What's new

Guide Pig's Presents Sinestro Strategy Guide On How To Dominate The World

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I don't have a way to play yet, but I'll have the game on the 17th. Even though I don't know what the actual moves and strings are that are mentioned here, I'm still reading this intensely to get the theory in my head. I'm a bit behind a lot of you guys, and it takes me quite a while to adapt to a new system, but I'm quite inspired. You have the Science on your side.

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime
Based Pig Of The Hut! Oh virtuous lord of my two favourite characters! Thank you for that Sinestro write up. Please make a Joker write up too!

Crathen

Death is my business
Lol
Mind that I'm not saying that she plays like guile, I really meant low number of special like how guile has only sonic booms and somersault

REYTHEGREAT

and here i though Sinestro was top 5 already. I wonder who is hmm..Im sure Pignestro will have a great run with Sinestro.

Zachara

Noob
Through my playing I have to agree with the consesus. You can tell you're getting away with stuff just because people don't know better. One of my friends plays Doomsday and was telling me Sinestro is OP because I could zone and a couple of combos. After 10-15 games he realised how unsafe Sinestro is and that was that.

On a slightly different note is B13 unsafe? It seems safe and the numbers said it was... may have been pre patch when I checked though. If it is safe I have a feeling that he's going to be using that a whole lot (The range and the fact it leads to a full combo).

Like others still going to main him no matter what state he ends up in... Just would be nice if he was in the top 33%. :)

EDIT - ji2 b13 ji2 d1 shackles b3 ji2 b213 This combo... I've been going the same except the d1. I was using 22 instead. Does it make a difference? I was thinking meterbuilding off of the two hits is better. Am I mising something?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Through my playing I have to agree with the consesus. You can tell you're getting away with stuff just because people don't know better. One of my friends plays Doomsday and was telling me Sinestro is OP because I could zone and a couple of combos. After 10-15 games he realised how unsafe Sinestro is and that was that.

On a slightly different note is B13 unsafe? It seems safe and the numbers said it was... may have been pre patch when I checked though. If it is safe I have a feeling that he's going to be using that a whole lot (The range and the fact it leads to a full combo).

Like others still going to main him no matter what state he ends up in... Just would be nice if he was in the top 33%. :)

EDIT - ji2 b13 ji2 d1 shackles b3 ji2 b213 This combo... I've been going the same except the d1. I was using 22 instead. Does it make a difference? I was thinking meterbuilding off of the two hits is better. Am I mising something?
Day 1 patch ( not the leaked version) b13 is -10

Made me cry

You guys think he was unsafe in leaked version????? Oh boi

yea sinestro is NOT top anymore :(

SevenSeas

I'm a big guy, for you.
Surely you're selling him short?

Sinestro seems like hes build around his trait, like a Green Arrow or a Bane.

Surely the trait shouldn't be used for random pokes when zoning, but rather to make his unsafe strings safe, and allow an opponent to respect your strings, and to give him wakeup options? I know his trait doesn't disappear on knockdown, so I don't see why you can't use arachnic on wakeup and make it safe with the trait.

Surely the trait shouldn't be used for random pokes when zoning, but rather to make his unsafe strings safe, and allow an opponent to respect your strings, and to give him wakeup options? I know his trait doesn't disappear on knockdown, so I don't see why you can't use arachnic on wakeup and make it safe with the trait.
As someone who hasnt played the game yet I hadnt even considred this but it sounds like a very solid idea for the trait. Most likely what it was for. Hopefully when I get hold of the game I can help in finding good things for sinestro :)

Skitzo

Noob

If you look at the guide, it does says you can use the trait to make things unsafe, like strings, safe

So......

SevenSeas

I'm a big guy, for you.
If you look at the guide, it does says you can use the trait to make things unsafe, like strings, safe

So......
Which is why I was confused. He talks about him being super weak for no wake ups, but he has a way to counter that. He says its a weakness that his strings are unsafe, but he was a way to counter that.

If theres a way around a problem, I don't see why the problem, should be such a big problem. Its like you've listed a positive, and a negative, but are only seeing the negative.

dittO

Noob
I haven't checked every character yet, but Sinestro's future seems uncertain in this game...
I really hope my initial impressions of his normal pokes/strings will be wrong. Since I think I own an outdated version of the game I'm expecting that some things will probably change for the better of course, once any future patch is applied.
- About half of his normals start hitting high...
- The rest are either unsafe or they whiff at a very annoying rate.
Either way, I spotted some of his attack strings as my favourites (which of course may not be in my final fave-list since some properties may change):
Roughly these involve: 1,1,2 (fast) - b1,3 or b1,2 (range) - f2...etc series (pushback) - 3 (safety) - 2...etc series (variety)
- Almost all of his specials have huge recovery frames hurting his zoning game pretty badly and are extremely punishable on block.
- Also his throw deals only 9%...I thought every character deals 11 or 12?
Now some good news:
- His best move right now is Jumping 1. PERIOD. This move's active frames last till tomorrow!
- Nice d2
- Good walkspeed. I haven't checked how fast everyone goes, but he seems to be moving at an above average speed.
- His trait seems good...or rather annoying for the opponent. However, I haven't really grasped so far the essence of actually effectively using it. It's not THAT good though, since you have to work really hard in order to use it and even If it comes out, don't expect to be winning the match instantly...

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Post held for Tom Brady to tell everyone to buy the guide since he wrote the Sinestro portion of it...

In all serious, excellent work Pig. I learned a lot just by reading it. Can't wait to see it grow and evolve as the game does :)