What's new

Possible Martian Manhunter in Aquaman trailer (screenshot)

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
I can say that his cape is not green. That is just color distortion from the enhancement done to it. It could be black, dark red, or dark blue, but it's a dark color nonetheless. His belt appears to be the same color as the cape, while the pants are obviously blue. The boots, however, are much harder to say.

What I do think is going on with the flesh area of his upper body and head is color 'bleaching'. And by that I mean, when you take a picture with an array of colors, and zoom in on a small area where the colors may be different. That area will kind of absorb the surrounding color around its edges, and if there is a light reflection, the area will also take on the color of the encompassing color in it's reflection. Meaning, I don't think there is no way of knowing what it's true color is.

All I can say is the pants are blue, it looks like a male, he can fly, his arm's are crossed, and he appears to have a cape, belt, and boots of similar color.

There's no an over abundance of characters that this could be, and the fact that it is probably the character's alternate costume doesn't help in the slightest.

I will say I don't think it's Dr. Fate, Captain Marvel, Black Adam, Raven, or Hawkman. That doesn't leave very many likely characters left that can fly, and look like that.

Plus, why would they go to the trouble of modeling Mars into the game? Especially when they are bypassing astronomical accuracy just to showcase it in Sinestro's super move, especially with enough detail to see the Valles Marineris:

I'd say this is plenty enough evidence to figure Martian Manhunter is in the game.

Plus, why would they go to the trouble of modeling Mars into the game? Especially when they are bypassing astronomical accuracy just to showcase it in Sinestro's super move, especially with enough detail to see the Valles Marineris:

I'd say this is plenty enough evidence to figure Martian Manhunter is in the game.
I didn't even notice it was mars, that does make me feel a bit better.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I think it's Shazam/Captain Marvel for sure, the cape seems to be white to me, with a hood much like Shazam's...

ShowboatingPenguin

Nothing gets past the Cold Field.
Here are my thoughts. It could be Doctor fate and the costume at The Hall of Justice could just be a DISPLAY (or cameo) of his old costume. It could be Black Adam's alt, after all he did turn good for a while in the "52" stories. Or maybe Sinestro's alt. Sinestro could turn to their side because he admires they're way of keeping order like he did (sorta).

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
inorite?

Anyways I think it's either Black Adam or Doctor Fate. As for Martian Manhunter I doubt it since I never seen him wear any yellow/gold and there's no green anywhere.
When a color is light, pastel-like, an you have an image so small zoomed in, it's not outside the realm of possibility that it's getting distorted by the surrounded color. And I honestly don't it's any superhero who is shirtless, or wearing all gold on the upper body.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Shazam has NO blue at all. There's not enough red in the outfit to say it's Shazam.
In the comics there is a blue version of the Shazam costume, worn by Captain Marvel Junior or whatever the hell it was. The blue & White +hood reminded me a lot of it. That being said it is blurry as hell so the colours might be screwed. It could be Martian Manhunter but as a White Martian variant, seeing as Hal is in his evil Yellow Lantern variant here in this same shot?

Justice

Noob
To me, it looks like Hawkman without wings. So it's probably the Wonder Twins :p

Seriously though, there's a little hint of a lot of things in there. And remember guys, they aren't being exactly accurate to the books either; Espeically the older ones that people are quoting. Until we get a better shot, it could be:

Hawkman (possible since HawkGirl was revealed)
Martian Manhunter (there's some green in there even though it's not on the skin)
Dr. Fate (most likely possibility based on the colour schemes in the renders we do have and the green we saw in the cape could have been distorted in the resizing process)
I had a 4th but I forgot who it was :oops:

I'm hoping for Martian Manhunter tho. We need some diversity.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Hawkman (possible since HawkGirl was revealed)
Martian Manhunter (there's some green in there even though it's not on the skin)
Dr. Fate (most likely possibility based on the colour schemes in the renders we do have and the green we saw in the cape could have been distorted in the resizing process)
I think with Hawkgirl there definitely won't be a Hawkman, I mean Ed Boon has stated he hates Hawkman as well.
Also we've been told multiple times Doctor Fate isn't in either, in various clues and also I think Boon just came out and said it?

I mean it could be standard Boon trolling so who knows...

Tofer Booboo

Anything could happen
It looks like they have no top on, and have blue pants with a gold cape.
I see no green in there whatsoever.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
It wasn't Mars in the Superman vs. Sinestro fight.

Sooooo, scorched Earth or Mars stage?