What's new

General/Other Possible buffs to help the pretty princess with rushdown

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
Tbh I used to think the wakeups were a problem but she has SB to escape pressure, with EX being even safer (eg in the coner).

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Yeah, good luck recovering on whiff.
Why would it whiff? I'm talking about when they back up to about jumping distance and use a forceball, which is almost every reptile's strategy when you're otg. Ex pretty kick goes through that and hits them.

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
And kitana only needs one buff.. a FUCKING WAKE UP ATTACK. this can be done with changes to either ex pretty kicks or ex cutter. or change regular pretty kicks somehow. IT'd also be nice if fake out kick had a fucking ex version.. why the hell does it not?
how so? As far as I know, just by getting up gives you 11 frames of invincibility right at the start. Just because it doesn't say "wake up attack" it doesn't mean it isn't one. I'll be back later with the quote.

I think Kitana fine. Right now she is a good character but not OP. If we make her OP everybody will be bitching even more than they already do.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Pretty Kick is a gamble wake up attack move, it only helps if your opponent tries to cross over after they scored a knockdown. Kitana's Pretty Kick will switch sides. If they duck her Pretty Kick, there goes a free 12% uppercut. Useless move.

The ONLY buff Kitana could use is armor on Ex Pretty Kick, possibly making it an overhead. Then Pretty Kick should hit mid which sounds fair because it's not a combo launcher. However, I would rather have other characters buffed BEFORE Kitana who need help like Sindel (4~special, armored Ex Cartwheel broken promise), Jade (Up3 nerf should be restored, pathetic damage output), Kano (weak zoning, risky specials, slow normals, lives only for his X-Ray), Noob Saibot (low damage) etc.

Kitana is fine the way she is right now though her wake up attack game is real bad. She has huge range, 2,1 and F2,1 combo starters, Cutter hits that gives her a free jump in, high damage output, D1 big range poke, 40% combo from a Jump Kick~Fan Toss (WTH!) the ability to escape easy with Square Wave, IAF to protect herself with the life lead. Kitana players should not downplay her as much, lack of wake up is a good excuse but no complaints in her other areas but other weak characters should have priority.

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
so u think giving kitana a 2nd armor move and giving her +frames on block isnt crazy? ok sure
No, it isn't crazy. As others have already stated she doesn't have armor on the way up when she does the enh. SB and thus the move is useless as a wake-up and to counter pressure. Enh. pretty kick does less than 15% damage, is -11 on block and hardly leads to anything on hit, so it having armor is not ridiculous. As for her fake out kick, as I said, it's interruptible so the opponent has a chance to deny her to get those plus frames on block.

Otherwise, like I said in my first post, I'd buff other characters too.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
No, it isn't crazy. As others have already stated she doesn't have armor on the way up when she does the enh. SB and thus the move is useless as a wake-up and to counter pressure. Enh. pretty kick does less than 15% damage, is -11 on block and leads to nothing when it hits, so it having armor is not ridiculous. As for her fake out kick, as I said, it's interruptible so the opponent has a chance to deny her to get those plus frames on block.

Otherwise, like I said in my first post, I'd buff other characters too.
so your argument is, this armor is crud so i want to give armor to another move instead of asking to buff the armored frames on ex ass so i can have a 15% armored move and give my char(who is already a top 5 char)a more solid wakeup game because of it. so u want her to have armored ex ass for instant air ass for if you dont want to thrown a fan and a armored move for when there in to close to throw fans, that is ridiculous my friend, you want too much for a char that in no way needs it

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Pretty Kick is a gamble wake up attack move, it only helps if your opponent tries to cross over after they scored a knockdown. Kitana's Pretty Kick will switch sides. If they duck her Pretty Kick, there goes a free 12% uppercut. Useless move.
Am I seriously the only person who realizes ex pretty kick goes through almost all anti-kit wakeup setups (rep's forceball, scorpion's spear, sub's clone unless he puts it further out than usual). Also, the last hit of ex pretty kick will hit crouching on high hitbox characters. But apparently everyone thinks I'm incapable of finding something useful, so alright.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
Also, the last hit of ex pretty kick will hit crouching on high hitbox characters.
EX Pretty Kick catches me very off-guard because I never actually expect a Kitana user to use it, so I may D4, only to be kicked in the face after my D4 whiffs.

Basically, like I said, she DOESN'T need buffs(especially not as much as the likes of say Jade, Kano, and some other characters that aren't used often anymore now adays). If I want anything, it's for her PK to be an overhead and have armor, that's it. But other than that, she will still be competitive, if not a threat to win tournaments staying the same.

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
so your argument is, this armor is crud so i want to give armor to another move instead of asking to buff the armored frames on ex ass so i can have a 15% armored move and give my char(who is already a top 5 char)a more solid wakeup game because of it. so u want her to have armored ex ass for instant air ass for if you dont want to thrown a fan and a armored move for when there in to close to throw fans, that is ridiculous my friend, you want too much for a char that in no way needs it
You think she's Top 5, I don't.

More solid wake-up game? Her wake-up game is far from solid as it is now.

Jax, Kanshi, Sonya etc have multiple armored moves... Just for example: Johnny Cage has an armored shadow kick that is comparable to Kitana's enh. square boost, but he also has enhanced nut-punch with invincible start-up that automatically sets-up his pressure game. What would be Kitana's equivalent to his enhanced nut-punch? The buffed enhanced pretty kick I suggested would be good, but still not nearly as game changing as Cage's enh. nut-punch. Still think it's ridiculous?

Again, I said I'd buff other characters too, not just Kitana.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
You think she's Top 5, I don't.

More solid wake-up game? Her wake-up game is far from solid as it is now.

Jax, Kanshi, Sonya etc have multiple armored moves... Just for example: Johnny Cage has an armored shadow kick that is comparable to Kitana's enh. square boost, but he also has enhanced nut-punch with invincible start-up that automatically sets-up his pressure game. What would be Kitana's equivalent to his enhanced nut-punch? The buffed enhanced pretty kick I suggested would be good, but still not nearly as game changing as Cage's enh. nut-punch. Still think it's ridiculous?

Again, I said I'd buff other characters too, not just Kitana.
i dont think im the only one who thinks kitana's top 5, ALOT of people do, not saying your wrong though

i meant "more solid" as in solid,im aware her wakeup game is not the best

now if your going to argue well kenshi,sonya and cage have this but my char doesnt we're be here all day.
whats anyones equivalent to ex nut punch?!? its one of the best moves in the game man.
and yes i still think its ridiculous

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Kenshi, Cage, and Kabal are also extremely high on the BD list. No doubt about that.
Ridiculous statement. And slanderous to those players and their actual skill and decision making. And isn't this the forum for the character that killed nearly everyone for a while with "brain dead" air fan zoning? Everyone might as well call her brain dead too, until they develop a good way to fight her, and she has to actually fight outside her comfort zone. These characters you list are no different.

Everyone has cheap stuff at their disposal, but try being braindead with Cage and fighting Sub Zero. Try being braindead with Kenshi and fighting Kabal. Try being braindead with Kabal and fighting Jax and a good Sektor.

Khaotic_xShangx

Fear the Skulls
i like how people complain about her wake up game being crap. Shang has no wake ups and ex SS can be jumped and now you are out of a bar of meter and get comboed. So im stuck with tech rolling all day. Must be nice kitana and everyone else to have a couple of options.

Kitana doesn't need any buffs. Really.

If you were going to give her something, then make an EX version of Fake Out Kick - I just don't like it that there's a special move with no EX version. All they'd have to do is add some armor and make it do about 4% more damage.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
2 things we can agree on:
kitana being buffed would be retarded as she is already verrryyy good

sonya is a broken pos character lol i hat her and am biased but she is broken