What's new

POLL: What Buffalo did... Was it wrong?

Was Buffalo inappropriate for his pop off?

• Yes

Votes: 282 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 138 32.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

coolwhip

Noob
He made more than 1 comment. He also talked about it in a twitch chat, not just twitter. That’s atleast 2 different places he said something about it. I understand k brad and wolfkrane talked smack, and wolfkrane poped off earlier that year. Buffalo felt disrespected, won and poped off. This happens all the time in the FGC. You act like there was no beef and buffalo just did this for no reason.

Both are pretty much the same situation. Someone talked shit, someone lost, someone pop off
Let's say you're driving your car, and some idiot is driving his and he tries to cut you off. You yell out of the window that he can't drive and shouldn't be behind the wheel. Then, 30 minutes later, you see the same guy parking his car next to yours (coincidence), he gets out of the car and starts yelling in your face exactly like Buffalo did. Is that OK to you? And please please please spare me the differences between the analogy and what happened. Point is, it is not acceptable basic human behaviour to get in someone's face, inches away and yell this aggressively, for that long, all the while cussing you out and flipping you off. Sorry, but no.

portent

Noob
That’d definitely be in character for Filipino Champ but this was a bit more sinister than 16 Bit or Madzin’s popoffs. It didn’t look like a celebration, it looked personal. He wasn’t turning to the crowd or the room and he was all up in Scar’s eyebrows.

Imo the concept of this is hype but the execution left something to be desired. Just looked angry more-so than a triumphant pop-off.
I tend to agree, especially given Buffalo's age.

Unfortunately, someone who doesn't carry him/herself as professionally as Scar does, Buffalo may wind up getting someone arrested for assaulting a minor. I'm glad that Scar is as professional as he is and hopefully he realized that hitting Buffalo would be assault on a minor.

That said, hopefully someone can take Buffalo aside and give him positive feedback about his win and his popoff, but show him that he can be just as hype without being so confrontational.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Wouldn't you take it personal if a pro player told you off that you only won because of FT2?
No.

Because this is a fucking video game. There's no need to act all hard and badass and get up in someone's face the way Buffalo did. It made me cringe. Props to Scar for being classy about it and handling it well. What he said wasn't all that bad and absolutely didn't warrant that sort of absurd reaction.

Dude is out here looking like a school shooter in training.

OwtQue

PSN: iiPuREWreQMoDe
People have to stop saying "it's over a video game, of course it wasn't going to be a fight".

It moved from video game to personal once Buffalo continued to keep yelling in his face. He pushed it into a space that could've led to something more physical.

It's like if someone was cracking a joke on you. At first it's funny, but if they keep it going for way too long, it's not funny anymore and you run the risk of making people upset. Same sort of scenario here.

Props to scar for keeping his cool

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
He started screaming "FUCK YOU" in Scars face before Scar ever put his middle fingers up. If you don't like Scar just say instead of trying to excuse Buffalo's lunacy.
I saw it. 2 wrongs don't make a right and middle fingers certainly don't make anybody "classy". That's all im saying.

What would have been classy was look at the TO's and be like, "Excuse me, can you get this dude out of my face please? Thanks."

OR

JUST DON'T TALK SHIT PERIOD AND THIS WOULD HAVE NEVER HAPPENED!

Those routes would be have been much classier. :)

In conclusion....STOP SAYING THAT LITTLE MAN IS CLASSY! Y'all are using the wrong word. Carry on.

NeonGroovyGator

Vampire mommy simp
Wow, I for one GLADLY welcome the "eSports BS" in the NRS scene if it means people will be more encouraged to act like adult human beings.
If I want to see low budget drama there are plenty of cheap reality shows out there.

Owerbart

I miss you
i mean didn't scar talk shit about buffallo in twitter before the match? That's what the dudes in the stream said, if that's true then scar deserved to get popped at, and kudos he took it like a man. If this is true then buffallo's pop off is kinda based and nice

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
i mean didn't scar talk shit about buffallo in twitter before the match? That's what the dudes in the stream said, if that's true then scar deserved to get popped at, and kudos he took it like a man. If this is true then buffallo's pop off is kinda based and nice
The issue isn't really with him popping off at Scar, pretty much everyone in here (myself included) is saying that Buffalo earned the right to do that. When it escalates to the point where you almost seem to be daring the guy to do something about it, that's where the issue lies.

If you're in your opponent's face and saying things like "let’s go, boy," then you're not just trash-talking your beaten opponent, you're literally trying to escalate things.

sars

Noob
The issue isn't really with him popping off at Scar, pretty much everyone in here (myself included) is saying that Buffalo earned the right to do that. When it escalates to the point where you almost seem to be daring the guy to do something about it, that's where the issue lies.

If you're in your opponent's face and saying things like "let’s go, boy," then you're not just trash-talking your beaten opponent, you're literally trying to escalate things.
You don’t know how buffalo was emotion wise. He felt disrespected and even said he went a little bit to far. He also apologized. They put there heart and soul in these things and when you finally beat one of the best you get shit on. Then you prove yourself again. None of us know what it was like to be in his shoes. The pop off was still epic, and a rivalry was created. Don’t see nothing wrong with this. Scar also knew he fucked up, that’s probably why he took it so well. I really think people are being to hard on buffalo cause they like scar so much. I like scar a lot, but when you talk shit in esports and lose, you deserve the popoff, even if it went a little bit to far.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Him popping off on beating an opponent talking shit is fine, but I'm not a fan of the way he popped off. He kept that shit going for longer than necessary imo. Scar kept his composure for most of it, honestly having someone yelling in your face for that long, its hard not to fire back.

Personally I think if you're gonna pop off you gotta make it entertaining. You can take the W, pop off and salt your opponent, but make it fun for me.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Him popping off on beating an opponent talking shit is fine, but I'm not a fan of the way he popped off. He kept that shit going for longer than necessary imo. Scar kept his composure for most of it, honestly having someone yelling in your face for that long, its hard not to fire back.

Personally I think if you're gonna pop off you gotta make it entertaining. You can take the W, pop off and salt your opponent, but make it fun for me.
You're telling me that shit wasn't entertaining? :DOGE

xKMMx

Banned
Popping off after winning a set (especially a heated one) is totally cool. Do your thing, have your moment, enjoy it. Getting in your opponent's face and screaming like a madman for a minute straight is crossing a line. I don't care that these two had some twitter beef. He was so far in Scar's personal space I wouldn't be surprised if there was spit or Buffalo's hair which was flying everywhere making contact with Scar's face. That's disgusting. If you're so close I can smell your breath there's a problem.

Big D at combo breaker is what a slightly over the top but hype (and not disrespectful or childish) pop off looks like. I don't think I would've batted an eye if Scar had clocked him for that. He handled himself really well there considering.
I agree. The more I think about it Buffalo looks like a jerkoff and was really risking a punch in the face for being that far in his face for that long. I give Scar props for not getting physical cause I personally don't know if I could have held back from dropping him.

Esruck Cype

...or just call me E.C.
It's a fucking video game
No, we've already crossed into the realm of "eSports", which dedicated people have been trying to get on a level similar to "regular sports" for years. And do you know what happens in "regular sports"? Shit-talking, arguments, and fights. And do you know what "regular sports" are? Playground kids' games. Games that highly competitively adults decided to take seriously and start playing for money, fame, and glory.

The "it's a fucking video game" and "cuz eSports" arguments can't be made at the same time, because drama like this happens in virtually any competitive kids' game/sport. Fans are just as divided in those areas, with some liking the passion/disrespect/drama and others thinking some lines shouldn't be crossed.

But this pearl-clutching reaction when it happens at all is odd, particularly from a game genre that was born out of live-and-in-person competition in urban arcades. This is COMPETITION, not some non-competitive "if I'm on the subway and someone starts yelling in your face" scenario that keeps trying to be brought up as some weirdly out-of-place analogy. Highly competitive people want to win and want respect from fellow competitors for doing so. I, for one, have gotten into several heated arguments with rivals in more than one arcade over more than one game over more than one decade. I've seen arguments break out over Risk games. And I've yet to play a game of Spades that didn't end with yelling. And that's not counting playground basketball pick-up games with shoving matches interspersed throughout.

That's why cats are calling other cats soft, finding examples from both within eSports and outside. Yeah, in a perfect world, competition would always stay in the games. But they don't always do. Get over it.