What's new

General/Other Possible buffs to help the pretty princess with rushdown

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Dude...kit is one of the few characters who can hang with the entire cast. She doesn't need to counterpick anyone and only has a few bad MUs. She's top 10 with what she has right now. She needs no buffs.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
I think Kitana is great the way she is. No buffs or nerfs needed. She'sa great character and is a lot of fun to play without being op.

She's also not a skanky whore, so much props to Miss Kitana for staying clean in a game full of dirt.

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
Sonya is not anywhere close to braindead wtf. She's the 3rd hardest char to use in the game and she's entirely based on mixups... if you're an idiot you can't mix up properly and wouldn't know when/how to mix up. Brain dead is spamming F3 or flow charting Kenshi.

And kitana only needs one buff.. a FUCKING WAKE UP ATTACK. this can be done with changes to either ex pretty kicks or ex cutter. or change regular pretty kicks somehow. IT'd also be nice if fake out kick had a fucking ex version.. why the hell does it not?

I don't care what ex fake out kick would do, but it should be there. It's fucking lazy that its not there.

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
shes needs ludicrous buffS because CD decided to pick up an alt? c'mon dude :rolleyes:
I was referring to buffs I suggested in my first post here. None of those are ludicrous and even with those buffs she still very likely wouldn't be in the same league as Kabal, Sonya, Kenshi, ... I already said in my previous post that the buffs in the OP are too much.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
I was referring to buffs I suggested in my first post here. None of those are ludicrous and even with those buffs she still very likely wouldn't be in the same league as Kabal, Sonya, Kenshi, ... I already said in my previous post that the buffs in the OP are too much.
so u think giving kitana a 2nd armor move and giving her +frames on block isnt crazy? ok sure

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
Sonya is not anywhere close to braindead wtf. She's the 3rd hardest char to use in the game and she's entirely based on mixups... if you're an idiot you can't mix up properly and wouldn't know when/how to mix up. Brain dead is spamming F3 or flow charting Kenshi.

And kitana only needs one buff.. a FUCKING WAKE UP ATTACK. this can be done with changes to either ex pretty kicks or ex cutter. or change regular pretty kicks somehow. IT'd also be nice if fake out kick had a fucking ex version.. why the hell does it not?

I don't care what ex fake out kick would do, but it should be there. It's fucking lazy that its not there.
The fact she can't get off the floor is a problem, but it is what it is; a character can't have everything.

Death

Noob
If I had to give Kitana something I guess it could be a buff in her armored ex square boost. Give that move armor on startup to the finish.

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
yeah imo the only thing wrong with her is that her fakeout kick doesnt have metered version, which is really weird. That would be the buff to give and it would have to be armored cuz that move is really easy to hit her out of already.

Buffing Kitana :eek:

Kitana is probably one of the most balanced characters out there.

Strong rushdown, but without crazy mixups or +on block
Strong footsie character

Can zone very well, but can be ducked
D+1 is great, but also very punishable

Wakeup game sucks, but can be devastating if not ducked or blocked.

She is fine the way she is, not overpowered or weak

I Love the princess <3

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
If I had to give Kitana something I guess it could be a buff in her armored ex square boost. Give that move armor on startup to the finish.
This is what we call a reasonable buff. Not making a normal/starter suddenly the best move in her already-good arsenal. Just something that seems like it SHOULD be there but isn't.

By the way, pretty kick is fine, you guys just don't know when to use it.