What's new

Pick your perfect 5 (and 2 least)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I'm a defensive player, i enjoy playing footsies and a lot of spacing, i have the habit of countering everything, by often let them try to throw their options at me while i block everything or avoid everything while finding a hole which is unusual to most ppl to punish unless ppl are looking for it, so consistency among a good defense is what my characters are always about. Don't really care much about damage or mixups or strong wakeups if he/she is strong in the neutral.

Most
1. Mobility
2. Safety
3. Anti-airs
4. Pressure
5. Meterbuild

Least
1.Fast Normals
2. Counter Zone

Daigo said it pretty well, although some ppl play to win, what most ppl look for these days is a character they can find interesting, if that character doesn't hold anything into to keep you interested in, you will just move into the next one.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I'm a defensive player, i enjoy playing footsies and a lot of spacing, i have the habit of countering everything, by often let them try to throw their options at me while i block everything or avoid everything while finding a hole which is unusual to most ppl to punish unless ppl are looking for it, so consistency among a good defense is what my characters are always about. Don't really care much about damage or mixups or strong wakeups if he/she is strong in the neutral.

Most
1. Mobility
2. Safety
3. Anti-airs
4. Pressure
5. Meterbuild

Least
1.Fast Normals
2. Counter Zone

Daigo said it pretty well, although some ppl play to win, what most ppl look for these days is a character they can find interesting, if that character doesn't hold anything into to keep you interested in, you will just move into the next one.
Hey kind of cheating with covering yourself with all option with the paragraph before , but I'll give you a pass Mr.Wang :p

1. Command Grabs
2. Mix ups
3. Wake Up
4. Damage
5. Okizeme

Least
1. Zone
2. Set Ups
This one is the most different one I've seen

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Bro your rules to make this list is too confusing for me.
It was either short and sweet

But with nobody following it correctly, trolling and looking for any loopholes so they can speak out about

Or

Long and overly detailed

But get a lot less of that shit As I have all there asses checkmated :p

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Hey kind of cheating with covering yourself with all option with the paragraph before , but I'll give you a pass Mr.Wang :p

This one is the most different one I've seen
You made the rules, not me lol.

Besides, pretty sure if my character has a really solid neutral he needs to be weakened when he is knocked down.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
1. Range - I don't want to have to get in their strike zone in order to play my offense and helps with whiff punishes
2. Safety - It's important for me to force the opponent to catch me making a mistake than my character being open
3. Anti-Air - I consider this full screen air control. Controllable projectiles or like Kung Jin's up kick on hard read jumps. Long range plus air control, I want to control the screen.
4. Mobility - being able to get out of trouble helps greatly
5. Zoning - I want to be able to keep my opponent in an area if I can.

Least important
1. Command Grabs are lame
2. Mids - maybe it's because I didn't have a good mid starter in MKX at all with KJ...this may change if I get spoiled with one in I2 lol

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Most important:
1. Aerial - everyone here likes to jump, quit lying
2. Mids - fuck ppl mashing down pokes
3. Pressure - feels great to open someone up the "traditional" way
4. Mobility - bad movement can be a killer
5. Safety - don't want to be punished for everything I do

Least important:
1. Command grabs - never seriously played a grappler
2. Damage - prefer neutral over 1 touch kill

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
For me, it's changed a lot over time. Used to almost exclusively play zoning characters, but now I like a character that slowly walks you down into the corner and never lets you out.

I prefer:
1. Anti air
2. Range
3. Pressure
4. Command grabs
5. Set ups

Don't care for:
1. Zoning
2. Mix ups

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Most - Combos and Command Grabs

Least - Zoning and Footsies