What's new

General/Other Possible buffs to help the pretty princess with rushdown

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
ex pretty kick goes through almost all anti-kit wakeup setups (rep's forceball, scorpion's spear, sub's clone unless he puts it further out than usual). Also, the last hit of ex pretty kick will hit crouching on high hitbox characters.
You can basically just duck/poke all of Kitana's wake up options, even if Ex Pretty Legs is used as a wake up the first two kicks are high (which you can uppercut on reaction) even before the third kick hits ducked opponents that's up close. Now if your opponent is past the sweep range Kitana's Ex Pretty Legs will whiff which puts her airborne if she missed that leaves her open to ex Scorpion's Spear, Cage B3/standing 1 AA juggle her. I only find Pretty Kick/Ex Pretty Legs useful if your opponent crosses over you because she gets to switch sides with some invincibility. JimmyPotato is the only Kitana player that I've played that ever uses Pretty Kick so I guess it can be used as a gimmick to catch your opponent off guard because they forget the move exists as opposed to Cutter or Square Wave which are more commonly used aside from her Fans.

I would only use Pretty Kick in combos or D1~Pretty Kick punish Mileena's Ex Teleport Kick (1% more than Cutter) 10%

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
RTM2004 you assume for some reason i don't know what i'm talking about. ask temjin or rapzilla about my use of them. it has a legitimate use.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Pretty Kicks should be unblockable. That would help her with her rushdown. Armor on cutter would help too.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
This thread should be closed.

Kitana is the last character that needs buffs.

What the hell is S3 anyways?

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
She's the 3rd hardest char to use in the game and she's entirely based on mixups... if you're an idiot you can't mix up properly and wouldn't know when/how to mix up. Brain dead is spamming F3 or flow charting Kenshi.
Rofl. Are you serious? I don't even play Sonya regularly but it took me an hour at most to bridge her "execution barrier". Oh shit, I've gotta link her pressure or D4 into DB2~F1/B4/Throw 1+2. HOW DO YOU GUYS DO IT?! I love people who actually find her bnb difficult, that's the best. I honestly find it more of a pain in the ass to hit Cage's dash F3 nut punch off a midscreen 21F2 than Sonya's "strict execution". The only problem I have with Sonya is getting into her bnb off a divekick, I keep fucking that up for whatever odd reason, but no...she is not hard to play at all. About as difficult as Cage to be totally honest. If anything, I think EX Kartwheel is truly the most brainless move in the entire game. -3 on block (OOOOH! You can poke me!) MY PRESSURE! NOOOO!

And yes, unless someone actually deals with Sonya's DB2~F1 (which a lot of people do not and just block it low) it's +1 on block. Reminds me of a certain "brainless" fellow. Oh wait, they're both relatively brainless. You know what? This game is brainless. Quan Chi, Johnny Cage, Reptile, Sonya...all these characters I play pretty regularly and I do not expel a whole lot of thought into any of them; why would I need to?

You guys need to play 3rd Strike or KoF. Some game that isn't ridden with lazy ass shortcuts and actually requires execution.

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
I would play those games if their art style wasn't lame as Fuck. Who is harder to use than Sonya besides kabal and skarlet? Also, you don't need to be a douche bag to make a point. You also don't have to type like a moron to imply sarcasm. Are you 12?

Man saying cage is as hard to use as Sonya is so dumb that people would probably find that Sig worthy. Terrible post.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I would play those games if their art style wasn't lame as Fuck. Who is harder to use than Sonya besides kabal and skarlet? Also, you don't need to be a douche bag to make a point. You also don't have to type like a moron to imply sarcasm. Are you 12?

Man saying cage is as hard to use as Sonya is so dumb that people would probably find that Sig worthy. Terrible post.
Rain is harder(combos have much stricter timing) Sektor is harder(relies a lot on hit confirms and AA 1 into combos) Freddy is harder(try to do his BnBs lol) Cyber Sub is harder, Ermac is harder(Jk tp into jk tp, slow strings, iaAB). The list goes on, sonya is not very hard execution wise. Fundamentally she requires a good amount of matchup knowledge since most people play her a lot nowadays.

Espio

Kokomo
The bottom line is Kitana doesn't need anything..the character is solid, she has weaknesses that make her balanced. Her rushdown and zoning aren't terrible, I love her rushdown it's very effective currently, just not the best. She has one of the best damage outputs in the game 50+% combos off of one bar? Yes she sounds like she needs buffs.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Rofl. Are you serious? I don't even play Sonya regularly but it took me an hour at most to bridge her "execution barrier". Oh shit, I've gotta link her pressure or D4 into DB2~F1/B4/Throw 1+2. HOW DO YOU GUYS DO IT?! I love people who actually find her bnb difficult, that's the best. I honestly find it more of a pain in the ass to hit Cage's dash F3 nut punch off a midscreen 21F2 than Sonya's "strict execution". The only problem I have with Sonya is getting into her bnb off a divekick, I keep fucking that up for whatever odd reason, but no...she is not hard to play at all. About as difficult as Cage to be totally honest. If anything, I think EX Kartwheel is truly the most brainless move in the entire game. -3 on block (OOOOH! You can poke me!) MY PRESSURE! NOOOO!

And yes, unless someone actually deals with Sonya's DB2~F1 (which a lot of people do not and just block it low) it's +1 on block. Reminds me of a certain "brainless" fellow. Oh wait, they're both relatively brainless. You know what? This game is brainless. Quan Chi, Johnny Cage, Reptile, Sonya...all these characters I play pretty regularly and I do not expel a whole lot of thought into any of them; why would I need to?
Sonya is easy to play, not the OMG she's execution heavy. IMO, anyone can pick her up and do well with her being average at best. The only tough things to execute with Sonya are from an instant air Dive Kick 2,1 combo starter, B21F2 njp Kiss combo starter and occasional when you try to end combos with 112MS from air to airs.........everything else is easy. Cage is flat out easy to use, F3, F3,3, F3,3,B3 game revolves entirely on that lock down, standing 1 and D1 AA jump out attempts and B3 on cross up attempts lock them down again with Nut Punch. Not heavy execution characters at all.

Heavy execution characters Kabal, Skarlet, Rain and Sektor played properly.

Regular Fan lift needs to lift you from bottom up so that you can't simply duck it.
Ex fan lift should be unblockable

cutter needs to be an overhead
Ex Cutter on hit should allow all normals to OTG

Her regular fan needs to hit medium like in MKDC
Her ex fan cancel should be +21 on block

Her ass should be +10 on block
Ex Ass should have mega super duper armor

B+3 a low
F+3 a mid
Make standing 1, 2, 3, and 4 6 frames each

Make her d+1 perhaps a 3 frame move whilst granting +3 on hit, and only -5 on block

Give her a teleport plz like the one in mkdc but faster and better, and like let her do 4, for a teleport into overhead, a 3 for into teleport into a low starter

And like give her a d+4 like mileena, and a d+3 like jade
and a 6 frame uppercut too

ummm but yeah guys she needs all of this stuff
so guys pls