What's new

Player 1 has host advantage

My thoughts exactly.
Somberness would have had to do a lot of repeats of this to be able to say KL spins are the only exception. You mean to tell me that he wouldn't get at least one occasion where player 2 won out if it were random? Somberness should go to vegas with that luck.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Before everyone gets into a frenzy and starts blaming all their losses and miss timed moves on this statement, just wait till this is explored more. I've been player 1 and have lost trades. And vice versa

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G with Beats Audio using Tapatalk

Reneketon

Buyback, cos I'm mad
If this is just for online and not offline, then meh. This really needs to be changed for the next game either way. RP and host priority are both ass.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
I'll wait for further elaboration, but if true, this is really lame.

NRS has a laundry list of things that gotta go for next game and it seems to keep piling up for them and us. Input bug, random advantage,this, meter glitching etc.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
according to Check this was balanced by the second player recovering faster defensively.

Player 1 has offensive advantage, Player 2 has defensive advantage.

Or it could be the case where it randomly switches every frame and it just happened that Somberness got a ton of player 1 wins in a row.

who knows.
So if I'm Player 1, I go Cyrax, and if I'm Player 2, I go Sub-Zero.

This game seriously can't go 2 friggin' weeks without something new and terrible being found out -_-;

Thank you, master Somberness. Would definitely explain a lot if it's definitive and true.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I'll wait for further elaboration, but if true, this is really lame.

NRS has a laundry list of things that gotta go for next game and it seems to keep piling up for them and us. Input bug, random advantage,this, meter glitching etc.
It`s like when an independant band releases their first album, and it`s so good and full of so much heart. But the vocalist occasionally hit an off note. And there`s a little clipping in the bass track. And there`s a song or two where the drummer gets slightly off beat. All these little things that don`t effect your enjoyment of the experience at first because the album is just so damn good. But as time goes on, you can`t hear the album without noticing all those mistakes and it starts to bug the hell out of you and the heart of the project becomes buried by the technical issues. And then you just have to say, "It was an awesome effort. Now I can`t wait to see how they`re gonna follow it up now that they`ve learned so much."

The guys who made the game and actually have a love for what they do, they can`t be happy about the mistakes they`ve made. If they get another shot, damn sure they`re gonna make sure this doesn`t happen again. It`s the first time they`ve had a major community behind them demanding quality.

Somberness

Lights
according to Check this was balanced by the second player recovering faster defensively.

Player 1 has offensive advantage, Player 2 has defensive advantage.

Or it could be the case where it randomly switches every frame and it just happened that Somberness got a ton of player 1 wins in a row.

who knows.
Player 1 won every situation except with Kung Lao's spin attacks out of about 50 looks at it. Spin vs spin seems random but everything else sure isn't. The defensive thing is not true.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Before everyone gets into a frenzy and starts blaming all their losses and miss timed moves on this statement, just wait till this is explored more. I've been player 1 and have lost trades. And vice versa

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G with Beats Audio using Tapatalk
NO. If I can't blame my losses on player 1 host advantage/meter drain/random advantage/input bug/komplete edition/damage exploits then what am I supposed to do?

NariTuba

disMember
we need further explanation... but this sounds sooo stupid, THE single most significant feature against this game being tournament viable. I hope youre wrong dude.

Player 1 won every situation except with Kung Lao's spin attacks out of about 50 looks at it. Spin vs spin seems random but everything else sure isn't. The defensive thing is not true.
how did you test this? did you use a computer assist to get the inputs down to the frame?

What all was tested? specials beat normals, so if it was spin vs D1 then yeah spin would win on either side. What about spin vs elbow dash (reptile)?

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
It`s like when an independant band releases their first album, and it`s so good and full of so much heart. But the vocalist occasionally hit an off note. And there`s a little clipping in the bass track. And there`s a song or two where the drummer gets slightly off beat. All these little things that don`t effect your enjoyment of the experience at first because the album is just so damn good. But as time goes on, you can`t hear the album without noticing all those mistakes and it starts to bug the hell out of you and the heart of the project becomes buried by the technical issues. And then you just have to say, "It was an awesome effort. Now I can`t wait to see how they`re gonna follow it up now that they`ve learned so much."

The guys who made the game and actually have a love for what they do, they can`t be happy about the mistakes they`ve made. If they get another shot, damn sure they`re gonna make sure this doesn`t happen again. It`s the first time they`ve had a major community behind them demanding quality.
Couldn't agree more, I have full confidence in their ability to improve on the game. They spent the entire time before and after game release trying to balance the game around community feedback and trying to deliver as much fan service as possible. As long as they keep this engine and simply remove and refine it, I have no doubt they'll put out a near perfect product next game. This game definitely had its heart in the right place and for a first very serious effort, they did very well.

Somberness

Lights
Practice mode shows the inputs and 1 vs 1 I can tell by the animation, had to check that to be sure. I tested elbow dash and it follows the same rule although I did not test it vs. spin. Yeah, maybe I am just unlucky.

aj1701

Noob
So its this online only out offline too? I'm assuming online only because offline theres only ever one host.

bipolar_shango

" Bros before Hoes"
Somberness would have had to do a lot of repeats of this to be able to say KL spins are the only exception. You mean to tell me that he wouldn't get at least one occasion where player 2 won out if it were random? Somberness should go to vegas with that luck.
People on this site love jumping to conclusions. You can test it 50 times and get P1 then on number 51 get P2. That is why in my first post i asked "How did you test this". If NRS said it is random, i'll go with that until Somberness can actually prove his claim. As of now that's what it is 'a claim'. Unless colt can confirm that P1 has advantage.

Matix218

Get over here!
I would have been happier not knowing this (if it indeed turns out to be accurate)... I guess at all future tournaments we now will have to coin flip for p1 position or something...