What's new

Pokemon X and Y - Discussion/Friend Code Exchange

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
Since we're talking about types, I'm actually curious what everyone's favorite and least favorite types are? I've thought about this before and I have a Top 5 for each, but you guys don't have to be a try hard bitch like me.

Favorites:
1. Ghost - Just a badass type competitively with really cool and sinister moves (Destiny Bond <3) plus a TON of dark lore surrounding it with Lavender Town and all that.
2. Steel - Loved when this type was introduced in Gen 2 as basically a pure defensive type. Immunity to poison is cool and Steelix (Steel's poster child) is one of my favorite pokemon (Ironically, Aegislash is not. Go figure)
3. Fairy - LOVE LOVE LOVE this type. Such a troll thing. You got cakes, you got perfume bottle looking things, you got keys and they not only resist the stupid Dragon type, they're IMMUNE to it. The fairies are the dragon slayers and that's just funny to me. Klefki is easily a Top 5 favorite pokemon for me as well.
4. Ice - Always loved Ice themed things. I like Sub Zero more than Scorpion, I like cold weather more than hot weather, and I love how, competitively, Ice moves provide a lot of offensive coverage. For a while it was also the only thing super effective against Dragon (besides Dragon) and that made dealing with Lance very easy in early gens :D
5. Poison - This is a really cool type because it's got a LOT of mildly disturbing elements to it. I always loved how a lot of them formed through pollution (Muk, Garbodor, even Weezing to an extent) to create these monstrosities. Plus a lot of its moves are just unsettling. You got moves like Gastro Acid where your pokemon vomits all over their opponent, Belch where they burp (for 120 base power) on them after eating a berry, and Gunk Shot where they shoot trash at them. Not to mention I think the Toxic/Venoshock combo is very underrated. 130 base power AND Toxic damage at the en of the turn? I'll take it

Least favorites:
14. Water - This type bores me so much. There are 1400 water pokemon out there and it doesn't have a lot of (if any at all) gimmicky moves. Yawn.
15. Psychic - Still salty about how OP this shit was in Gen 1 lol. Plus the type never really clicked with me. Very rarely will I have a Psychic type on my team because I really just forget about them
16. Rock - Pointless type that doesn't resist a lot of stuff that it should. Neutral to electricity (when it should at LEAST resist it), weak to grass, and it doesn't resist itself? What? Dumb. And it's weak to ground as well, which is funny because they should probably just be one type. Most Rock pokemon are Rock/Ground anyway.
17. Fire - Again, yaaaawn. Overexposure killed the hell out of this type with it basically being most people's favorite type and Charizard being most people's favorite pokemon. Plus, as I said earlier, I don't like hot things besides women, so I don't like Fire. Plus it resists fairy :(
18. Dragon - Don't understand how this is a type and it doesn't make any sense. Prior to Gen 6, it resisted everything except for Ice (a type with notoriously frail pokemon) and itself (so you'd have to put yourself at risk to take down your opponent) and neither weakness made any logical sense. It just screamed "yeah, let's just have Ice strong against cuz fuck it." Plus I hate almost all legendaries and while all Dragons are legendary necessarily, it has that legendary aura about it that I find annoying.

#Poison/FairyPokemonForGen7

ShadowBeatz

yet they're all poisonous themselves.......... CATCH 22

I still think Bug doesn't get a good enough rep. Simply because Psychics aren't rampant.
It's funny because if I remember correctly, in Gen 1 Bug was weak to Poison AND Poison was weak to Bug.

Psychics aren't rampant but Dark kinda is. I love the Bug type. The thought of Mewtwo struggling against a Caterpie makes me smile :D

Last edited:

ShadowBeatz

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight

WHOAMG

Random encounter shinies are the fucking best.

Scary moment here when the stupid thing roared me. I wasn't sure if that ended a wild encounter or not. Luckily it shuffled my pokemon...my heart was racing.

Then the damn thing hits my talonflame AND IT GETS BURNT. So now I am on a timer to kill a pokemon that takes recoil damage AND is burnt. Also, his friends all had sturdy >_<

Got her tho. So pumped!

ShadowBeatz

Confusion needs to be banned. There I said it. Competitively it adds nothing.

Also, wth is the point of having moves do between this and this percent? Why don't all moves just do flat damage everytime? It's this kind of stuff that makes me laugh that pokemon has a seriously competitive scene. It's fun casually, but LBSH. RNG is stupid

Last edited:

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Confusion needs to be banned. There I said it. Competitively it adds nothing.

Also, wth is the point of having moves do between this and this percent? Why don't all moves just do flat damage everytime? It's this kind of stuff that makes me laugh that pokemon has a seriously competitive scene. It's fun casually, but LBSH. RNG is stupid
Murph and I were talking about this the other day.

I guess it is there to create a certain hype factor, but yea...randomness is bleh.

Still fun as hell tho.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Murph and I were talking about this the other day.

I guess it is there to create a certain hype factor, but yea...randomness is bleh.

Still fun as hell tho.
I think we both agree that you cant' really determine how good a team is in just one pass against someone. Not only the strategy but the luck factor.
I won yesterday because I froze a Mandibuzz with ice beam. I would have lost easily had I not.

I also lost yesterday because of critical hit on a resisted Psychic. I would have won if tanked.

Them the cards we are dealt.

It seems you guys have way more fun down in like UU and NU. I may have to dig into those poke's.

Chance....... I hate your Shiny rate. It is absolutely off the charts.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I think we both agree that you cant' really determine how good a team is in just one pass against someone. Not only the strategy but the luck factor.
I won yesterday because I froze a Mandibuzz with ice beam. I would have lost easily had I not.

I also lost yesterday because of critical hit on a resisted Psychic. I would have won if tanked.

Them the cards we are dealt.

It seems you guys have way more fun down in like UU and NU. I may have to dig into those poke's.

Chance....... I hate your Shiny rate. It is absolutely off the charts.

To be fair, I do hunt them tho.

It's just the random encounters are always a pleasant surprise.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Very specific Poke here:

Can anyone make me a Hasty/Lonely Chlorophyll Seedot with Sucker Punch and Knock Off?

ZEROX

Noob
Can anyone please help with a Stealth rock/Whilrdwind Skarmory, My friend really needs him. If you can help me i Would really Apreciate it. ty.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Just wanted to let everyone know that since I'm moving to Virginia it could be a little bit before I'm able to knock out the list of pokes you guys want, but I haven't forgot them. I only ever really have the time to sit down and do a quick battle then go on about my day.

So I'm starting to think out of all the unbanned megas that Megazard X is probably the best, definitely either him or Mawile. Everyone else is debatable for number 3.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Just wanted to let everyone know that since I'm moving to Virginia it could be a little bit before I'm able to knock out the list of pokes you guys want, but I haven't forgot them. I only ever really have the time to sit down and do a quick battle then go on about my day.

So I'm starting to think out of all the unbanned megas that Megazard X is probably the best, definitely either him or Mawile. Everyone else is debatable for number 3.
I use those the most. I agree with them being top 2.