Where is fate in relation to the orb here. Inside of it? If mb roll is spaced right he wont go into it. Not sure what you mean.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
After playing vs Fighter Pack 2, I feel like Batman goes even with Manta and beats Raiden. Still need more experience against better players, but it seems like Batman dictates the pace of these matches with Batarang zoning.

P.S. Firestorm burst is a good anti air. Not top tier, but will definitley catch Batman j2 in a lot of situations

P.S.S. Fate orb fucks up Batman

jcbowie

...more deadly than the dawn.
P.S. Firestorm burst is a good anti air. Not top tier, but will definitley catch Batman j2 in a lot of situations
It's really not, simply because the hitbox of the attack is both smaller than and doesn't linger as long as it appears to. It's super unreliable not because the reaction is hard necessarily (although it is in a lot of situations) but because it's pretty hard to time to nail the hitbox.

So after attending Absolute Battle, ECT, IPS, SCR and other tournaments after the patch and pretty much dropping most of my secondaries to put more time into Batman, this is what I think of his matchup chart now:

Aquaman 5-5 but Aquaman controls the pace of the match

Atrocitus 6-4

Bane 6-4 or 7-3

Batman 5-5 or 5.5-4.5 if it's my Batman

Black Adam 5-5

Black Canary 6-4

Blue Beetle 6-4 maybe 5-5

Captain Cold 5-5 or possible 4-6

Catwoman 5-5

Cheetah 6-4 or 7-3

Cyborg 6-4

Darkseid 5-5

Deadshot 4-6

Doctor Fate 5-5 or maybe 4-6

Firestorm 5-5

Flash 5-5 but Batman controls the pace of the match

Gorilla Grodd 6-4

Green Arrow 4-6

Green Lantern 5-5 or possible 6-4

Harley Quinn 4-6 could maybe be 5-5

Joker basically 0 matchup experience but considering their tools I'd assume Batman wins

Poison Ivy 6-4

Red Hood 4-6 this is Batmans hardest matchup in my opinion, he zones out Batman and he punishes B23 on block with lunge

Robin 6-4

Scarecrow 6-4

Starfire 5-5

Sub Zero 6-4

Supergirl 5-5 or possible 4-6, she def controls the pace of the match and her quick lasers get rid of Batman's trait easily. Threat of teleport and quick lasers doesn't let Batman zone and D2 keeps him from jumping in

Superman 6-4

Swamp Thing 6-4 or 7-3

Wonder Woman 5-5

Ask me any questions about any specific matchup if you want me to give details on why I gave it that number
Hey, as a fellow Batman player I definitely agree with most of these matchup numbers. I would just like some advice on 2 of these matchups that I struggle with that you listed in Batman's favor.

What about the Batman Atrocitus matchup makes it 6-4? I don't know much about the matchup because I haven't played it too much, but I feel it is even when I play it. Either I pressure them to death or they pressure me to death. What I can do to improve on this matchup?

Also wondering about the Batman Bane matchup. I've always seen you list it in Batman's favor, and I definitely believe that with how often I've seen you win it. I think I struggle in this matchup because if Bane gets in he does so much damage. How do you think this matchup should be played, so that I'm sure I'm doing it correctly?

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
Hey, as a fellow Batman player I definitely agree with most of these matchup numbers. I would just like some advice on 2 of these matchups that I struggle with that you listed in Batman's favor.

What about the Batman Atrocitus matchup makes it 6-4? I don't know much about the matchup because I haven't played it too much, but I feel it is even when I play it. Either I pressure them to death or they pressure me to death. What I can do to improve on this matchup?

Also wondering about the Batman Bane matchup. I've always seen you list it in Batman's favor, and I definitely believe that with how often I've seen you win it. I think I struggle in this matchup because if Bane gets in he does so much damage. How do you think this matchup should be played, so that I'm sure I'm doing it correctly?
Pushblock dex starr otherwise it's stupidly hard, and go in when he doesn't have Dex, Atro has no quick anti airs so you more free jumps.

For Bane, you want to zone and create space when he puts venom, move away from his command grab range and then the mu is yours.When he is in debuff, he won't have armored venom uppercut so you go in.If you wait, all you'll gain is a block of butter at best; so you can't turtle forever.
Fun fact:Bane's super move hits full screen and will punish you for throwing batarangs so watch out!

I haven't played this matchup much in Inj2 but I'll try and help out.
Batman beats Bane because of zoning. Pretty much you want to zone when he traits up to make him waste it. When he's in debuff (is that still in this game?) You go im because he takes extra damage. Do your best to not get knocked down or you die. A lot of banes like to do uppercut on wakeup so bait it out and punish. If bane charges you can do 2 things
1. Mb to keep yourself safe When throwing bats
2. Double jump twice backwards and punish him on the recovery frames.

If he does down kick into command grab take the low so the command grab can wiff.

A lot of this is advice from Inj1 but maybe someone who knows Inj2 bane can tell you how the matchup has changed.