What's new

Possible Converter to use PS2 pads for MKX on PS4

Zabru

My blade is broken damn right better than yours!
The ps2 and ps3 d-pad look really similar (I haven't played fighters on ps2 so I wouldn't know how different they actually are) whats different about the ps2 d-pad more ppl seem to be requesting that. Or is it that structure and the button layout ppl prefer?

C-Sword

Noob
The ps2 and ps3 d-pad look really similar (I haven't played fighters on ps2 so I wouldn't know how different they actually are) whats different about the ps2 d-pad more ppl seem to be requesting that. Or is it that structure and the button layout ppl prefer?
D-pad is more loose and shoulder buttons are not trigger shaped.

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
I'm about to buy the Mayflash converter for my PS3 pad

Real quick... does the select button act as the touchpad and are the buttons mapped goofy the same way as the PS2 pad?

MadeFromMetal

I'm about to buy the Mayflash converter for my PS3 pad

Real quick... does the select button act as the touchpad and are the buttons mapped goofy the same way as the PS2 pad?
Yes, and yes. I recommend navigating menus with the ds4, but it won't take you long to get used to the wonky mapping either.

Zabru

So this works? If so will it let me use my DS2 on ps3, ps4 and pc? If so can I grab this on ebay? If so (sorry) I'm gonna fucking buy two of these right now. I'm not replacing my inferior ps4 pad that cost as much as a new game cause it has broken in only 14 weeks. Fuck that, my DS2 are like 10 years old and still going fine and are way better then shity ps4 pad. I will need two for both 1 and 2 player right.

Thank you in advance for answering my question(s)- me and my fingers love you so hard:p

MadeFromMetal

So this works? If so will it let me use my DS2 on ps3, ps4 and pc? If so can I grab this on ebay? If so (sorry) I'm gonna fucking buy two of these right now. I'm not replacing my inferior ps4 pad that cost as much as a new game cause it has broken in only 14 weeks. Fuck that, my DS2 are like 10 years old and still going fine and are way better then shity ps4 pad. I will need two for both 1 and 2 player right.

Thank you in advance for answering my question(s)- me and my fingers love you so hard:p
The Mayflash works on PS3 & PS4, I'm not sure about PC. You can grab it on amazon for $16.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
So I just bought the Mayflash.
I don't have a PS4 but going to a tournament in a couple of weeks so I need it for then.

The plug on that Mayflash is so goddamn thick it felt like I'm about to ruin the USB port on my laptop fucking hell.

Zabru

So I just bought the Mayflash.
I don't have a PS4 but going to a tournament in a couple of weeks so I need it for then.

The plug on that Mayflash is so goddamn thick it felt like I'm about to ruin the USB port on my laptop fucking hell.
You using it for PC? So does it work- or did I misread your message? Also am I better off just being an old ps2 pad at a gamestore or getting a new one from ebay? Cause a new legit sony DS2 (on ebay) cost about two thirds of a new DS4!

Braindead

You using it for PC? So does it work- or did I misread your message? Also am I better off just being an old ps2 pad at a gamestore or getting a new one from ebay? Cause a new legit sony DS2 (on ebay) cost about two thirds of a new DS4!
I use a PS2 pad with a ps2-xbox360 converter for PC and it's perfect. Windows sees it as an xbox360 controller so I get native support and don't need to change the settings of the buttons in-game or anything. Just plug and play.

The Mayflash converter can be used on PC, it comes with a driver on CD and it should work (the manual says it works on PC,) but I didn't test it because there's no need really.

Edit: This is the converter I use:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Game-Controller-USB-Adapter-Adaptor-Converter-for-PS2-to-XBOX360-/331474974765?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d2d72b82d

Get it and get a PS2 pad and you'll have the best experience ever. DS2 is hands down the best pad for MK.

Zabru

I use a PS2 pad with a ps2-xbox360 converter for PC and it's perfect. Windows sees it as an xbox360 controller so I get native support and don't need to change the settings of the buttons in-game or anything. Just plug and play.

The Mayflash converter can be used on PC, it comes with a driver on CD and it should work (the manual says it works on PC,) but I didn't test it because there's no need really.

Edit: This is the converter I use:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Game-Controller-USB-Adapter-Adaptor-Converter-for-PS2-to-XBOX360-/331474974765?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d2d72b82d

Get it and get a PS2 pad and you'll have the best experience ever. DS2 is hands down the best pad for MK.
I play on ps3 and ps4 so would be more interested in one that worked on those consoles like the adapter mentioned on the front page of this topic. Does the one you linked me work on ps3 and ps4?

Braindead

I play on ps3 and ps4 so would be more interested in one that worked on those consoles like the adapter mentioned on the front page of this topic. Does the one you linked me work on ps3 and ps4?
The one I linked you only converts a ps2 pad to xbox360, so it doesn't work on PS3 or PS4.

The one mentioned in the front page of this topic makes a ps2 pad work on both PS3 and PS4.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
It only works on ps4 for games that utilized the lab zero driver (skullgirls, MKX, and Ultra SF4). You will still need a dual shock 4 for the initial handshake.

Zabru

Cool I will buy it. Thanks @Braindead and thanks @chemist4hire! I live in AUS so will probably have to pay a decent amount for postage and a while to wait but so worth it. I have an old DS2 that is fully function-able so will use that.