What's new

Pick your perfect 5 (and 2 least)

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I'll be honest with you, I pick my characters based on their looks and how cool their moveset seems to me, and then adapt to the gameplay that lies behind. Not following your list I know, but that's how I do it.
liar, you just want your character to be annoying.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
1) Mobility
2) Mids
3) Fast normals
4) Counterzoning
5) Safety

1) Command grabs
2) Damage

Mids is a bit subjective though. I personally look for good buttons in general that tick a lot of boxes more so than strictly if it's a mid or not, they just happen to also be mids lol.

Damage may also be disputed in the respect that I don't care if a character does big damage but I still like to have at least 1 full combo option meterless. You definitely would see me play someone like Commando Kano or Lackey F/T :p

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
1) Mobility
2) Mids
3) Fast normals
4) Counterzoning
5) Safety

1) Command grabs
2) Damage

Mids is a bit subjective though. I personally look for good buttons in general that tick a lot of boxes more so than strictly if it's a mid or not, they just happen to also be mids lol.

Damage may also be disputed in the respect that I don't care if a character does big damage but I still like to have at least 1 full combo option meterless. You definitely would see me play someone like Commando Kano or Lackey F/T :p
Yeah I think having mids, Fast normals and safety definitely cover you for the good button spectrum

But on to your point that's why I put in "Note 3" now as your options kind of compliment and in way blend around each other

Look at it like a Potato (yes for you Strykie)
And then look at oil, they are both seoerate things
But when you put them to together you get chips(fries) almost a total different entity lol

Last edited:

IrishMantis

Was going to edit and put metetbuild and chip as the same thing but it's a bit late now so we just roll lol

Plus I can't think of a short correct term for it
Hmmm maybe "block gains"

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Yeah I think having mids, Fast normals and safety definitely cover you for the good button spectrum

But on to your point that's why I put in "Note 3" now as your options kind of compliment and in way blend around each other

Look at it like a Potato (yes for you Strykie)
And then look at oi,l they are both seoerate things
But when you put them to together you get chips(fries) almost a total different entity lol
Appropriate choice of analogy lol but yeah that's fair.

YUZU_RZA

Aftershock | Crystalline | Metallic
Let's go luke, remember that you owne me 3 corona at Yuzu Cup II !!

Most
1 - Mobility
2 - Pressure
3 - Zoning
4 - set ups
5 - mids

Least

- Cmd Grabs
- Range

IrishMantis

Let's go luke, remember that you owne me 3 corona at Yuzu Cup II !!

Most
1 - Mobility
2 - Pressure
3 - Zoning
4 - set ups
5 - mids

Least

- Cmd Grabs
- Range
I'm a man of my word

I just need to find a room buddy next

On topic nevermind same order I love how no body has the same list yet

I need to go out more

IrishMantis

lol I can't wait to see who the first poor fucker to say Aerial in his top 5 but whoever he/she is deserves respect for breaking the ice

IrishMantis

1. Pressure
2. Safety
3. Mids
4. Damage
5. Mixups

1. Wakeups
2. Meterbuild

EDIT: To clarify, by pressure I don't just mean being in someones face, I also mean conditioning someone to be scared of pressing a button and forcing them to pressure themselves.
Yeah that's basically what I have Pressure defined as in the spoiler section :p