What's new

Guide Pig's Presents Sinestro Strategy Guide On How To Dominate The World

SevenSeas

I'm a big guy, for you.
Post held for Tom Brady to tell everyone to buy the guide since he wrote the Sinestro portion of it...

In all serious, excellent work Pig. I learned a lot just by reading it. Can't wait to see it grow and evolve as the game does :)
Its excellent work, but also depressing work.

At this point, I pray that Tom Brady busts in, and tells us this is all wrong and Sinestro is great.

Skitzo

Noob
111 is now - 8 :(

I can't even connect the axe after jip3

edit: never mind, has to be done at max height but even then it launches them too far to connect 11shackles

Dayvo

My english it's not good
You know what? Fuck this tier shit. Fuck these tier lists. I like Sinestro, and I'll play Sinestro. I don't care if I lose.

I might get buffed in the future, who knows.
You have my respects sir.

Sinestro is one of the characters that I want to give a try. And not because he is "holyfuckIcan'tdoanythingagainsthim". It's because he IS THE F***ING SINESTRO!!!

Maybe he has bad tools right now, but maybe you can try him, and get really satisfying wins with him

Been enjoying my time with sinestro right now. Its not easy though. I seem to struggle when people get in close but I guess thats what everyone is having issues with by the looks on frame data and lack of fast reversals.

I just wanted to ask a few questions regarding sinestro and I hope this thread is the place to do so :).

1). spacing game! I'm new to zoning characters the only ones ive really tried are Mu12 from blazblue which I really dont play often as it's not really my type of game. How does everyone approach this? right now I try to get to fullscreen as fast as possible. and then i throw fireballs to try and force a jump for db2. However this doesnt seem to work all the time. What way should i approach zoning in a strategic way? I dont wanna be that guy who guys shoots random fireballs and wins. I want to make sure i'm approaching it correclty is all.

2). Trait. is it worth charging this over combo's when shackles are on? when do people usually try and charge a trait?

3). Wake up? do I just block? frame data doesnt look promising for df2 and it hits high? so it doesnt allways land :(

I hope these arent annoying or pre asked questions that I should know allready. Just wanna make sure im doing to sinestro corps justice! I really cant seem to combo online. my b13 into b3 just doesnt land at all online ><

Thanks in advance to those that can help me out with this.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
SomeCubanGuy

GGS last night, whats the bnb version you are using with the f2d1 ender?

Also when you have your trait out do more f2d1 shackes (if blocked low) trait to make safe. I despise mirrors so i never picked sinestro except once when you had aquaman which i think is an awful mu lol

ggs

Pig Of The Hut

Been enjoying my time with sinestro right now. Its not easy though. I seem to struggle when people get in close but I guess thats what everyone is having issues with by the looks on frame data and lack of fast reversals.

I just wanted to ask a few questions regarding sinestro and I hope this thread is the place to do so :).

1). spacing game! I'm new to zoning characters the only ones ive really tried are Mu12 from blazblue which I really dont play often as it's not really my type of game. How does everyone approach this? right now I try to get to fullscreen as fast as possible. and then i throw fireballs to try and force a jump for db2. However this doesnt seem to work all the time. What way should i approach zoning in a strategic way? I dont wanna be that guy who guys shoots random fireballs and wins. I want to make sure i'm approaching it correclty is all.

2). Trait. is it worth charging this over combo's when shackles are on? when do people usually try and charge a trait?

3). Wake up? do I just block? frame data doesnt look promising for df2 and it hits high? so it doesnt allways land :(

I hope these arent annoying or pre asked questions that I should know allready. Just wanna make sure im doing to sinestro corps justice! I really cant seem to combo online. my b13 into b3 just doesnt land at all online ><

Thanks in advance to those that can help me out with this.
I would recommend walking back slightly at first because if your opponent jumps on you then d2 shackles or d2 fireball works well as sinestro has one of the best AAs in the game.

Trait is extremely worth it because now all your unsafe moves and strings become safe and i think as we sinestro players move on I think we're going to find out that w trait f2d13 is a jewl but using f2d1 (hits low) shackles into combo but if blocked then trait to make safe. There are options here i need to explore.

Wake ups are horrible but i wanted to point out to SomeCubanGuy i talked to paulo and he confirmed Arachnid df2 being a high is a GLITCH/BUG it should be a mid so that will change but idk if its -30 or whatever will change.

I would recommend walking back slightly at first because if your opponent jumps on you then d2 shackles or d2 fireball works well as sinestro has one of the best AAs in the game.

Trait is extremely worth it because now all your unsafe moves and strings become safe and i think as we sinestro players move on I think we're going to find out that w trait f2d13 is a jewl but using f2d1 (hits low) shackles into combo but if blocked then trait to make safe. There are options here i need to explore.

Wake ups are horrible but i wanted to point out to SomeCubanGuy i talked to paulo and he confirmed Arachnid df2 being a high is a GLITCH/BUG it should be a mid so that will change but idk if its -30 or whatever will change.
Cool beans thanks for the reply. I presume the anti air is the meteor? or is it df2? im sure it's the metoer but i best check XD I'll be sure to charge the trait when I can and get some more practice in. I've been doing very well online so far with him.

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
Pig Of The Hut

It's B13, B3, J3, B12~Shackles, J2, F2D13. Does 33% on it's own and automatic full screen. Best one I've found so far.

Definitely ggs last night, we need to play again soon. Didn't realize I could actually be outzoned by Nightwing. His space control with Staff is amazing. We gotta run that MU more, it's a fun one.

Pig Of The Hut

Pig Of The Hut

It's B13, B3, J3, B12~Shackles, J2, F2D13. Does 33% on it's own and automatic full screen. Best one I've found so far.

Definitely ggs last night, we need to play again soon. Didn't realize I could actually be outzoned by Nightwing. His space control with Staff is amazing. We gotta run that MU more, it's a fun one.
Yea that definitely seems like his goto BNB so far, i stopped trying w b12 - good shit man !!!

I love NW and need to keep playing MUs w him, i want to excel better in his first stance. You're right though even against deathstroke and aquaman NW bow db2 is amazing as well as his aa B1 , hella dumb range :) youd like him

Lets us bring sinestro to light together :)

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
I'm fine with it being unsafe and that's good it's supposed to be a mid, I just wish the startup was faster so we can actually use it as a viable wakeup. In its current state it gets stuffed 99% of the time.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
I'm fine with it being unsafe and that's good it's supposed to be a mid, I just wish the startup was faster so we can actually use it as a viable wakeup. In its current state it gets stuffed 99% of the time.
If you are looking for the fastest starting wake up attack that is his projectile and if you use MB version it will push them back far enough to be safe against most of the cast. It is his best wake up attack option if the opponent is really close. If they are far enough away they can jump the projectile and start a combo. Arachnid is slow starting but the second hit of the MB version is unblockable. So if you can get them accustomed to blocking the projectile then the MB arachnid will most likely get them if they are close. Point being is that sinestro has to use meter during wake up to even be reasonability safe. I use most my meter for wake up attacks and it seems to the best use of it IMO.

I've just been getting 3 -> shackles, albeit extremely inconsistently. Anyone got any tips on how to time it? If I do the inputs too early shackles actually seems to take longer to come out.

Why is it so hard to cancel into shackles?
Specifically, why have they made it a linked move not an actual cancel? So annoying.

And why can't i MB rock when i cancel into it?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Pig Of The Hut Some food for thought. If Sinestro's trait is active, and he uses something like the dumpster in Gotham(It bounces the opponent a bit) could he find a way to turn this into a combo?

Can he use his trait at all while interacting with stage hazards? He could be incredibly dangerous if he can do these kinds of things. :)

Not able to get to a PS3 ATM, will try later tonight. You're also more than welcome to hit me up on PSN. :) Evil_PandasXD

Pig Of The Hut

Pig Of The Hut Some food for thought. If Sinestro's trait is active, and he uses something like the dumpster in Gotham(It bounces the opponent a bit) could he find a way to turn this into a combo?

Can he use his trait at all while interacting with stage hazards? He could be incredibly dangerous if he can do these kinds of things. :)

Not able to get to a PS3 ATM, will try later tonight. You're also more than welcome to hit me up on PSN. :) Evil_PandasXD
Yea definitely

I'm working on video guide but I've had no time

It's coming

Reactions: RYX

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Yea definitely

I'm working on video guide but I've had no time

It's coming
So much hype

I need to set up my capture card ;_; Haven't had time to learn Sin since I've been REALLY focused on getting good with Bane, but this weekend is when I teach people the meaning of fear. ;)