What's new

People who work/worked/Tested for NRS, who did you think was going to be the best in the game?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Doomsday's trait had a 9 second cd, IIRC, lasted 6 seconds and his B1 was +10f on block. Also i think his regular venom was +f on block and his MB Venom was +20f on block, but i m not 100% sure.
d1~Venom was a block infinite in beta and it wasn't fixed until I left.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
we know frame data guyse

puts a +7 move cancelable from a 7f move
Well, the game wasn't finished and they hadn't gone through every move yet... but it was frustrating how we told them about it day 1 and it wasn't changed for over a week ;_;

But when you have a priority list with thousands of bugs and fixes that have to be done, things like this are not a priority because they can be changed after the game is released with a simple hotfix.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Well, the game wasn't finished and they hadn't gone through every move yet... but it was frustrating how we told them about it day 1 and it wasn't changed for over a week ;_;

But when you have a priority list with thousands of bugs and fixes that have to be done, things like this are not a priority because they can be changed after the game is released with a simple hotfix.
shows the lack of basic logic

hey guys, venom is frametrap at +7

meanwhile nobody asked if hed be as slow as grundy??

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
shows the lack of basic logic

hey guys, venom is frametrap at +7

meanwhile nobody asked if hed be as slow as grundy??
No...

When you have thousands of things to add into the game, you put them in with cookie cutter data so the game doesn't crash and moves work as they are expected... you then later tweak the data and make it work how you want.

If you worked on every single thing to perfection when you added it into the game, you would be wasting precious time in getting the game as a whole finished on time. Things like hit/block stun are very easy to fix and are not a priority when you are trying to get your game out by the deadline which was literally weeks away at the time I was there.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
No...

When you have thousands of things to add into the game, you put them in with cookie cutter data so the game doesn't crash and moves work as they are expected... you then later tweak the data and make it work how you want.

If you worked on every single thing to perfection when you added it into the game, you would be wasting precious time in getting the game as a whole finished on time. Things like hit/block stun are very easy to fix and are not a priority when you are trying to get your game out by the deadline which was literally weeks away at the time I was there.
i cant understand how when making a fighting game the first thing you look at not being special move and fastest moves frame data

even with cookie cutter builds, does a move that is +7 and cancellable from pokes go by unnoticed?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
i cant understand how when making a fighting game the first thing you look at not being special move and fastest moves frame data

even with cookie cutter builds, does a move that is +7 and cancellable from pokes go by unnoticed?
It's not important at that stage of development. When things like supers are not finished and special moves still need to be put into the game, the only thing that's important when you put in any move (normal, special, whatever) is that is works and doesn't crash the game.

Tweaking frame data, damage, hit/block stun, etc are all done dead last.

And it wasn't unnoticed, they knew about it but was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down on the "bug fix" list.

AYSAMO

Mortal

wow dude sounds like you should be running NRS.