What's new

General/Other - Takeda People always bashing Takeda?

Do you think takeda is a cheap character?

• Yes

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Hell no!

Votes: 57 83.8%

• Total voters

Zyos

Zyos aka Mr Mix ya Girl
As some of you know i went up to shangs fight night with King and Kind jr, having so many good players in 1 place i was looking forward to grinding it out.

What i came away with is takeda will be extremely hard to do well with in a tournament setting you have to take alot of risk everywhere and most of the time they dont. Detroit ballins sub zero, for example was painful once he gets you in the corner your done.

But if anyone has questions as far as high level offline play is with him just ask but i will end with, even though the game was new i didnt run into any top players that couldnt get it and once they're in your screwed.

meanestrage

Co-Founder of Kick Punch Block!
As some of you know i went up to shangs fight night with King and Kind jr, having so many good players in 1 place i was looking forward to grinding it out.

What i came away with is takeda will be extremely hard to do well with in a tournament setting you have to take alot of risk everywhere and most of the time they dont. Detroit ballins sub zero, for example was painful once he gets you in the corner your done.

But if anyone has questions as far as high level offline play is with him just ask but i will end with, even though the game was new i didnt run into any top players that couldnt get it and once they're in your screwed.
have you found a way to get out of corners? I have been trying to figure that out and i have no answers lol (shirai ryu)

meanestrage

Co-Founder of Kick Punch Block!
Make the right read and wake up ex teleport out lol other than that...ur gonna be holding a lot....or do what I do...nj2 haha
lmao i hold it all the time, tried wake up ex bf+2, ex db+3 etc.....i get stuffed by everything in the corner

lmao i hold it all the time, tried wake up ex bf+2, ex db+3 etc.....i get stuffed by everything in the corner
I guess i get lucky then. Idk why I think the beginning of his teleport shifts his hit box b/c some moves initially whiff and I get out for free lol but yeah you'll just need to know when to poke back or jump over them after a blocked pressure....unless its jax....you hold everything lol

Zyos

Zyos aka Mr Mix ya Girl
Make the right read and wake up ex teleport out lol other than that...ur gonna be holding a lot....or do what I do...nj2 haha
This, its all hard reads with takeda if you guess wrong your going to eat a punish if you guess right you can set up some damage. I will say dealing with ice clone for example means you cant ex tele because you'll come back into the clone on the opposite side so its all reads which is why i feel he is definitely not as good as people say with his slow normals

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
There is more to him: basically he is a compilation of 10-20 most popular tropes merged together (off top of my head: only "ninja" to properly use kunai tool in MK, Scorpion/Kenshi son, got Scorp's telepounch and UMK3 skullmask as trophies, Liu headband worn Solid Snake style, Raiden (Metal Gear) armor, Human Cyrax-like alt, Human Sektor device on back connected to Omega Red whips that have extendable blades to turn into Ivy's Whipswords (SC)/Batman-Mavado grappling hooks/Scorpion spear, has basically Human Smoke stance and shares his concept of metallic grey costume masked ninja with open hair (so he rules Smoke out of game and into a faction fatality), has Sektor Jedi pulseblades worn on wrists Barakablades-style so that he also looks like Protoss Zealot from StarCraft, and not only he can use Force to levitate the pulseblades (meh any Jedi can do that), but also shoots that Hsu Hao laser out of them, and mind that no Naruto fan will walk away from this character either, and on top of that his name kind of implies Shirai Ryu Founder reincarnation). He also has Shoryuken (ShiraiRyuKan lol) as if there wasn't enough ripoff.

tl;dr: alot of forced popularity inserted into a character, yet for all of that he has one lame kid/teen voice, must be insta-pick for any schoolkid, will get hated for being forced down the throat.
In other words, he's fucking awesome.

davo1270

Noob
get ready because im about to drop some serious knowledge about how NOT cheap this character is....
B21: over 20 frames of startup AND can be jumped out of / armored / back dashed through if cancelled into kunai
B3: same as B21
112(fastest normal): hits high (terrible punishing option) and can be interrupted / back dashed after the first 1
EX teleport (the "SAFE" option): according to in game frame data this is neutral on block, except not cause after a short testing session I found it is punishable on reaction by a 12 frame standing normal.
f12: his 2nd fastest punish, unfortunately it doesn't link into any specials so its useless as an actual punish
every single EX wakeup can be stuffed with moves like subs b12 (this will wreck his wakeup game)

in reality, takeda is a scrub stomper, he absolutely wrecks people that don't understand the block / punish system, but if people played him like the unsafe character that he is, he would fare badly. that being said, I love this character. ive maintained top 5 on the leaderboards since day 1 with only takeda. im determined to take every unsafe option he has and work around it. however, as he stands now, hes not going to be top tier after everyone learns the MU.
What's your take on all of this then:

Baiting Out Armored Reversals & Implementing B1,1,2:
- b2,1xxKunai(any range) can be armored out of
- b2,1,2+4 can be armored out of
- b2,1xxTeleportCancel~Block can be used to bait out some armored moves

- b1,1xxKunai(mid) can be armored out of
- b1,1xxKunai(close) can NOT be armored out of
- b1,1,2 can NOT be armored out of and is supposedly -11 on block (unsafe and full combo punishable at close range)
*the last hit of this string can only come out if the second hit contacts the opponent
- b1,1xxTeleportCancel~Block can also be used to bait out some armored moves if you use the string in sweep distance

Not In The Video
- f1,2,2+4xxKunai(any range) can be armored out of
- f1,2,2+4xxTeleportCancel~Block can also be used to bait out some armored moves

All Teleport Delays can also be used to punish backdashes (from avoiding Kunais) and continue pressure with grab or mixups

EDIT: Just tested everything with Kung Lao and his 7 frame armored Vortex spin and everything above still applies (except b2,1xxTeleportCancel~Block)

...I posted a video that goes w this but I'm sure you can understand this info w/o it...

The_REAL_xVAPORx

smoke reset bot
What's your take on all of this then:

Baiting Out Armored Reversals & Implementing B1,1,2:
- b2,1xxKunai(any range) can be armored out of
- b2,1,2+4 can be armored out of
- b2,1xxTeleportCancel~Block can be used to bait out some armored moves

- b1,1xxKunai(mid) can be armored out of
- b1,1xxKunai(close) can NOT be armored out of
- b1,1,2 can NOT be armored out of and is supposedly -11 on block (unsafe and full combo punishable at close range)
*the last hit of this string can only come out if the second hit contacts the opponent
- b1,1xxTeleportCancel~Block can also be used to bait out some armored moves if you use the string in sweep distance

Not In The Video
- f1,2,2+4xxKunai(any range) can be armored out of
- f1,2,2+4xxTeleportCancel~Block can also be used to bait out some armored moves

All Teleport Delays can also be used to punish backdashes (from avoiding Kunais) and continue pressure with grab or mixups

EDIT: Just tested everything with Kung Lao and his 7 frame armored Vortex spin and everything above still applies (except b2,1xxTeleportCancel~Block)

...I posted a video that goes w this but I'm sure you can understand this info w/o it...
yeah, i found that B1 1 was his only string with enough cancel advantage to safely cancel into kunai. BUUUUT.... this not only has worse range than B21, but it also completely negates his high/low mixup game. the B1 can be blocked high or low and a knowledgable opponent will know that your only relatively safe option is cancelling into a low kunai. they will block accordingly and get out of your pressure. at the highest level, takeda is going to be a game of baiting armoring attempts and punishing.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
I've never to hate for playing Takeda, I absoloutely destroyed someguy the other day online losing a total of about 15% health throughout the whole game and he said GG through his mic at the end.
I just run into nice people.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
he seems fine.. in fact I don't see him being THAT great right now.. Block high and just know his best normal up close is really just his d2 (which is awesome but not something that leads into death)... I look at him right now as just a very honest character with potential .

In the right hands tho hes gonna be good most likely .