What's new

General/Other PLAYING TO WIN's Deathstroke Q and A

TONY-T

Mad scientist
i dont know if anyone has mentioned it yet (sorry, havent read the thread), but Deathstrokes f+2,3 on block grants you more or less a free 2,3 for extra chip. you can also buffer the sword spin after the 2,3 for an extra 3% chip that will leave you safe.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Does anyone know a combo that can lead into a transition?
you know Back and 3
not so much b3, but this one has a MB special that uses the b3 animation.. it uses 2 bars though..

uf2, 132, dash, 12~db~MB, uf3, 323, f23~df3..

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
If this is helpful for those that have problems fighting Deathstroke I posted this a lil earlier today, its mainly dealing with using a Hawgirl and Deathstroke Matchup:

Well I did a lil practice going up against these two char. last night, unfortunately the one time I needed an online opponent to pick one of these characters no one did (odd that no one would pick these so-called cheeseballs). So I ran a few single matches againts the AI and used the rec/playback function on the practice mode.

I faced DStroke a bit and I found that, right when you here the word Begin you have to instantly take control of the match and quickly get in there and not let up, if you do for even a second Dstroke will have the advantage (even the AI spams those damn gunz) I am almost on the side of those that want Dstroke nerfed a lil, but he still nowhere near on the side of unbeatable. I main Hawkgirl and during the practice sessions I rec/playbacked Dstroke spamming each variation of his guns in a random order, and there is a huge flaw in zoning Hawkgirl. There is a whole portion of the screen at full distance that he cannot even touch anything and will allow one to use an Air Mace Throw(AMT), the down side to this attack is Dstroke can jum and fire his pistols in the air. His pistols mid and low can be blocked and rushed easily, but you have to watch the timing, which is quite tricky and almost no room for error, ounce you get close enough low pokes and even uppercuts annoy him ( that was even with the AI ). His machine gun cannot be ducked, but can be blocked. Granted his power will make these attacks unblockable. This is just a match one has to be mindful of what Dstroke is going to do, if he jumps use a mid projectile, and otherwise use an attack like the ATM attack. Also Shazam has a hella fast teleport, which I assess can travel through the damn gunz(could be wrong though). Its tricky, but it can be done.

KF is chump when she gets close just be ready to low block that damn slide, the iceberg can be blocked as well, so I just don't see exactly see how anyone is able to say she is OPed. If the slide was to be nerfed KF really would have no edge over her oonent at all.

Now I understand I am still a bit on the scrubby side in the game currentlly and I still have a lot to learn, but these two characters aren't unbeatable, I do agree that Dstroke is a bit unbalanced, or it may be he has so much balance that its unbalanced. His zoning though still has flaws that can be exploited and sure Dstroke can dish exactly up close as what he can do at a distance, but if you play smartly and watch closely he can be beaten.

This is just my analysis sorry for legnthy post. Instead of us all arguing over who is OPed and needs nerfing, we should all be working together in figuring out how to beat these cahracters, if they use cheese then you use cheese as well... I remember when everyone yelled the day MK9 came out abou Lao, Mileena, and Raiden and as time went by they became chumps and not just through nerfs alone. so with this said lets all share our ways to deal with these characters.

-I forgot to mention that if one can and they use Hawkgirl use the MB with her mace trows to close the gap when facing Dstroke-

Hope some of find it helpful

Breaker

~AKUMA~
I'm making a Deathstroke Tutorial for beginners. Max BnB's, pressure set-ups, 50-50s. and the F3 Vortex

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I'm making a Deathstroke Tutorial for beginners. Max BnB's, pressure set-ups, 50-50s. and the F3 Vortex
Its good you guys are doing this, because right now everyone thinks his nothing but a zoner, which my time goofing with him showed me he is even more evil up close in melee

Amadeous

Noob
Hello, I'm new here and I want to play a serious Deathstroke (wanted to main him before release). I come from a fighting game background and look forward to talking with you all.

I was wondering, what is the best way to play a Deathstroke mirror?

Obanye

Obanye - Bay Area - PSN
Does his wakeup flip sword have invincibility frames and if so how many ~. ?

What's the ideal way to get in from full screen when facing him?

How can you avoid this meter burn rocket shot?

Thanks for any and all replies.

Hello, I'm new here and I want to play a serious Deathstroke (wanted to main him before release). I come from a fighting game background and look forward to talking with you all.

I was wondering, what is the best way to play a Deathstroke mirror?
your go to here is low gunshot... if you are full screen do not try machine gun unless you create a gap. low gunshot goes under high shot and creates a frame trap situation if it lands. avoid insta air gunshots unless you read a jump. punish sword flip with a sword flip of your own if you are not the best at combos yet.

Does his wakeup flip sword have invincibility frames and if so how many ~. ?

What's the ideal way to get in from full screen when facing him?

How can you avoid this meter burn rocket shot?

Thanks for any and all replies.
his sword flip has 1-2 frames of inv on wake up only. some characters have flat out stuffed it like aquaman bc his trident does not have a hit box. i saw a doomsday air grab death stroke out of it one time. explore you characters options. honestly... block it is not safe and can be punished for huge damage.

ideal way to get it falls on footsies. a dash up grab works nice at half screen distance if you conditioned them with guns. getting in should not be hard as that is what you opponent is trying to do the entire match. when facing a DS you literally need to walk you way in as gunshots do not have push back. beware of meter burn gunshots as it will throw off the rhythm of you getting in . DO NOT JUMP!

block the meter burn rocket by stand blocking. if you are crouch blocking it will hit you as an over head

Amadeous

Noob
your go to here is low gunshot... if you are full screen do not try machine gun unless you create a gap. low gunshot goes under high shot and creates a frame trap situation if it lands. avoid insta air gunshots unless you read a jump. punish sword flip with a sword flip of your own if you are not the best at combos yet.
Thank you very much!

What is the best strategy to have for the Deathstroke mirror match?
rush down... bait out a sword flip and punish with your own.

LOW GUN SHOTS... just like greatness said.. your go to is low show. if you ahve the life lead just spam it... even if it trades. try to get adv by jumping over gunshots when your opponent has no meter.

deathstroke wins this match 10-0 lol

i have not forgetten about this thread.. i am exploring other characters but ds has all the tools for a zoner so far.

a zoner in this game will have to have a way to keep people out of the air...

guys.... i want to be clear. death stroke is the Dhalsim of this game... he is going to have really good and really bad matchups. better learn a few other characters

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Fought a few DS mirrors with Zer0 Hunt3r yesterday. Low shot is definitely your go-to attack. About 90% of everything you do should be low shot. Do not be afraid to spam it.

Never be the first one to Sword Flip. The first Flip always seems to get blocked and punished.

This match is mostly about life-leads and chip damage.

I use only sword flip as an anti air tactic and nothing els, And who ever has the lead defiantly has the advantage. Its always good to have a strong mix-up game so you can get that advantage back. And if you predict a gun shot. Do a neutral jump, land, then do low gun shot. Seems to work all the time with me.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Deathstroke mirrors are actually very entertaining to me. Reminds me a LOT of Guile mirrors. It's a game of inches and the slightest life lead. Very patient, read-heavy fight.