What's new

Pokemon X and Y - Discussion/Friend Code Exchange

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Dammit. That was the longest match I ever had. I usually get sweep'd 6-0 lol
I need to use better support pokemon
If you want my honest opinion, drop configrius and pick up skarmory.it will help out yer ampharos tremendously. That's my opinion. He is neutral to ice, and deals with ground and fairy.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
If you want my honest opinion, drop configrius and pick up skarmory.it will help out yer ampharos tremendously. That's my opinion. He is neutral to ice, and deals with ground and fairy.
Yea, I'm still trying to figure out who to use. I have like almost 3 boxes full of fully IV/EV trained pokemon

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Yea, I'm still trying to figure out who to use. I have like almost 3 boxes full of fully IV/EV trained pokemon
Well as far as team building goes, the way I do it is, if you want to use a mega, pick the one you want to use. Then, build the rest ofyour team around that. In most cases, your mega is your most important poke if you have one. Always find team mates who can cover it's weaknesses.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
Well as far as team building goes, the way I do it is, if you want to use a mega, pick the one you want to use. Then, build the rest ofyour team around that. In most cases, your mega is your most important poke if you have one. Always find team mates who can cover it's weaknesses.
I need to just focus on one Pokemon and make a team that supports them, I just need to play it more to see what would work or what doesnt work. I'm sure with the amount of pokemon I have trained up, there's a good team somewhere in there, I just have to figure out what pokemon would work well with each other.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I need to just focus on one Pokemon and make a team that supports them, I just need to play it more to see what would work or what doesnt work. I'm sure with the amount of pokemon I have trained up, there's a good team somewhere in there, I just have to figure out what pokemon would work well with each other.
Honestly yer right, guaranteed out od whatyou have a good team is lurking in there. I'd recommed the smogon forums either in the OU teambuilding thread, or the good cores thread. Any pokes that uou enjoy using you could probably find good team mates for there.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Here is my problem with showdown...

Half the teams are not going to be in the game. All those hyper voice sylveons and shit are quite rare, same as the perfect legendaries and pseudo legendaries...

I have a respectable 1400 rating, but thats using my actual in game team.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Here is my problem with showdown...

Half the teams are not going to be in the game. All those hyper voice sylveons and shit are quite rare, same as the perfect legendaries and pseudo legendaries...

I have a respectable 1400 rating, but thats using my actual in game team.
Well it is harder to acquire Hyper Voice Sylveon, but they are attainable none the less, and you can always just hack legendaries for perfect IV's, hell my Kyurem B, Terrakion, Coballion all have perfect IV's. Kalos lengendaries are a different story though lol. I do agree with you on a lot of that though, and I always use my in game team too. It's really nice for testing teams though and seeing what they could use to improve. I just recently added my Foul Play Mandibuzz because I only just bred that move onto it like last week lol.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Well it is harder to acquire Hyper Voice Sylveon, but they are attainable none the less, and you can always just hack legendaries for perfect IV's, hell my Kyurem B, Terrakion, Coballion all have perfect IV's. Kalos lengendaries are a different story though lol. I do agree with you on a lot of that though, and I always use my in game team too. It's really nice for testing teams though and seeing what they could use to improve. I just recently added my Foul Play Mandibuzz because I only just bred that move onto it like last week lol.
I am not a huge fan of having legendaries in tiers. I know I sound like a disgruntled idiot, but it's true lol

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
All legendaries into Ubers yes.

The base stats are too high for most imo, and keep in mind, that's just my opinion lol
Oh no I respect that, I was just making sure I understood you correctly. While there are some questionable pokes in OU that are legendaries (Kyurem B.) although I think he is fine), most of the ones that aren't banned don't have base stats that are as great as others. Also, although some have really good base stats, they fall prey to their typing and weaknesses. Terrakion is actually a really good example for that. He has really REALLY good attack and above average speed, but no bulk and 6 different type weaknesses. There are a lot of pokes, especially with megas around now, that have base stats higher than most legendaries that are good. Most megas themselves have legendary level stats. T-Tar's mega being a perfect example, it has a BST of 700. (That's higher than base Mewtwo) Not to say I don't understand where you are coming from, because a lot of legendaries can be overwhelming, just adding some perspective.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Oh no I respect that, I was just making sure I understood you correctly. While there are some questionable pokes in OU that are legendaries (Kyurem B.) although I think he is fine), most of the ones that aren't banned don't have base stats that are as great as others. Also, although some have really good base stats, they fall prey to their typing and weaknesses. Terrakion is actually a really good example for that. He has really REALLY good attack and above average speed, but no bulk and 6 different type weaknesses. There are a lot of pokes, especially with megas around now, that have base stats higher than most legendaries that are good. Most megas themselves have legendary level stats. T-Tar's mega being a perfect example, it has a BST of 700. (That's higher than base Mewtwo) Not to say I don't understand where you are coming from, because a lot of legendaries can be overwhelming, just adding some perspective.
1 legendary is fine.

Facing Keldeo, Mew, terrakion, and heatran on the same team is annoying lol

Whos the bithch ass prankster legendary... landorous form? Just got a passersby doublr.... darkrai arceus megamewtwo x and him.......... I won cuz mega pinsir and all but still....

Darkrai and landman can go away

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Whos the bithch ass prankster legendary... landorous form? Just got a passersby doublr.... darkrai arceus megamewtwo x and him.......... I won cuz mega pinsir and all but still....

Darkrai and landman can go away
Nah that's Thundurus-I, and he is fucking annoying lol. Pinsir is just as annoying though, if not more lol.