What's new

General/Other PLAYING TO WIN's Deathstroke Q and A

If you have questions... ask.
If you want to know how to beat him... ask (character specific though).

I am just going through character specifics and learning max punishes

current B and Bs (still optimizing)

B1U2, D2, J2, 3231, gunshot
B1U2, D2, super
F3, D2, J2, 3231, gunshot
F3, D2, super

B1, U2, D2<<R2, J2, ...whatever

Safe (almost) (character dep) trait activation
- finish combos with 231
- B1, U2, D2, activate

Pressure
- 1,2,3 even on block and overheard
- f3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- B1, sword flip (unless they can prove it is blockable)
- B1, >>R2

Resets?

Sinianigans to explore
-B1, U2, dash,

Fastest Punish?
d1, sword flip
d1, sword spin, meter burn
F2 (roll to back hit R2), J3, 3,2,3,1, shot

meter gain whiffs?

- Learn his inst air gunshot... easier with sf style controls... hold up back then spd it to forward and hit 1 a few frames after leaving the ground.
- landed low shot... then gunshot is a frame trap and they cannot jump it fool screen
- your meter SHOULD BE saved for push block or mid/full screen gun/maching gun meter burn for zoning and anti air
- avoid up machine gun unless you have a good read

interesting glitch? short cut?
F2 (roll down back like yoga flame and hit R2 for combo extender, not sure why this works bc it is supposed to be <<R2)

it appears that down/back then back also count as back back????????????

you can block mix ups such as sinestro's air axe by hold straight downnnn.... no matter if it is a cross up or not

I heard grundy beats deathstroke. Seems 5-5 to me from my 15 or so hours so far. Walking corpse cancels into additional walking corpses force deathstroke to commit to ex gunshots when timed properly... Not a bad deal

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I believe the frame data for his Sword Spin is incorrect. I've yet to find a move that can punish it on reversal when blocked or hit. It also seems to be guaranteed to go off on wakeup, beating out anything else if the opponent is within range. Definitely some interesting properties to explore.

Also, it makes a really good match starter. It's a totally safe 7-frame mid that can connect with the opponent immediately after starting a match. I'll do some tests to see if can be jump-punished or not.

I believe the frame data for his Sword Spin is incorrect. I've yet to find a move that can punish it on reversal when blocked or hit. It also seems to be guaranteed to go off on wakeup, beating out anything else if the opponent is within range. Definitely some interesting properties to explore.

Also, it makes a really good match starter. It's a totally safe 7-frame mid that can connect with the opponent immediately after starting a match. I'll do some tests to see if can be jump-punished or not.
I agree, I find myself using the sword spin a lot, I start every match with it as well and have yet to be beat or punished but then again the online players are not very good so far. I think DS is underrated by a lot of people up close, I find myself switching to melee a lot after I get rid of the first bar for fun.

colt

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios

interesting glitch? short cut?
F2 (roll down back like yoga flame and hit R2 for combo extender, not sure why this works bc it is supposed to be <<R2)

it appears that down/back then back also count as back back????????????

You can do the "bounce cancels" with by either forward, forward OR down, forward and Meter OR light+medium+hard. same with BB or DB for the wall bounce.

For his first BnB, how do I land his gunshots after 3231? I'm a scrub plz halp.
Ah, I had this same problem, but what I found is after the 3231 I was pausing to let it finish the animation and that doesn't work, you literally just have to go straight into the gun command before the Kill Confirmed combo animation finishes.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
For his first BnB, how do I land his gunshots after 3231? I'm a scrub plz halp.
Don't hesitate between the inputs. Do it all together. So 3231df1. Just make sure not to press anything after the gun input until the shot comes out, otherwise it can undo the input.

not true man its punished by standing normals easy... check it out in training mode. interestingly enough... it can be punished by sword flip in a DS mirror

insignis

Noob
not true man its punished by standing normals easy... check it out in training mode. interestingly enough... it can be punished by sword flip in a DS mirror
I set dummy for reversals and it can't punish sward spin and I can't do it too...

frame data says it is -21 on block but nothing can punish it and frame data says it is -13 on hit but it is definately +.

dude. i punish it all day long and i was just in training mode!!!!!!!!!!!!!! did you get the update? i know before the patch it was safe.... i heard

are you using a really laggy tv?

insignis

Noob
dude. i punish it all day long and i was just in training mode!!!!!!!!!!!!!! did you get the update? i know before the patch it was safe.... i heard

I have an update and set dummy for reversal with sword flip and quick fire - I was able to block it after sword spin in block

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter

I've tested it with multiple fast-starting reversals, including GL's Lantern's Might. I seem to be able to block any reversal after a blocked spin. Updated game. No lag.