What's new

Poison Ivy Speculation Thread

Do you think Poison Ivy will be more of a Trap/Setup type or Mid range neutral type character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sranc

creep
Your right I mostly decided to post this because with tomorrow reveal she has a HUGE chance of being revealed especially since swamp thing was released a day before and tomorrow theme is Valentine's Day. Are you on PS4 though?
Yup. PSN sranc_
I'm not great, but fuck it. I'll play anyone, it's fun

South

I'd rather SHOW than TELL ~ Poison Ivy
I would be AMAZED if her core gameplay doesn't involve traps and setups of some kind.

Seeing Swamp Thing in makes me believe it even more so. While he's a plant based grappler, with what looks like godlike footsies, I can definitely see Ivy in a more zoning/setup role.

Just give me a tracking spore projectile, it's all I ask lol
Yea without some sort of trap or good setup flower bomb or spore/plant aroma projectile I will be let down. Also are you on PS4?

Lokheit

Noob
She'll be a keepaway/zoner with some spores or pheromones for sure or I'll eat my boots. A rushdown Ivy is dumb
She can easily get juicy sprout trap setups into combo restand (trance-ish pheromones) into vortex (even hard to blockables). She could even get a teleport where she enters a flower bud and exits from another to punish a zoner on a read. The sky is the limit with her powerset and some good game design so I'd think twice about claiming I'd eat anything if she isn't of a particular playstyle :p

South

I'd rather SHOW than TELL ~ Poison Ivy
She can easily get juicy sprout trap setups into combo restand (trance-ish pheromones) into vortex (even hard to blockables). She could even get a teleport where she enters a flower bud and exits from another to punish a zoner on a read. The sky is the limit with her powerset and some good game design so I'd think twice about claiming I'd eat anything if she isn't of a particular playstyle :p
You have some good ideas as well I must admit. Are you on PS4?

TamedLizard

Buff George
As long as she has a solid mid and filthy setups on oki, she'll be my girl of choice in this game.

And thank goodness for that ponytail. Not a whole lot to go off on in that trailer regarding her play style, but I highly doubt her gameplay debut will disappoint.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
She looks like she can be footsie based with closer ranged gameplay than we think. She was getting down up close ! lol she would be fun. She'll likely be my secondary though. Happy for the Ivy boyz tho y'all lit

Lokheit

Noob
You have some good ideas as well I must admit. Are you on PS4?
Yup I am :) (no beta yet though).

Just saw the trailer, totally called the use of flower buds xD (but still we don't really know the whole extend of what she can do with them hahaha). And her super... OMG!!

Look at the 53rd second before she hits Cheetah. May have a stun.
Yup, there seems to be pheromones on her face so probably she had a trance-ish move like many here called. I hope it's a restand one... oooohhhh the setups.

Also, if the back flowers are the trait, I hope a special move is the sprout trap we all hope lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.