What's new

Possible Converter to use PS2 pads for MKX on PS4

Dahak

Noob
Im going to try this as in im looking for a cheap pad for my ps4 but comment about damaging the ps4 ports scare me a little.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
Promising to hear. So is this the exact same process and functionality (touchscreen, etc.) when using a PS3 pad? I'm trying to decide between trying this converter or the Brook converter C-Sword posted.

I've already got the PS3 pads, so that'd be convenient.

C-Sword

Noob
Promising to hear. So is this the exact same process and functionality (touchscreen, etc.) when using a PS3 pad? I'm trying to decide between trying this converter or the Brook converter C-Sword posted.

I've already got the PS3 pads, so that'd be convenient.
The Brook converter does not need a DualShock 4 and it works for every game. This one here needs a DS4 and only works with games with the Lab Zero Driver. Get a USB extension cable if you get the Brook converter.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
The Brook converter does not need a DualShock 4 and it works for every game. This one here needs a DS4 and only works with games with the Lab Zero Driver. Get a USB extension cable if you get the Brook converter.
Can you post the link again of the brook converter? I can't find it.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
@C-Sword are you talking about this?

I can't find a link to buy it anywhere.
The one he posted in his thread (in this forum) looks different. Looks almost like a flash drive with male and female ends.

@C-Sword

Cool, I meant to ask that, too. Working on all games is definitely a plus. I've got my USB extension and all that stuff from using my PS3/360 converter. That thing was $20. Only thing making me hesitate now is the $50 tag, but it sounds reliable.

C-Sword

Noob
No, my post was about the PS3 to PS4 adapter. I don't really need another PS2 to PS4 adapter, I still have the one Gummo made me. I've been playing MKX a lot with a DS2 though.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Good to hear! I was wondering, do you think it's Tournament Legal?
It should be. I do not see why not. I got no complaints from the people i played against. Combos where hit and such. I hit Jax OH punch Combos on Cassie. My opponents hit there cancels. The game ran fine. It is legit. I see no issue with it besides needing the ps4 controller. Which is not a big deal at all. It let me switch to player 2 without any issue at all. Only thing i do not like is how the buttons are mapped. So training mode looks wonky. But i got used to the new buttons so i can navigate through the menus with barely any trouble. I recommend it to people

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
It should be. I do not see why not. I got no complaints from the people i played against. Combos where hit and such. I hit Jax OH punch Combos on Cassie. My opponents hit there cancels. The game ran fine. It is legit. I see no issue with it besides needing the ps4 controller. Which is not a big deal at all. It let me switch to player 2 without any issue at all. Only thing i do not like is how the buttons are mapped. So training mode looks wonky. But i got used to the new buttons so i can navigate through the menus with barely any trouble. I recommend it to people
Same here...the only thing that might be an issue is the fact that it has a turbo button (which doesn't even work.).

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Same here...the only thing that might be an issue is the fact that it has a turbo button (which doesn't even work.).
Turbo button is no issue. People use sticks with turbo. It basically comes down to not using it. Which we can not even if we tried.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
@chemist4hire does this converter work with Ps3 controllers? i loved the Ps3 D-pad

P.S. you are a true genius for posting this on here regardless if it works for DS3's

SO maNY users have had, missed inPutS, R2 breaks, R1 jams, Joystick deterioration that it is common knowledge DS4 is hot garbage,
thanks for posting the solution kind sir!!!!!!

Last edited:

MadeFromMetal

@chemist4hire does this converter work with Ps3 controllers? i loved the Ps3 D-pad

P.S. you are a true genius for posting this on here regardless if it works for DS3's

SO maNY users have had, missed inPutS, R2 breaks, R1 jams, Joystick deterioration that it is common knowledge DS4 is hot garbage,
thanks for posting the solution kind sir!!!!!!
Yes it does. It works for PS1, PS2 & PS3

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Yes it does. It works for PS1, PS2 & PS3
awesome, ima get it, even though i have Hori Pad, i don't think you can do better than PS2/PS3 controllers? is there like a couple ms delay on this, not saying it will effect gameplay being that low, just asking?

MadeFromMetal

awesome, ima get it, even though i have Hori Pad, i don't think you can do better than PS2/PS3 controllers? is there like a couple ms delay on this, not saying it will effect gameplay being that low, just asking?
Not that I sensed...But I have no way of testing for sure.

Unrelated...your avatar...I just got to THAT part in the show. I stopped watching...