What's new

Pennywise pitch for Mortal Kombat 11 *IT SPOILERS*

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
How y'all mfs look asking for a killer clown in this game

Meme's aside, I'd personally rather have another guest and not Pennywise, he's never appealed to me. He would be pretty easy to just kind of throw into the MK universe as some shape shifting oni-demon from the netherrealm.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I really like IT, but I'd kind of like Pennywise to stay in his own universe.

AloneUA

getting over there
A lot of people deny him being in MK11, but come on, we all know there would be at least 2 guest characters, probably more, cause they are extremely popular among the casual audience.

And from the two most popular horror characters that are rumored to be in (Michael Myers and Pennywise) I'd definitely prefer to have the latter. He is a much more unique one imo.

Great post btw.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Considering how free Microsoft is being with its licenses, it would be pretty sick to see Fulgore in MK11. Killer Instinct isn't nearly as violent as MK, but Fulgore is just a cyborg so they'd probably be more comfortable with him being ripped apart as opposed to Orchid or Jago.

I love MK more than your average bear, but I aldo love gueat characters too. Some of them are just plain better characters than standard MK cats. I'd have Predator and Alien over Li Mei, Sareena, Fujin or most of the other bums that people ask for. I also just bought a $400 MK statue, so my love for the series can't be questioned either :p

E

Eldriken

I'd like 2-3 themed character DLC packs.

Horror: Pennywise, Michael Myers, Pinhead and the fourth would be whomever. I can't think of who I'd like to see.

Fan Request: I don't know the most requested characters outside of maybe Rain. So this could include him and 3 others.

Characters from other sources: Doomguy, Kratos from his newest game (will never happen due to console exclusivity), 2B from Nier Automata, Spawn, and one other to replace Kratos since that wouldn't happen.

A few Kombat Packs that are themed so they only include that type of character may have more potential to make people happy and it would plenty more characters to use.

I'm just spitballing and I'm sure a lot of folks will disagree with this overall or would change some of the aforementioned characters. But that's fine. If anyone would like to make a suggestion to just throw out there similar to mine, feel free. I'd like to see what other folks would like to see.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
I really need to clear up what Pennywise is to people who haven't read the books. Pennywise isn't a shapeshifting Clown that got offed by a bunch of kids because they stuck it with a poker or something. None of the film versions went into this very well, but IT's destruction was basically orchestrated by God from the beginning. Literal divine intervention was bringing these kids together and empowering them to fight Pennywise. Otherwise, they couldn't have even scratched it.

Pennywise is a malevolent Lovecraftian Old God more ancient than our universe and exists outside of it. It feeds on fear and projects itself into this universe as whatever it thinks you're most afraid of. Since it mostly feeds on children because of their simple terrors, the base form is a clown.

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
I would rather have no guests at all. But I would prefer Pennywise over other guests. Balloon traps honestly sounds baller af, maybe send one in the air that if the opponent gets close to it pops them up for a juggle. Maybe Blood filled balloon that pops and stuns them. Maybe he brings out his demon claws for buffs?

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
I really need to clear up what Pennywise is to people who haven't read the books. Pennywise isn't a shapeshifting Clown that got offed by a bunch of kids because they stuck it with a poker or something. None of the film versions went into this very well, but IT's destruction was basically orchestrated by God from the beginning. Literal divine intervention was bringing these kids together and empowering them to fight Pennywise. Otherwise, they couldn't have even scratched it.

Pennywise is a malevolent Lovecraftian Old God more ancient than our universe and exists outside of it. It feeds on fear and projects itself into this universe as whatever it thinks you're most afraid of. Since it mostly feeds on children because of their simple terrors, the base form is a clown.
Thank you for this

Horror: Pennywise, Michael Myers, Pinhead and the fourth would be whomever. I can't think of who I'd like to see.

Fan Request: I don't know the most requested characters outside of maybe Rain. So this could include him and 3 others.

Characters from other sources: Doomguy, Kratos from his newest game (will never happen due to console exclusivity), 2B from Nier Automata, Spawn, and one other to replace Kratos since that wouldn't happen.

A few Kombat Packs that are themed so they only include that type of character may have more potential to make people happy and it would plenty more characters to use.

I'm just spitballing and I'm sure a lot of folks will disagree with this overall or would change some of the aforementioned characters. But that's fine. If anyone would like to make a suggestion to just throw out there similar to mine, feel free. I'd like to see what other folks would like to see.
That's a really good idea. I think it would be cool to have a guest pack, a fan favorite pack(Sindel,Nightwolf,ect), and a second chance pack(Sareena,havik,Fujin).

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior

Still looks like a clown.

Still lame.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Still looks like a clown.

Still lame.
It's true form is more like a dimension of orange light and the unending screaming of devoured souls, but as I understand it that's much harder to animate Fatal Blows on.

If you find it lame, that's fine. I just seek to better inform people as to what the character is and what it's capable of.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
We will get DLC characters for sure. There is no denying that. Like it or not. So the best thing we can do, is to hope for the lesser of the all upcoming evils. And if I have the choice between a guest character such as Pennywise and somone like Michael Myers... then gimme Pennywise every day of the week and twice on the Sunday. Pennywise totally writes herself (apparently Pennywise is female) as a character in the MK universe.

Also, if you come in here saying "Why do people want a pedo in a fighting game?"
Freddy Krueger was in MK9 and Freddy is an actual pedo. Pennywise just eats children, because as you said: their pure fear makes them taste better.

Last edited:

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
I'm glad to see Pennywise has a fair few supporters and people interested in his inclusion despite the fact there's a lot of hate when it comes to him. (Or guests in general...bleh. I don't see why people who hate guests so much don't just avoid the threads. I really didn't want negativity in this thread, but there's definitely a lot of it. It especially sucks to see my OP with less likes than someone saying they don't want him in when they said like 6 words and I worked on an entire post....#FeelsBadMan)

Anyway, if/when he ends up getting announced (simply because the timing is too perfect for his inclusion with the new movie and MK / IT are both Warner Bros properties) I'm gonna chuckle and thrive reading the hate towards him and how he's "lame" etc, etc, etc....
I would rather have no guests at all. But I would prefer Pennywise over other guests. Balloon traps honestly sounds baller af, maybe send one in the air that if the opponent gets close to it pops them up for a juggle. Maybe Blood filled balloon that pops and stuns them. Maybe he brings out his demon claws for buffs?
This is a really good idea! Maybe each balloon has different colors which could indicate their different properties.

Yellow Balloon - Pops them up for a juggle
Red Balloon - Pops and stuns the opponent if they get the blood on them
Blue Balloon - Could pop and have a hard knockback?
Green Balloon - This could be gross, but sewer water. Same effects as the blood balloon except it does DOT damage over time. (Cause that's how gross sewer water is lmao. But, I mean...water balloons are fun, right?)

Thanks for your awesome posts in this thread. I didn't know some of this myself, so it's even cooler to know that Pennywise is more badass than I thought! It still sucks that people are still gonna rag on him because of his base aesthetic, which is a clown. The same series where we have an Actor fighting Gods, a guy in a Mocap suit, and Hsu Hao....the killer Lovecraftian Old God just doesn't fit lol.

I really like this, and feel like it'd be a good way to extend the lifespan of the game! Maybe outside of a Fan Request pack we could have an "OG Ninjas" pack and toss in Reptile, Ermac, and Smoke. I think that'd be the best way to keep the game alive.

Maybe have a "Femme Fatale" pack with Sindel, Sareena, Li Mei, and Mileena (if she isn't base) I think that'd be sick.

Last edited:

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I wonder how the rights would work for this. Would Stephen King need to sign off on it? Does WB just control the rights in terms of Movies, or can they also use the characters in any other media?

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Shang Tsung can only turn into people, Pennywise can be anything.

I think that would be a nice distinction if they both make it in. Shang can turn into his opponent and maybe some NPCs (can you fucking imagine if he turns into Motaro for a fatality?) And Pennywise can turn into creatures, morph his body

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
I wonder how the rights would work for this. Would Stephen King need to sign off on it? Does WB just control the rights in terms of Movies, or can they also use the characters in any other media?
Hm, I'm not too sure. I feel like if WB says "Hey, we want to put Pennywise in this game" they can. I mean, they got the rights to Leatherface, Jason, Alien, Predator, Hellboy, and the TMNT. So, I don't think getting Pennywise would be too much of a hassle tbh.

I mean, not having him in would be a dumb business move on their part so I'm sure they'd do whatever it takes whether it be convincing Stephen to sign off on it or whatever. I'm sure they know releasing a character during the hype of their movie release would bring in more money than any other DLC character (besides probably Spawn, but I googled it and apparently filming for a Spawn movie is supposed to start June this year. So I can see them doing the same thing. Waiting until either the release of the movie, or when they start revealing trailers, etc, to release the character. Good promo for the movie and the game as well. People would buy them up.)

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
I get people not liking guests, thats understandable but they know who the dlc will be before saying there is dlc...guest spots are planned as guests they aren't taking anything away from anything. In fact due to rights & the inevitable back & forth they are probably figured out before most things in the game. I know that as fact with other games.

That being said if pennywise is who we get I'm sure they will make it kick ass. A fatality where it turns into the characters rival/worst fear would be kinda sweet. I mean Kotal tirns into a fn jaguar so this game is limitless in its awesome character takes when the subject allows it & pennywise allows a lot.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
I get people not liking guests, thats understandable but they know who the dlc will be before saying there is dlc...guest spots are planned as guests they aren't taking anything away from anything. In fact due to rights & the inevitable back & forth they are probably figured out before most things in the game. I know that as fact with other games.

That being said if pennywise is who we get I'm sure they will make it kick ass. A fatality where it turns into the characters rival/worst fear would be kinda sweet. I mean Kotal tirns into a fn jaguar so this game is limitless in its awesome character takes when the subject allows it & pennywise allows a lot.
yep .... some people could even hate all guests NRS did so far (Freddy Krueger, Jason , Leatherface, Alien , Predator) .... but you cannot deny that , regarding look aspect and gameplay wise , they were all well done, paied great homage to their original incarnation from the media they come from .... so, I really doubt that , if Pennywise is in, that NRS will not make him incredible faithful well made to his correspondent one movie character. :cool:

Even not being fan favorite, if Pennywise make it, he will be well designed to fit MK11 .... NRS doesn't disappoints in this area/departament/subject question ;)