What's new

Pokemon X and Y - Discussion/Friend Code Exchange

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
So i figured i should ask here first i have 14 5IV Noibats for trade, 3 5IV Nincada, and 2 5IV SHUCKLE. All for trade. Im not looking for 5iv pokemon or Legend Pokemon. I'm just looking for pokemon that you cannot get in X and Y. So things from Diamond/Pearl, Gold/Silver, Black/white, Etc. So message me if your interesting. ^_^.

LanceMonsoon

All in on Johnny Football
Mega Lucario and Genesect banned from OU, next is looking to be Mega Charizard Y. Agree 100% on Genesect and Mega Lucario. Mega Pinsir and Mega Gyarados are still looking good though so its cool with me lol.

Solo

Shadow Priest
Mega Lucario and Genesect banned from OU, next is looking to be Mega Charizard Y. Agree 100% on Genesect and Mega Lucario. Mega Pinsir and Mega Gyarados are still looking good though so its cool with me lol.
Genesect, I understand.

Fucking Mega Lucario? If he got banned, I know Mega Charizard is going down.

LanceMonsoon

Genesect, I understand.

Fucking Mega Lucario? If he got banned, I know Mega Charizard is going down.
The problem with Mega Lucario was that nobody could know if it was a special attacker or physical, making it almost impossible to counter with one pokemon. You have to waste 2 slots to even try to check the damn savage and even then those checks can't take 2 hits usually. The closest was Aegislash but if you had crunch/dark pulse then it was GG. Plus if Aegislash King Shield was predicted and Lucario SDs/NPs it was a sweep. Mega Lucario was not countered or checked by any of the 700+ pokemon. He was frail yes but even a priority choice banded mach punch from max attk infernape couldn't kill it same with a conkeldurr (although nobody runs choice band conkeldurr). Not to mention these two pokemon couldn't switch in on a Mega Lucario and survive anyway. Mega Charizard Y will probably be gone along with Deoxys S next suspect test. I agree with Mega Lucario being gone, he was Blaziken without the Speed Boost and with more priority lol.

shinobispectre

Heart of A Champion, Skill of a Noob :P
The problem with Mega Lucario was that nobody could know if it was a special attacker or physical, making it almost impossible to counter with one pokemon. You have to waste 2 slots to even try to check the damn savage and even then those checks can't take 2 hits usually. The closest was Aegislash but if you had crunch/dark pulse then it was GG. Plus if Aegislash King Shield was predicted and Lucario SDs/NPs it was a sweep. Mega Lucario was not countered or checked by any of the 700+ pokemon. He was frail yes but even a priority choice banded mach punch from max attk infernape couldn't kill it same with a conkeldurr (although nobody runs choice band conkeldurr). Not to mention these two pokemon couldn't switch in on a Mega Lucario and survive anyway. Mega Charizard Y will probably be gone along with Deoxys S next suspect test. I agree with Mega Lucario being gone, he was Blaziken without the Speed Boost and with more priority lol.
I really more enjoy watching competitive pokemons than battling but isn't Mega Charizard Y the crappy one? The one that does not give Dragon type? Or does it have some ability that helps it out a lot like Talonflame?

I really more enjoy watching competitive pokemons than battling but isn't Mega Charizard Y the crappy one? The one that does not give Dragon type? Or does it have some ability that helps it out a lot like Talonflame?
It gets drought making its stab attacks really high, allowing it to use solar beam to check counters, and all while setting up sun for the rest of its team. It has some counters due to its mediocre speed and stealth rock weakness but it's definitely a very good pokemon.

shinobispectre

Heart of A Champion, Skill of a Noob :P
It gets drought making its stab attacks really high, allowing it to use solar beam to check counters, and all while setting up sun for the rest of its team. It has some counters due to its mediocre speed and stealth rock weakness but it's definitely a very good pokemon.
Ahhh I see. Yeah I thought Stealth Rock cleaned Mega Charizard Y's clock like vanilla Charizard. But if it gets the setup... Pretty big if but yeah okay cool to see a decent Charizard.

LanceMonsoon

Ahhh I see. Yeah I thought Stealth Rock cleaned Mega Charizard Y's clock like vanilla Charizard. But if it gets the setup... Pretty big if but yeah okay cool to see a decent Charizard.
Yea Charizard definitely needs a rapid spinner/defoger support to get away from rocks, but other then that like @Impractical Joker said he is a monster. Mega Charizard X kind of pales in comparison. Charizard Y can sweep teams with his movepool and can survive a lot of water attacks and hit back with a solar beam in the sun. Also can use Roost for health regen. Definitely no Mega Lucario but probably the best mega evolution in the current OU meta game. I hope Charizard Y stays but Smogon does whatever they want lol.

Solo

Shadow Priest
Umm.. I gotta look into that one. My Lucario has never tanked an attack like that(I can't remember, tbh). Focus Slash and Scarf Pokemon was Mega Lucario's worst nightmare. Lucario won't do well in ubers.

With Adaptability, it really didn't matter if Lucario was physical or special because he has good base stats in both. I am a bit bias because Lucario(especially Mega) if my favorite. It was the first Pokemon I ever went on a shiny hunt with.

Last edited:

LanceMonsoon

Umm.. I gotta look into that one. My Lucario has never tanked an attack like that(I can't remember, tbh). Focus Slash and Scarf Pokemon was Mega Lucario's worst nightmare. Lucario won't do well in ubers.

With Adaptability, it really didn't matter if Lucario was physical or special because he has good base stats in both. I am a bit bias because Lucario(especially Mega) if my favorite. It was the first Pokemon I ever went on a shiny hunt with.
I've ran damage calcs on it, this was with the Infernape being jolly however, but I don't see why you run anything but jolly Infernape. Scarf I don't see how they were a problem due to Lucario having lethal stab priority moves, and if you as a player saw a pokemon switch in to revenge kill like garchomp for example then you can just switch out and have a healthy Lucario still chilling. As far as sash again it can't switch in to a CC or an Aura Sphere and then take another one, or a priority move. I love Mega Lucario but he had to get up out of OU. I used it ALOT both special and physical and I never found it hard to win with. You almost had to try to lose and even then you could still accidentally win with it lol.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Does anyone have a Poliwhirl I can catch in their Friend Safari so I can get his hidden ability? Or does anyone have a Drizzle Politoed that they wouldn't mind trading?

matterovermind

mindundermatter
Finally! I can let my Terrakion run loose instead of getting all bored inside my Gen V box missing out on all the fun! I'm also going to be working on my new Fairy counter known as Heatran! Thing is too baller for it's own good this gen!
Tran destroys Gale Wings too. So excited Bank is here :)

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
Alright, I'm such a noob when it comes to this. I just got my 3DS/Pokemon Y (and A Link Between Worlds, amazing game) last week. Wtf is friend safari?

EDIT: Nvm, apparently I'm not far enough into the game to access that yet lol

Last edited:

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
GG's to Toki last night, sorry I left early. I wanted a third game but man I was drifting to sleep during that last one lol. That was my first battle with that team so I was pretty pleased with the results.