What's new

Pokemon X and Y - Discussion/Friend Code Exchange

I think fairy is a weird type because I feel they could have made it be weak/resist anything I would be like "ok, sure... I guess that could work".

Enigma

Noob
Yeah that doesn't help his typing problem this gen though is all I'm saying lol.
New megas, ability to learn new moves (like shiftry getting leaf blade), possibly old moves getting buff/nerf (like knock off) is enough to change the meta game.

I wish we had a separate thread for ORAS games.

Hmmm, idk how much that will help it. It could be quite useful, but idk if it will help against aegislash.
Unless Metagross doesn't get the boot from UU then that thing will be dam useful there. I'm sure it will since Manectric and Medicham with their respective stones got banned let alone that since with these new megas/pokes coming out everybody will want to try them increasing their usage and putting them in OU. I wonder if that is why Diance is instantly OU. Or maybe they just felt like that is the tier it should be in. I'm just happy that with these new megas coming out there will probably be less threats in UU. Hopefully goodbye Sableye you annoying POS :) and to a lesser extent Swampert.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
New megas, ability to learn new moves (like shiftry getting leaf blade), possibly old moves getting buff/nerf (like knock off) is enough to change the meta game.

I wish we had a separate thread for ORAS games.
Well you are assuming that changes like that will happen in the game, but since these are still gen VI games we don't know how much change could possibly occur or how relevant it will be aside from new megas. Also, megas can add to the meta but not enough to change the way the current one works imo. None of the megas that I have seen get revealed I feel will have a super heavy impact except for maybe diancie and sableye. I just don't see Metagross changing to the point where he would be a huge threat in the current meta, but hey I can't judge too quickly because he could be broken. This is just an early prediction for me. I am still really excited for him either way as well lol.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Well you are assuming that changes like that will happen in the game, but since these are still gen VI games we don't know how much change could possibly occur or how relevant it will be aside from new megas. Also, megas can add to the meta but not enough to change the way the current one works imo. None of the megas that I have seen get revealed I feel will have a super heavy impact except for maybe diancie and sableye. I just don't see Metagross changing to the point where he would be a huge threat in the current meta, but hey I can't judge too quickly because he could be broken. This is just an early prediction for me. I am still really excited for him either way as well lol.
I think Mega Sableeye has the potential to break the current meta depending on how beefy it gets.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Unless Metagross doesn't get the boot from UU then that thing will be dam useful there. I'm sure it will since Manectric and Medicham with their respective stones got banned let alone that since with these new megas/pokes coming out everybody will want to try them increasing their usage and putting them in OU. I wonder if that is why Diance is instantly OU. Or maybe they just felt like that is the tier it should be in. I'm just happy that with these new megas coming out there will probably be less threats in UU. Hopefully goodbye Sableye you annoying POS :) and to a lesser extent Swampert.
I feel he will definitely catch the UU banhammer. Also, they always start new pokes in OU if I'm not mistaken and then based on usage and opinion of the tiering councils they decide whether it stays or gets moved down or what not. I think Diancie is worth using in OU so far, mostly for the bulk and access to screens. Diamond storm is a really good move. Sableye is going to be good and I am excited about swampert. Diancie is going to be my first mega in that game though lol. She will probably be broken.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I think Mega Sableeye has the potential to break the current meta depending on how beefy it gets.
I don't think it would break it, but it would definitely cause problems, and for sure become one of the better support types around this meta. There will pretty much be no reason to use bannette unless you just want access to destiny bond with prankster. (Does sableye get destiny bond? I don't think it does but idk)

I feel he will definitely catch the UU banhammer. Also, they always start new pokes in OU if I'm not mistaken and then based on usage and opinion of the tiering councils they decide whether it stays or gets moved down or what not. I think Diancie is worth using in OU so far, mostly for the bulk and access to screens. Diamond storm is a really good move. Sableye is going to be good and I am excited about swampert. Diancie is going to be my first mega in that game though lol. She will probably be broken.
Ok that's good to know. But when you say new pokes, do mean their respective pre mega evolution as well? So not only are stones instantly OU but the pokes themselves are as well?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Ok that's good to know. But when you say new pokes, do mean their respective pre mega evolution as well? So not only are stones instantly OU but the pokes themselves are as well?
Yeah, especially when new gens start, everything is OU. Then they narrow it down based on usage and what not, and ban accordingly. :)

Enigma

Noob
@Joker8417, that's true. We will never know until we have all of the info about the changes from xy. It looks like the team aqua and magma leaders, and E4 members have the mega stones. I hope all of their signature pokemons get a mega evolution. Mega crawdant, camerupt, glalie, dusknoir, shiftry, etc. :3

I wish BL was actually a tier. It's sad that things like Staraptor, and mega zam don't get used much because they're not good enough for OU but too strong for UU. ;.;

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
This actually makes sense to me because bugs eat grass, but if they eat/stand in/whatever something poisonous they're gonna have a bad time.
yet they're all poisonous themselves.......... CATCH 22

I still think Bug doesn't get a good enough rep. Simply because Psychics aren't rampant.