What's new

Possible Converter to use PS2 pads for MKX on PS4

zaf

professor
I usually contact him through PM on SRK. The converter uses the PCB of an actual XBox One controller, so there's no lag. He made me one for the ps4 too.
can you let me get that ps4 converter?

@chemist4hire
@anyone else

so when i ordered my mayflash, i ordered one for a friend.
double checked yesterday and the converter has still been figthing for profiles. So weird that it was working before but now it is no longer working.

Tried everything. Checked all the switches on the back and they are all off.
Been using the same instructions on this page, by plugging in 2nd but it just keeps fighting for profiles...

is it possible that some switches need to be set up ?

C-Sword

Noob
can you let me get that ps4 converter?

@chemist4hire
@anyone else

so when i ordered my mayflash, i ordered one for a friend.
double checked yesterday and the converter has still been figthing for profiles. So weird that it was working before but now it is no longer working.

Tried everything. Checked all the switches on the back and they are all off.
Been using the same instructions on this page, by plugging in 2nd but it just keeps fighting for profiles...

is it possible that some switches need to be set up ?
I can let you try it lol, I need it for GG Xrd. The good things about his converter are that I have access to the home menu and there's no profile issue, cause it's recognized as a Hori Fighting Commander 4.

zaf

professor
I can let you try it lol, I need it for GG Xrd. The good things about his converter are that I have access to the home menu and there's no profile issue, cause it's recognized as a Hori Fighting Commander 4.
anyway that i can maybe get it from you today so i can use it for ect this weekend?

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
Not sure if this will help or if this is even relevant at all but I figured out when the profile toggling happens. It only happens when you press up on the ps2 controller. You can run an entire match and if you never jump..you'll be just fine. But every time you press up, it switches profiles. Does that mean anything other than the converter is a bust?

MadeFromMetal

Holy shit I think I figured it out! If you flip the 4th switch (1st in the second group of three) on the back of the mayflash, you have no issues! It changes square to circle, x to square and circle to x but that's just a matter of button mapping. Oh my god...No issues so far! Will keep reporting back...

Edit: now pressing the home button on the converter toggles profiles...so you can have it set to 2nd player. This is awesome!

Edit 2: Played for an hour last night against my GF's kid cousin and then for a couple more with just the 2nd DS4 logged in with no problems whatsoever. I think this may be the solution.

Last edited:

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Holy shit I think I figured it out! If you flip the 4th switch (1st in the second group of three) on the back of the mayflash, you have no issues! It changes square to circle, x to square and circle to x but that's just a matter of button mapping. Oh my god...No issues so far! Will keep reporting back...

Edit: now pressing the home button on the converter toggles profiles...so you can have it set to 2nd player. This is awesome!
Thats good news.

MadeFromMetal

I wrote up this guide in case anyone stumbles across this thread later and needs it.

1. Buy this adapter. - $16.00

2. There are six switches on the back, when you get it, flip the 4th switch. (The 1st in the 2nd group of 3.) If you don't flip the switch, It will work fine, but you can't use it in local multiplayer. Every time you press "up", it will assign itself to the other profile.

3. Have the PS4 on and MKX already running.

4. Plug the PS2 pad into the adapter and the adapter into the PS4.

5. You'll get a message saying you can't use wireless PS3 controllers, ignore it. Shortly after, you'll get a pop up saying you've connected a legacy controller and it is assigned to your profile. Press X on the DS4.

6. Press "Analog" on the PS2 pad if it isn't already lit up.
You should now be able to use the directional buttons with no problem, but the action buttons will be switched. (Circle=X, Square=Circle, X=Square, Triangle is unchanged.)

7. Use the DS4 to navigate to your wireless presets and edit the new preset using your PS2 pad to put the correct buttons where they should be.

And you're done.

----

Tips:

1. Do not try to navigate the menus using the PS2 controller. You will make a mistake and accidentally log out of WBID, or back out of character select on accident. Just use the DS4 to make all decisions until you have selected your character and variation, then pick up the PS2 pad and play.

2. If you happen to be player 2, you can hit the Home button on the Adapter to switch profiles to yours.

3. Options is now Start and the Touchpad is Select, so you can still reset in Practice and toggle theater view in KOTH.

@zaf
@Pig Of The Hut
@WidowPuppy
@AK XEN0M0RPH
@buyacushun
@chemist4hire
@JRosa21
@sub_on_dubs
@Anyone Else

Just tagging people that were in this thread previously. If you know of anyone else interested please tag them as well.

If you test this yourself, please report back with your findings!

Last edited:

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
@RM Indecisive
@HoneyBee

You have a cheap ps2 converter solution for MKX on ps4 now. Read first post.

I can confirm by switching the 4th switch up, that this has resolved the issue with the converter changing profiles. It is working for me now.

@chemist4hire
Thank you for testing and confirming. I am kind of glad this worked out because the guilt of recommending something to others that didn't work out was eating at me.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Yes but with a recent patch, you can turn of the ds4 and keep the converter plugged in.
Damn so I have to buy the converter and a DS4 if I want to go to a tourney or play at a friend's house...

MadeFromMetal

Yes but with a recent patch, you can turn of the ds4 and keep the converter plugged in.
Damn so I have to buy the converter and a DS4 if I want to go to a tourney or play at a friend's house...
Actually, I just tested it, and Zaf, if you could test it as well, that would be great. If you are at your friends, have them load up the character select screen and plug the PS2 controller in. Then after the screen about legacy controllers goes away...hold down the home button on the DS4 and switch to another profile. Voila! You can now press X on the DS4 to pick a character for player 2. It will still associate the converted controller with the profile it was first assigned to.

MadeFromMetal

I don't have MKX for the ps4 I play on xbox one. I was just trying to find solutions for other players.
Could you possibly try this and see if it works for xbox one? Idk if you have a ps2 controller lying around, but the converter is supposed to work for 360 so maybe it'll work for the XB1...

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Could you possibly try this and see if it works for xbox one? Idk if you have a ps2 controller lying around, but the converter is supposed to work for 360 so maybe it'll work for the XB1...
I should be getting it soon. And i am going to Armas. So if it is not tested i will test it on Friday for you.

C-Sword

Noob
Highly unlikely, the converter is working on the PS4 because of the Lab Zero Driver. Xbox One does not have that, it also doesn't support 360 controllers. Get the X-Arcade adapter for PS2 to Xbox One.