What's new

General/Other Possible buffs to help the pretty princess with rushdown

Kitana over the last year has had some rock steady tools for keeping opponents off-balance from a distance and at midscreen. And although she is no slouch as a rushdown character and we've found things in her game to not really quell about buffs and nerfs, it's undeniable that when she's played for rushdown and pressure games that certain tools could use a makeover. Such as,

F3 being an overhead and having 10 frames of start up- Kitana lacks a command overhead as well as many tools that can truly mix it up with her opponents close up. I would have thought about making here F2 and overhead but I'm pretty sure we can all see what that would lead to :) plus this kind of a change would give this move a good use.

B3 being a low starter- this move is quick and leads to solid damage. A low starter would help her mix-up game by considerable means when we want to mix it up.

The third hit of 2,1,2 being an overhead- this has been something that we(or I at least) have been asking for for some time because it's one of those overheads that cannot be followed up and can keep an opponent guessing instead of always thinking that they can block everything crouching.

S3 having 6 frames of startup- this move is a good anti-air, as well as a good move to use in frame traps and counterhit setups(like the ones I use). It would be nice sometimes to have this move be just a little quicker at times for anti-airing purposes but take this wishlist change as you will.

Specials:

Pretty kick: (this move needs a major overhaul)
- 9 frames of startup ( it now has 18 frames of startup )
- Needs to be blocked high , as in it needs to be an overhead ( it can skim right over a crouching opponent even though her knees and legs are at their head (WTF?!))
- Enhanced version needs to have armor (This would make this move a viable meaty, get off of me, and wake up attack)
- Make the move the same on block as the enhanced version (-11) (it's currently a -4) (Come on lol, you have to be fair)

The changes to this move are fairly reasonable because of the fact that the PK would have to be respected in the sense that the opponent now would have to guess on whether to block high(respecting the pk) or block low (and respect the cutter) overall, this gives her some good options up close. Plus the recovery makes the move punishable so that ppl cannot complain

Overall, these changes wouldn't by any means overpower her, however, they would help eliminate some of the gaps that make her being played as a rushdown machine a little more bearable to deal with. That said, keep in mind that this is my wishful thinking of things that could improve her game that could only help in the broad spectrum of things. Feedback is always welcomed and don't be shy to show what you would change (if anything). Like I said, unless she gets changed for the better like so in the suggestions outlined above, then she's good as is... What do you cats think?

Ya'll's feedback is appreciated. However, before you post, please read the whole post and not show that you have a low IQ on a public forum. I said up above in the final paragraph that "That said, keep in mind that this is my wishful thinking..."

Death

Noob
Ya'll's feedback is appreciated. However, before you post, please read the whole post and not show that you have a low IQ on a public forum. I said up above in the final paragraph that "That said, keep in mind that this is my wishful thinking..."
I just wanted to have an excuse to post the vid. But in all seriousness. These buffs you demand are for the wrong sister.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Just so you know, I didn't mean any offense by my post. Had to troll a bit, LOL.

lmao@ Blake, dude it's all good. I like a little trolling now adays. Claude VonStroke, I have and trust me I use it in my style, however even HE is limited in certain things that he can do. We always get by on good footsies and good fundamentals.

I just wanted to have an excuse to post the vid. But in all seriousness. These buffs you demand are for the wrong sister.
Not really. Mileena has a command overhead, a better projectile, a command low, as well as specials that can hit overhead and low homie. Kitana doesn't :p

Death

Noob
Not really. Mileena has a command overhead, a better projectile, a command low, as well as specials that can hit overhead and low homie. Kitana doesn't :p
wow. Stop playing online Mileenas!!

Her overhead is 27 frames. Get blown up when this is done on a block string. Low? her shitty B3 that cant be hit confirmed or worse B3 ex ball when you lose a bar and get blown up. I cant do anything safe with this character. MIleena IAS is ass compared to Kitanas iAF. Mileena cant AA with any of her slow normals and her D1 is -7 on hit! Kitana 21 range is as far as Mileenas D+4 and you can hitconfirm it for 50%. Get outta here even trying to compare these 2 characters. Kitana is real good. She needs no buffs. Her sister needs it. If your having problem vs Mileena than stop jumping.

wow. Stop playing online Mileenas!!

Her overhead is 27 frames. Get blown up when this is done on a block string. Low? her shitty B3 that cant be hit confirmed or worse B3 ex ball when you lose a bar and get blown up. I cant do anything safe with this character. MIleena IAS is ass compared to Kitanas iAF. Mileena cant AA with any of her slow normals and her D1 is -7 on hit! Kitana 21 range is as far as Mileenas D+4 and you can hitconfirm it for 50%. Get outta here even trying to compare these 2 characters. Kitana is real good. She needs no buffs. Her sister needs it. If your having problem vs Mileena than stop jumping.
I have no problems with mileena on or offline, but she needs nothing and neither does kitana( in some senses). Like I said, this was wishful thinking for if she were to be used for nothing for rushdown(which is a more fun way to play with out relying on the same tricks sometimes). Anyway, why are you sticking up for a character that you ditched for the most braindead character on the roster? You want to talk down on kitana getting things to help her out and yet you main sonya now instead of sticking it out with Mileena? As Keyshawn Johnson would say, "C'mon Man!" :p

BTW: that's no disrespect to sonya players

Death

Noob
I have no problems with mileena on or offline, but she needs nothing and neither does kitana( in some senses). Like I said, this was wishful thinking for if she were to be used for nothing for rushdown(which is a more fun way to play with out relying on the same tricks sometimes). Anyway, why are you sticking up for a character that you ditched for the most braindead character on the roster? You want to talk down on kitana getting things to help her out and yet you main sonya now instead of sticking it out with Mileena? As Keyshawn Johnson would say, "C'mon Man!" :p

Dude Sonya is fucked up and broken ill give you that.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter

Sonya is the most brain dead character? Man Kabal, Kenshi, and Cage really want to fight this one I think.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Dude is this like a real list. None of these are even close to reasonable. Any one of these would be ridiculous. All of the sudden a starter becomes an overhead and her fastest standing normal? Seriously I can't tell if you're trolling or not.

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
I love Kitty, but man you're asking too much.

I would give some buffs to her (and other characters too) though. I'd be happy if her normal pretty kicks hit mid (not overhead) and if the enhanced pretty kicks hit mid (also not overhead) and had armor. This would help her wake-up game as at the moment her wake-up game is pure shiet and it would make enh. PK useful. Last thing, I would make her fake out kick plus on block (constantly). It's a slow, interruptible move without the enhanced version, so it's fine imo. This would help her rushdown too. That's it.

Messing with her normals is way too dangerous. She already has 50% combos, if you speed up her normals god knows where the damage limit would end up. She doesn't have the fastest normals in the game, but their range compensates for it.

Long live the princess! :)

Revolver, I don't know where the hell you see me saying that her fastest standing normal being an overhead... and Overall @ everyone else, Please FKN read the whole damn thread before you post saying that I said she NEEDS the suggested changes above! Use your heads for something besides just playing MK!! YOU HAVE TO READ!!! I know that if she had all of this at once, then she'd be kind of retarded...She's good as is, but if there were to be any one (or 2 at the very most) changes made to her for the better, chances are that it would come from this. But nix the S3 change because her d1 is 6 frames and it would be kind of messed up for her to have 2 6 frame normals in her arsenal... I would probably just take the PK changes outlined above if anything because it would be nice for her have a special that cant always be ducked...