What's new

General/Other - Takeda People always bashing Takeda?

Do you think takeda is a cheap character?

• Yes

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Hell no!

Votes: 57 83.8%

• Total voters
Everytime im takeda i always hear trash talk and that hes cheap and i have no skill and such. But i think he is excellent christ im 22/0 in ranked PVP.

I feel like he's really not that good if you block high and react to low. His overheads seem good, but his low moves are slow and telegraphed I think.

I should specify this is the Shirai Ryu variation I'm referring to. I haven't tried the others yet.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
I can list almost the whole cast as "this has also been said about"... At this point your character is cheap can be translated to I know nothing about your character or how to beat them...
Winning is cheap people stop doing it if you want to make people like you.. Smh

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Takeda has great tools for sure and no doubt will turn out very strong once his full mu knowledge has been developed. But he has a major problem in that he might as well be negative on block after everything point black because his armour and normals are too slow, meaning his defence sucks when being pressured.

nice win streak mate
I am 296/9 in ranked dem casuals got no clue how to deal with takeda's swag
its like Deathstroke keep away game all over again lol

F4tal

Noob
I think he is solid. Not sure what variation people are saying is the best but Kung Lao can punish every one of his specials in his Shirai Ryu form and poke him out of his quick phase before the first hit and after blocking the first hit.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
Ran into some RM dude last night, he was doing some work.
people don't what how to play against him this early(myself included).
He will probably end up being the aquaman of this game, not in terms of tier placing, but he will be the cheap one.

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
Takeda has great tools for sure and no doubt will turn out very strong once his full mu knowledge has been developed. But he has a major problem in that he might as well be negative on block after everything point black because his armour and normals are too slow, meaning his defence sucks when being pressured.
Basically means as the opponents skill goes up, Takedas effectiveness goes down.
nice win streak mate
I am 296/9 in ranked dem casuals got no clue how to deal with takeda's swag
its like Deathstroke keep away game all over again lol
All I have to say is "Fuck Liang, and fuck noob!"

I'm running into alot of Takeda's. Anytime a character is played alot, he'll be called cheap whether he is or not.

I'm playing Kotal Kahn at the moment, and I guess I'm having trouble figuring out what even makes so many people drawn to Takeda. It was a surprise to me, but (disclaimer, early impressions) I feel like Kotal Kahn out-footsies Takeda.

I'm also more scared of characters like D'Vorah for things like long ranged attacks. Not sure why Takeda is more a threat in this category. I think his teleport is pretty good. Dunno why but I feel like I have issues punishing it sometimes.

I'd be interested to know why anyone thinks he's cheap, because I'm still trying to figure out what makes him good.

I'm running into alot of Takeda's. Anytime a character is played alot, he'll be called cheap whether he is or not.

I'm playing Kotal Kahn at the moment, and I guess I'm having trouble figuring out what even makes so many people drawn to Takeda. It was a surprise to me, but (disclaimer, early impressions) I feel like Kotal Kahn out-footsies Takeda.

I'm also more scared of characters like D'Vorah for things like long ranged attacks. Not sure why Takeda is more a threat in this category. I think his teleport is pretty good. Dunno why but I feel like I have issues punishing it sometimes.

I'd be interested to know why anyone thinks he's cheap, because I'm still trying to figure out what makes him good.
I was playing a Sun God Kotal, Last night and he kept on catching me with his grab. Was frustrating haha.

AssassiN

Noob
I've noticed hate against my Takeda, including quiting at select screen when I picked him.
People don't know how to block his long range attacks yet and therefore have issue getting in.

The major problem with Takeda is that his defensive options suck. He has slow armor and the only fast normal that gets him out of shitty situations is uppercut.

People will eventually get used to him, he might not be as good as people are suspecting him of being right now.

The_REAL_xVAPORx

smoke reset bot
get ready because im about to drop some serious knowledge about how NOT cheap this character is....
B21: over 20 frames of startup AND can be jumped out of / armored / back dashed through if cancelled into kunai
B3: same as B21
112(fastest normal): hits high (terrible punishing option) and can be interrupted / back dashed after the first 1
EX teleport (the "SAFE" option): according to in game frame data this is neutral on block, except not cause after a short testing session I found it is punishable on reaction by a 12 frame standing normal.
f12: his 2nd fastest punish, unfortunately it doesn't link into any specials so its useless as an actual punish
every single EX wakeup can be stuffed with moves like subs b12 (this will wreck his wakeup game)

in reality, takeda is a scrub stomper, he absolutely wrecks people that don't understand the block / punish system, but if people played him like the unsafe character that he is, he would fare badly. that being said, I love this character. ive maintained top 5 on the leaderboards since day 1 with only takeda. im determined to take every unsafe option he has and work around it. however, as he stands now, hes not going to be top tier after everyone learns the MU.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
He's being vastly overrated because people don't understand his glaring weaknesses. It's probably guaranteed that 99% of the people who complain, never bothered to take him into practice mode and figure out how to deal with his meta.

Better players won't be fooled, and eventually will be picking him apart as they start armoring through things, jumping through things, punishing the EN teleport, abusing him on wakeup, backdashing followups, and learning when to take the 7% low instead of the overhead.

He's being vastly overrated because people don't understand his glaring weaknesses. It's probably guaranteed that 99% of the people who complain, never bothered to take him into practice mode and figure out how to deal with his meta.

Better players won't be fooled, and eventually will be picking him apart as they start armoring through things, jumping through things, punishing the teleport, abusing him on wakeup and learning when to take the 7% low instead of the overhead.
The only character ive had problems with when playing as Takeda is Mileena she tore my ass apart. And it was also a skilled mileena player.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
The only character ive had problems with when playing as Takeda is Mileena she tore my ass apart. And it was also a skilled mileena player.
If that's the case, you probably weren't playing good enough players who will take advantage of his frame data.

I'm 55-0 in Player Match right now, but in actual training sets top players are much smarter and can smell an advantage when they see it. It's a different story.