What's new

Pokemon X and Y - Discussion/Friend Code Exchange

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
Can anyone help me evolve my Onix into a Steelix? :) Or is there some trading system they implemented where it auto trades your pokemon back to you?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Man I have not gotten much time to play lately. :( I have so much breeding to do. I want this Hawlucha up and running soon.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
So the team I posted the other day is trashed, I have thought up a couple of new ones to try out that I think will work out waaaaay better. One of them running Mega T-Tar and the other Mega Mawile. I'm trying to mess around with other megas because I haven't played too many and I want to see if there are any I will like more than Venusaur. I have to say Venusaur has shot up to one of my favorite pokemon.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I'm still new to this breeding and competitive scene thing. What happens if you get your shiny Larvitar but it's IV's aren't what you want? Just use it anyway?
Or you could trade it for something juicy I suppose lol, but yeah if you want the shiny you are either going to hold those IV's or just try to breed another one.

ShadowBeatz

Or you could trade it for something juicy I suppose lol, but yeah if you want the shiny you are either going to hold those IV's or just try to breed another one.
Okay, that makes sense. I see people post their battles on youtube and they have 2 or 3 shinies and I'm like "okay, they're either just saying fuck it or they are INCREDIBLY lucky" lol

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Okay, that makes sense. I see people post their battles on youtube and they have 2 or 3 shinies and I'm like "okay, they're either just saying fuck it or they are INCREDIBLY lucky" lol
Lol yeah doing it the old fashioned way those are pretty much the two options. There's also trading too though, which is what a lot of people do. I feel there is less pride in it though lol.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I'm still new to this breeding and competitive scene thing. What happens if you get your shiny Larvitar but it's IV's aren't what you want? Just use it anyway?
Right now I have two Perfect Parents, 1 japenese, the other Canadian.

This increases the odds for a shiny. The everstone guarantees the nature. TWo 5 iv parents almost always give out at LEAST 4 iv siblings.

ShadowBeatz

Also, I must say, this breeding stuff is incredibly addicting and almost therapeutic in a way (even though it's all eugenics and incest XD). Just sit back, but on some good music or a TV show and just bike back and forth on Riviere Walk. In the process of trying to get a Steelix (and if anyone else wants to add me so I can trade these Onixes w/ Metal Coats I will be grateful :D). I also find it incredibly amusing seeing these little baby pokemon in the day care and then dropping off two 28' Onixes so they can get it on lol. Oh Pokemon...

Lol yeah doing it the old fashioned way those are pretty much the two options. There's also trading too though, which is what a lot of people do. I feel there is less pride in it though lol.
Amen brother lol. Plus people trade hacked pokemon and stuff all the time I hear. Weak.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Also, I must say, this breeding stuff is incredibly addicting and almost therapeutic in a way (even though it's all eugenics and incest XD). Just sit back, but on some good music or a TV show and just bike back and forth on Riviere Walk. In the process of trying to get a Steelix (and if anyone else wants to add me so I can trade these Onixes w/ Metal Coats I will be grateful :D). I also find it incredibly amusing seeing these little baby pokemon in the day care and then dropping off two 28' Onixes so they can get it on lol. Oh Pokemon...

Amen brother lol. Plus people trade hacked pokemon and stuff all the time I hear. Weak.
Let me give you a tip. Get a dime, fly to the center of the main city (The one that looks like a pokeball). Go north to the square, stick dime into analog stick, let the mons hatch themselves.

In my quest for a shiny I get enough eggs to fill a box, and then hatch the entire box this way.

ShadowBeatz

Let me give you a tip. Get a dime, fly to the center of the main city (The one that looks like a pokeball). Go north to the square, stick dime into analog stick, let the mons hatch themselves.

In my quest for a shiny I get enough eggs to fill a box, and then hatch the entire box this way.
I tried that, but then it seemed kinda mechanical. That bike back and forth is relaxing to me :rolleyes:

ShadowBeatz

If anyone has some free time later, could I get some help with some trading one more time? I have 3 Onix's that I'm trying to evolve :D I don't have much to offer item or pokemon-wise, but I can try to give you something in return.