What's new

Player 1 has host advantage

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
I wonder will KT Smith try to Ignore this as well, and pass it off like its not a problem also.

As apparently we are ''still obsessing over bullshit'', as if its not a big deal.

And in my opinion, this game still has a few things to be fixed and balanced, But, your not allowed to have a problem with anything in the game anymore, it's not cool, your just supposed to shut up and get rammed by it.

MKK hanzo

Paulo once posted here that it starts off random and then switches back and forth every 10 frames. You're positive that's not the case?
So...this game that was labeled as "competitive" and serious... Is bouncing randomly during matches? No wonder such crazy and inconsistent stuff happens all the time.

Ninja edit: wait, this could be linked to the input bug somehow?

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
So...this game that was labeled as "competitive" and serious... Is bouncing randomly during matches? No wonder such crazy and inconsistent stuff happens all the time.

Ninja edit: wait, this could be linked to the input bug somehow?

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk
how can this have anything to do with the input bug? it happens on both player sides doing any down command, whether it connects with the opponent or not.

cgerrr

Tourney id: Gfc_alekS
Hmm.

How many times have you guys been in a match and you've uppercutted at the same time as your opponent but no one gets hit, you just see both characters doing the uppercut animation?

Well if this claim is true, surely shouldn't P1 ALWAYS win?
d.2 is a high crash which hits high.

Flagg

Noob
d.2 is a high crush which hits high.
What has that got to do with anything? The OP is saying that if you both do a move at the same time, then P1 will always have advantage. I'm not convinced, because if it was true, if im player 2 and I uppercut at the same time as player 1, providing we have the same frames for the uppercut, I should always lose.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
What has that got to do with anything? The OP is saying that if you both do a move at the same time, then P1 will always have advantage. I'm not convinced, because if it was true, if im player 2 and I uppercut at the same time as player 1, providing we have the same frames for the uppercut, I should always lose.

Yea, but if you're both starting low and reaching up high I can see that whiffing. Maybe he is talking about doing a overhead and someone doing a overhead as well and p1 gets it? Fuck if I know, we need more answers.

cgerrr

Tourney id: Gfc_alekS
I suggest you to google "high crash" term and watch "MK hit levels 101": I'm to lazy to explain really.

Edit: grammar.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
The thing is, when you're uppercutting, you're in a duck state, which is why you can uppercut through(under) projectiles. If you're both in a duck state using a move that hits high, how will anybody hit anybody?

Flagg

Noob
Yea, but if you're both starting low and reaching up high I can see that whiffing. Maybe he is talking about doing a overhead and someone doing a overhead as well and p1 gets it? Fuck if I know, we need more answers.
What I gather, he is saying if you both try to land a 6 frame move on each other at execute at the same time, Player 1 will always win and im not convinced that is true. There are no trades in this game remember?

Okay, both Quan Chi and Cage have a 7 frame uppercut. I have personally been in matches where we both go for a uppercut at the same time, and neither hits, you just see the animation. According to this "discovery", surely that would mean player 1 would win that exchange.

Flagg

Noob
The thing is, when you're uppercutting, you're in a duck state, which is why you can uppercut through(under) projectiles. If you're both in a duck state using a move that hits high, how will anybody hit anybody?
That's my point exactly. That's why no one hits. But the OP is saying that Player 1 always has priority if you both throw a move at the same time. So that's everything, except for uppercuts and Kung Lao moves?

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
What I gather, he is saying if you both try to land a 6 frame move on each other at execute at the same time, Player 1 will always win and im not convinced that is true. There are no trades in this game remember?

Okay, both Quan Chi and Cage have a 7 frame uppercut. I have personally been in matches where we both go for a uppercut at the same time, and neither hits, you just see the animation. According to this "discovery", surely that would mean player 1 would win that exchange.

I don't think 2 players doing the same "high" move counts. How can you uppercut someone who is uppercutting...dammit none of this makes since. I'm calling shenanigans.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
That's my point exactly. That's why no one hits. But the OP is saying that Player 1 always has priority if you both throw a move at the same time. So that's everything, except for uppercuts and Kung Lao moves?
I guess I don't understand your question, then. There's no priority to be had when the move would whiff anyways.