What's new

Poison Ivy Speculation Thread

Do you think Poison Ivy will be more of a Trap/Setup type or Mid range neutral type character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reeky Jones

XBL: Reeky Jones PSN: Reeky_Jones
So it looks like she has a low starter, a stance and a mb low launcher? Maybe its not a stance and is a move you can delay and cancel from?

Lokheit

Noob
We in there with the low vines lads, looks like meterburn to launch for a combo as standard. Check out that swag string leading into. Also the plant mace, not sure what to think of that but it's interesting. That string leading in looks like a low starter.

- Looks like she has a low starting string with a stylish flamenco pose but very short range (hopefully if she has some sort of spear vine or trance-lite pheromones move for vortex the range won't be a problem).

- It kind of looks like the second hit of that string could be a restand (the opponent animation looks like Raiden or Takeda's restand strings on hit, but I could be wrong).

- The low plant probably will be one of those far/middle/close targeted moves, kind of a plant version of Quan runes with meterburn for launch or safety on block?

- The final move she uses looks like a stance where you can select one of multiple follow ups. That or maybe a run cancel but probably a stance. EDIT: And I don't think it's a trait because she uses directional commands to activate it (you can see her clearly ducking for an instant and then a slight step back before she activates it).

Last edited:

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I think it's her trait because when she performs it in the video there's a little sound that makes me think it means trait activation... That would be interesting and I never expected her to have a stance trait...

Maybe she has different options? D+4, B+4...

South

I'd rather SHOW than TELL ~ Poison Ivy
I think he have a LOW starter that can restand xD! But also I wonder if her vines will work like hell sparks or more of a rune type move??? Also her stance maybe it's like a stance that erron black gunslinger has.??? Multiple possibilities hopefully we get a breakdown/gameplay trailer soon.

Lokheit

Noob
I think it's a stance (it's a regular move for sure because she uses down and back before activating), but the fact that she gets the mace thing out before making a decision makes it look like there won't be too many followups in the sense that it would just limit you to do regular or anti-air versions kind of like Jax's bazooka. I might be wrong and that thing could be used for more things than throwing it out like a spear, who knows.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
The thing in the end reminds me of Birdie's chain lol.
I don't think it's her trait as well coz whatever she did after the stance was pretty shitty so I'm hoping it's not her trait..

From what I see I wanna say it's one of two things; a delayable move like Hawkgirl's Mace toss/Yamazaki Snake strike where she can adjust the move to go upwards or straight, but looking at the range I doubt it's like that as looks more like a grab.
Most likely option is that it's a stance with different followups like Harley's tantrum or hawkgirl's wing evade.

If it does end up as her trait then RIP unless it makes those vine sparks track and do mad chip or something as insane as that.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Yeah, It's not her trait because I just noticed it disappears when she gets hit.

Seems like an Erron Black/Catwoman stance.

I think she will be a hybrid.

Meaning, she has a tool for everything, however her core strength will be space control and set ups.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I think everyone is expecting her to be a zoner and they said she is very different from what people are expecting so... :/

Lokheit

Noob
I think everyone is expecting her to be a zoner and they said she is very different from what people are expecting so... :/
According to the poll at the top of this thread, most of us expect her to have traps and setups. I'm pretty sure she will get some form of vortex and setups, probably good neutral game too.

She could even get a teleport if they're creative enough (like a giant flower bud taking her and another bud appearing behind the enemy and she appearing there). To be honest I never thought of her as pure zoner (so far she seems to have a plant version of Quan's rune, but I'm assuming that's a close/medium/far move like the rune, we don't know for sure).

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
According to the poll at the top of this thread, most of us expect her to have traps and setups. I'm pretty sure she will get some form of vortex and setups, probably good neutral game too.

She could even get a teleport if they're creative enough (like a giant flower bud taking her and another bud appearing behind the enemy and she appearing there). To be honest I never thought of her as pure zoner (so far she seems to have a plant version of Quan's rune, but I'm assuming that's a close/medium/far move like the rune, we don't know for sure).
Hmmm yeah! I hope she is like nothing we've seen before.
I just hope she doesn't have dumb 50/50's... I would really hate that.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Question. Do you guys think it would be weird if a guy named baconlord mained poison ivy? Considering I got the whole meat thing going on
Does that mean I should be playing Doctor Fate instead? I don't think anyone aside from yourself has thought of connecting the username with your character lol.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
Does that mean I should be playing Doctor Fate instead? I don't think anyone aside from yourself has thought of connecting the username with your character lol.
I'm just asking if it would seem hypocritical. If my name was veganlord it would be a little strange if I played butcher leatherface

Status
Not open for further replies.