What's new

Poison Ivy Speculation Thread

Do you think Poison Ivy will be more of a Trap/Setup type or Mid range neutral type character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

South

I'd rather SHOW than TELL ~ Poison Ivy
I hate how now everyone want to hop on the ivy train when we been down since game first trailer that said I2 was before we even knew Ivy be in game. It gets under my skin.

Lokheit

Noob
I'm posting this here for those of us who aren't constantly refreshing Youtube and the Injustice Reddit.

Here are Youtuber Super's thoughts on Poison Ivy:

Not the most in depth, but it's something. Oh, yeah, there's some Robin footage in there too.
Yeah I was about to post it too, I will update the strings thread later!

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Whoa what? Drill is -7 with pushback? That sounds busted but we'll see.. So drill into drill can be a frametrap if they try to move or do a string? Add to that the option of delayed MB drill? And you can also have Ivysaur out for some hilarious keepout?

..... Imma start checkin mom and pops stores lol. I need this game like yesterday.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Whoa what? Drill is -7 with pushback? That sounds busted but we'll see.. So drill into drill can be a frametrap if they try to move or do a string? Add to that the option of delayed MB drill? And you can also have Ivysaur out for some hilarious keepout?

..... Imma start checkin mom and pops stores lol. I need this game like yesterday.
Can't be a frame trap when you're - on block..

xKhaoTik

If you're far away and they try to dash or jump it can be depending on the Drill's startup. Definitely not upclose but it's crazy if it's safe considering Aquaman's was super unsafe.
??

No matter where you are, it's going to be -7(in the current state). It would be different if it was a projectile but it's not. It's a tracking spike that starts up and hits no matter where they are. I'm sure they can jump it. Not sure on dashing but a jump is definitely possible.

Her drills don't look that fast on startup anyways

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
??

No matter where you are, it's going to be -7(in the current state). It would be different if it was a projectile but it's not. It's a tracking spike that starts up and hits no matter where they are. I'm sure they can jump it. Not sure on dashing but a jump is definitely possible.

Her drills don't look that fast on startup anyways
Yeah the drill startup will be the main factor but it's definitely possible if it's quick enough, like DS low shots into high shots frametrap. There's also the fear of a delayed MB drill.
Having a tracking move that's only -7 is super buff tho, I'm just theorizing ideas really so don't mind me lol.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Yeah the drill startup will be the main factor but it's definitely possible if it's quick enough, like DS low shots into high shots frametrap. There's also the fear of a delayed MB drill.
Having a tracking move that's only -7 is super buff tho, I'm just theorizing ideas really so don't mind me lol.
Tracking moves are always -7, projectiles change depending on the distance because they have time to travel but I get what you mean... It definitely would make dashing/moving forward after blocking it pretty risky because if how safe it is.

Also I doubt it's going to stay at -7 simply because it's also a launcher up-close.

xKhaoTik

Tracking moves are always -7, projectiles change depending on the distance because they have time to travel but I get what you mean... It definitely would make dashing/moving forward after blocking it pretty risky because if how safe it is.

Also I doubt it's going to stay at -7 simply because it's also a launcher up-close.
KFs slide was -4 remember lol

Also do we know for sure that she can combo from the regular drill?

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Lol ok her stance followups are listed are like -338 or some shit so yeah this framedata isn't anything to go by but it's alright for speculation atm.
Stance has a cancel and it's just up. MB stance is listed as -320 on hit..
Drill is listed at 24f and -7, MB is 20f and -4
Kiss grab is 12f.
Thorns, Bark skin and trait all have 50f recovery.
The slow axe kick she has is a mid not an overhead :confused:
She can't combo from regular drill but can from MB drill by dashing into whatever string.

Her string names are hilarious tho, best names free. Iris-pect Nothing!

xKhaoTik

Lol ok her stance followups are listed are like -338 or some shit so yeah this framedata isn't anything to go by but it's alright for speculation atm.
Stance has a cancel and it's just up. MB stance is listed as -320 on hit..
Drill is listed at 24f and -7, MB is 20f and -4
Kiss grab is 12f.
Thorns, Bark skin and trait all have 50f recovery.
The slow axe kick she has is a mid not an overhead :confused:
She can't combo from regular drill but can from MB drill by dashing into whatever string.

Her string names are hilarious tho, best names free. Iris-pect Nothing!

It was never an OH. It was a mid during the showcase

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
In that video he was cancelling in and out of Datura Hammer hella quick. It can probably be used in pressure, similar to Flash's RMS. Also 1212 is +1.

xKhaoTik

Everything about it says overhead so I was surprised. Slow, short range, looks like an overhead. Why would you use it if it's not an overhead over her far reaching strings?
I thought it was an OH too but when I went to rewatch the breakdown, it was showing up as a mid when it hit.

NRS is weird when it comes to OH/Lows lol. In MK9, Nightwolf legit stepped on your toe, it wasn't a low. In MKX, Kitana's f2 isn't an OH even tho it looks like it should be

I'm not that worried about it tho. If her grab really is a true grab, that means she will have tick throws. We know what happens when she MBs her grab so that type of tool alone is enough to make her upclose game scary. Plus her F3 already seems to be one of the best ones in the game.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
KFs slide was -4 remember lol

Also do we know for sure that she can combo from the regular drill?
Ew, IGAU frame data in general was nuts...

And nope, but she can still make it launch with the MB version (actually I forgot the MB also comes out on block so just ignore what I said previously)

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
Watching Ivy´s videos I notice how far F3 can reach...awesome.F3 can combo a MBdrill at mid screen.Only far drills can´t be comboed. I asume that F3 can combo the stance laucher movement, what do you think?

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Watching Ivy´s videos I notice how far F3 can reach...awesome.F3 can combo a MBdrill at mid screen.Only far drills can´t be comboed. I asume that F3 can combo the stance laucher movement, what do you think?
f3s generally give you a big enough bounce to combo anything. We can probably do string into string xx ender or d2 into bark/trait/thorns safely.
Her f3 is especially scary because it's range can be adjusted and with the far one it goes a bit over halfscreen and it's 2 hits. If it's safe or plus then we're in business, we'll be able to abuse that all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.