What's new

POLL: What Buffalo did... Was it wrong?

Was Buffalo inappropriate for his pop off?

• Yes

Votes: 282 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 138 32.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xKMMx

Banned
It was overboard. Popping off when you had a legit beef with someone cause they said some shit about you not being good enough is totally justified after you beat them. But he took it too far and Scar had a right to defend go back at him. But just straight flipping someone off is kind of a weak comeback. Scar would have looked like the man if he just walked away and let Buffalo look like a fool for keeping that shit going too long.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Yes. This is Mortal Kombat, not UFC or some shit. No need getting that heated and in someone's face like that, and I don't give a fuck what anyone says. That is completely unnecessary.

Scar was shit talking, yes, but from what I've seen it doesn't really warrant getting in his face like that, flipping him off, yelling for that long, all while being very mad and heated.

It would be different if it was just a quick "Ha! In your face, bitch!" moment, but it really wasn't. This was very serious and quite frankly it was over dramatic.

(PS. I'm not saying that Scar didn't deserve a pop off, I'm just saying not like this)

jcbowie

...more deadly than the dawn.
This scene wasn't nearly as long as vintage 16 bit pop offs, why is everyone acting like Buffalo was up there yelling for an hour. This shit was literally less than 30 seconds, I dunno where y'all are getting "it went on for too long, took it too far meh."

Gamer68

Fujin!
This scene wasn't nearly as long as vintage 16 bit pop offs, why is everyone acting like Buffalo was up there yelling for an hour. This shit was literally less than 30 seconds, I dunno where y'all are getting "it went on for too long, took it too far meh."
Just because someone has done it longer before, doesn't mean it okay to do it again now.

And did 16 Bit ever get in someone's face that heated before? This is a genuine question.

jcbowie

...more deadly than the dawn.
Just because someone has done it longer before, doesn't mean it okay to do it again now.

And did 16 Bit ever get in someone's face that heated before? This is a genuine question.
I'm not gonna give the guy a hard time for popping off for a few seconds after blowing up someone who trash talked him, wasn't wrong when 16 bit popped off with NO beef and it certainly isn't wrong now.

16 bit didn't get in anyone's face, just kinda bellowed about Catwoman/Kitana matchups for a minute before leaving. Other players in other games do get in people's faces tho, just look at the SFV or MVC2 pop offs that people already posted earlier in the thread.

The only real clowns here are the ones acting like Buffalo did something real. He didn't touch Scar, didn't spit on Scar like people are saying for some reason, they were sitting next to eachother during the set so he just stood up from his chair and was in his face. What, was he supposed to whip out a yard stick after the set to make sure he was far enough away to get hype? Dunno why we're getting so delicate about this one particular scene.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Spill the tea for the Scar/Raptor stuff. First time i'm hearing about it.

All i'll say is lmao at people claiming they'd fight someone over this.

I know he didn't specifically name Scar in the tweet, but it was widely believe at the time that he was the cause of the tweet. I think it was in one of those KiT tournaments where Scar was questioning his quietness or making fun of it in casuals.

you're all complaining about buffalo acting like a kid when he is in fact a kid. y'all act like buffalo was gonna fight him right there. anyone that says they would have swung on buffalo just for talking that shit need to check themselves because y'all are the real immature ones

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I literally cringed watching that video. Popping off is one thing, but staying in someones face for that long spitting and screaming and almost putting hands on them is another.

Honeybee should of been banned from a couple of tournaments, but his friends made sure to do a good job of keeping that shit quiet.

P.s. Not that I advocate laying hands on people, but had that happened it wouldn't have been over a "video game hurr dur... " when people yell like that often spit ain't far behind. Really don't understand how some people here don't understand that spitting on someone Is making physical. Or that plenty of people have wound up on the hospital over it. There's not much people take more offense to than being spit on.

Pop off, deserved. The length and proximity was fucking stupid and shouldn't be encouraged.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Like I agree that he was too close and it was too long. It coulda escalated further like the Bee vs SonicFox incident at the Summit. The popoff was awesome but I’ll admit it was too close and too long, can’t have another sucker punch incident.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I'm not sure how valid this is. He is personally saturated in the community, knows people personally. His perspective on the scene is super intimate comparatively speaking. I don't know or see all that stuff. If it isn't on stream for me and a lot of people, it isn't happening. There might be stuff going on the scene less involved fans would take issue with if they were more public or seen first hand.

I keep up enough to know who everybody is, but I'm not going to events, or following twitter drama. For me I was just watching players play on stream and then suddenly one bolts up after win and starts acting like he's gearing up for an IRL fight. I had no context for what was happening, but I was seeing it happen and it was uncomfortable not knowing how far it was going to go. I can talk about it because it was just right there in front of everyone and streamed front and center. I didn't hear about it after the fact and know the outcome, it was going down right then and I had feelings about it. I don't have feelings about anything else that might be going on, because I've not seen it and I have no clue even what is being referenced. This was just more public. More eyes = more opinions.

I think it's worth having a conversation about. I don't think that means people need to be mean or vilify anyone involved. It's worth discussing, and it really doesn't matter what started the discussion or what someone else did in the past that should have cause it but didn't. It's just a thing that happened. Do we want more or less of it?

thlityoursloat

kick kick
For the record, I don't hate Buffalo. We all make mistakes and I refuse to ever be part of this mob culture where we crush people and attempt to ruin their lives just because of one mistake that they happened to make in front of a lot of people.
Not really going to talk about this anymore, let the 2 parties move on.