What's new

General/Other PLAYING TO WIN's Deathstroke Q and A

depends on what controller setup you are using. i prefer alternative controls. BEST method is hit up/back and roll your finger to the forward position. it all depends on the speed that you roll your finger for the shots to come out.

1. How do you play vs Bane or Doomsday? Seems to be almost impossible to keep them out.
2. Is there a good DS tutorial vid? Can't seem to find one. Only combo vids so far.
3. What's the most useful combos DS should always use?

Thanks in advance.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
1. How do you play vs Bane or Doomsday? Seems to be almost impossible to keep them out.
2. Is there a good DS tutorial vid? Can't seem to find one. Only combo vids so far.
3. What's the most useful combos DS should always use?

Thanks in advance.
1. Bane is easy to keep out. Just keep the bullet flow nice and steady. However, if he charges up his level 3 venom WATCH YOURSELF. He gets armor on his charge, don't try to shoot him out of it. Instead, wait out his trait until he goes into chemical withdrawal and rush his ass down. It's a matter of knowing proper keepaway and up close tactics here.

Doomsday is a bit of a tough one. I'd have to get back to you on that. I'm not completely convinced DS has the upper hand in this matchup for now.

This video is by Aris, professional fighting game player who used Deathstroke to win one of the first large Injustice tournaments.

3. 323, F23 xx Sword Flip
F3, Ji2, 323, F23 xx Sword Flip
132, Ji2, 323, F23 xx Sword Flip
B1U2, F3, 323, F23 xx Sword Flip
...just to name a few.

Put low shots after all hard knockdowns for some extra chip damage. Replace Sword Flip with MB Quick Fire for a little more damage.

thx for the heads-up mate.
ye I also noticed 1 thing vs bane I did wrong earlier when I got this game,
basically I jumped everytime back when he did that full screen "Juggernaut push" move or whatever it is called which always caught me, but
now I just neutral jump and punish it with sword flip easily.

also vs doomsday I always try to keep my super , doomsday players tend to use that "meteor smash" move from full screen very often to get close and then I just super>this
still hella hard this MU
cant even figure out vs bad doomsday players how to get the upper hand

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
thx for the heads-up mate.
ye I also noticed 1 thing vs bane I did wrong earlier when I got this game,
basically I jumped everytime back when he did that full screen "Juggernaut push" move or whatever it is called which always caught me, but
now I just neutral jump and punish it with sword flip easily.

also vs doomsday I always try to keep my super , doomsday players tend to use that "meteor smash" move from full screen very often to get close and then I just super>this
still hella hard this MU
cant even figure out vs bad doomsday players how to get the upper hand
Dont use your super to punish the unblockable from Doomsday. If you can time it, a single dash can avoid it, and you can full combo punish. If you have the meter, go for a MB B3. It'll armor through the hit just like the super, but instead of costing all your meter, it will only cost 1. You can convert it into a combo for around 40% I believe.

im still here guys... im trying to make sinestro work but it looks like i will be returning to slade. sinestro is just to unsafe without trait :/

Redfield

Gangie
Is there yet any reason to use DS's trait? It just kind of feels like grotty ass.

The only viable opportunity to even activate it that I can find is as an [f234] combo, which to me seems like a wasted opportunity for damage or mix-up pursuits anyway.

I personally would have liked to be able to use it to bypass blocks into a full on combo with [132] since it affects his gun normals, but it's just too slow for that to be a real option, I think.

fury714

50 Shades of Grayson
Just new to the Injustice boards, thinking of maining DS. :D
1. Pro's and con's?
2. Any beginners guide? How to play him?

Thanks!

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Is there yet any reason to use DS's trait? It just kind of feels like grotty ass.

The only viable opportunity to even activate it that I can find is as an [f234] combo, which to me seems like a wasted opportunity for damage or mix-up pursuits anyway.

I personally would have liked to be able to use it to bypass blocks into a full on combo with [132] since it affects his gun normals, but it's just too slow for that to be a real option, I think.
Someone found that you could get a safe trait activation after a full screen knockdown with guns. I've been using this lately, I've yet to be truly punished for this. Once you get a full screen trait going, machine gun actually becomes useful since it hits mid and its harder to jump over. It does more damage than pistols too.

Just new to the Injustice boards, thinking of maining DS. :D
1. Pro's and con's?
2. Any beginners guide? How to play him?

Thanks!
1. Pros: Deathstroke is pretty much good at all ranged. At full screen his keepaway is pretty strong, up close he's got some surprising mixups and frame traps, and midscreen is decent with Sword Flip. He's pretty well rounded overall.

Cons: Punishable specials up close, damage isn't stellar, trait and super aren't that great.

2. Check out Aris' 50 minute video guide. It's a really good start. It's here on the Deathstroke forum somewhere, shouldnt be too hard to find.

fury714

50 Shades of Grayson
Someone found that you could get a safe trait activation after a full screen knockdown with guns. I've been using this lately, I've yet to be truly punished for this. Once you get a full screen trait going, machine gun actually becomes useful since it hits mid and its harder to jump over. It does more damage than pistols too.

1. Pros: Deathstroke is pretty much good at all ranged. At full screen his keepaway is pretty strong, up close he's got some surprising mixups and frame traps, and midscreen is decent with Sword Flip. He's pretty well rounded overall.

Cons: Punishable specials up close, damage isn't stellar, trait and super aren't that great.

2. Check out Aris' 50 minute video guide. It's a really good start. It's here on the Deathstroke forum somewhere, shouldnt be too hard to find.
Thanks! thinking of making him my 2nd after Nightwing, should be a blast! :D

whats the difference btw b3 and b3 with meter burn? it seems like both versions of it do bounce the other player into a juggle state?

Redfield

Gangie
whats the difference btw b3 and b3 with meter burn? it seems like both versions of it do bounce the other player into a juggle state?
Meter burn gives you one hit of super armor, which means you continue the attack without flinching, but you'll still take damage. Nice for escaping or counter attacking incoming telegraphed attacks and unblockables. It also works for f3

Unless you mean meter burn in a combo, in which case it just means you're spending two bars to cancel the animation of your last attack to do b3 or f3.

It's a universal feature, though, so it's not as if Deathstroke is the only one who can do it.