What's new

Pennywise pitch for Mortal Kombat 11 *IT SPOILERS*

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Pennywise is a character that I see a lot of hate towards when it comes to the idea of him being a guest character in MK11. Not just from people who hate guests, but people who hate the character itself. The thought of a 'clown' being in MK11 is something some people are heavily against for some reason. Despite how much Pennywise actually fits the Mortal Kombat aesthetic more than a lot of guest characters we've seen.

Pennywise has something a lot of horror villains lack. Personality. There's a sadistic, humorous quality to Pennywise that I've personally only seen from the likes of Freddy Kreuger. He doesn't just kill, he toys with his prey. He mocks them. Unlike characters like Michael Myers, Leatherface, Predator, Jason Vorhees, who simply kill and don't even speak. There's an entertainment factor to Pennywise. (He's always acting like he's putting on a show it seems.)

He's not human. He's not just some guy in a clown suit. He's an ancient, monstrous creature. Tell me how that doesn't fit in MK! He's evil, manipulative, and eats people. (He prefers to eat children because they're easier to scare and according to him, frightened flesh tastes better.) He can transform and shapeshift into literally anyone and anything as long as it scares the living shit out of whoever he's about to eat next. There's just so much that NRS can pull from when it comes to having this character feel genuine.

Intros: There's so much they can do when it comes to intros with him. Having him hop out of a sewer grate, contort out of a fridge, emerging from a puddle of water, a balloon popping and revealing his face right in front of the camera. There are too many possibilities.

'Time to Float'
(This video is a great representation of the sheer personality from this character)
Outros: Again, a lot of possibilities for outros. Good 'slow-mo' moments like him simply running towards the camera, or even doing his famous dance from the reboot.

Quotes: There are tons of reference quotes they could pull from the movies for this character. Whether it be Pennywise himself or characters like Cassie, Johnny, etc who'd have really humorous interactions with him,

"You'll float too."
"Time to float."
"Is this real enough for you?"
Gameplay/Animation: He's definitely not a character that it'd be out of left field to see him fighting. He's very vicious, especially in the reboot and it's something they can definitely pull off and make it FIT.

I can see him throwing out balloon traps, having a teleport, jump scaring the opponent (could leave them in a stun state), having stretchy limbs (The dude is tall as hell), and I know with the creative minds at NRS they could pull the character off perfectly and add some really incredible gameplay elements. Throughout his animations I can see him transforming, having hands crawl through his mouth (could be a parry), his own hands transforming into claws. There are practically endless possibilities when you take his powers into account. If it's scary, he's got it on deck. But, if anything he's gotta be menacing. Tall, with reach for days and just crazy mannerisms that'll keep the opponent on their toes.

Skins: There are only two skins I can think of when it comes to the character. Bill Skarsgard's design and Tim Currys. When it comes to gear I can see you being able to customize balloons (#I<3Derry), but other than that I'm not too sure. I just know having both versions is a must. (maybe his face makeup can be changed and the clothes itself are skins.)

He's just a monstrous, entertaining horror villain and is personally one of my top 3 favorites. I know there are going to be a lot of people in this thread saying they hate guests soooo much, or that Pennywise sucks blahblahblah, and I get that. I respect your opinions on that. Just don't fill the thread up with unnecessary negativity.

Also, if you come in here saying "Why do people want a pedo in a fighting game?" or anything like that, you're getting reported. Period. Keep it fun. This is just me pitching ideas for the character. We already know his chances of being in are high, so there's no need for dramatics...unless your name is Pennywise then you can be as dramatic as you want.

What are your thoughts? Do you have anything to add? What would you like to see in terms of gameplay when it comes to Pennywise? I'm not super well versed on everything the character has to offer (I'm still reading the book) so if you have anything to contribute I'd really appreciate and would love to hear it all!

Last edited:
I don't get why people wouldn't want Pennywise as dlc. He would be Shang cranked up to 11( pun intended). Though if he is in i hope we get a full blown Tim curry version voice and all.

Gamer68

Fujin!
I think Pennywise would be a more interesting guest than Jason and Leatherface at the very least. I would also take him over Micheal Myers and some of the other guests being speculated on.

I don't get why people wouldn't want Pennywise as dlc. He would be Shang cranked up to 11( pun intended). Though if he is in i hope we get a full blown Tim curry version voice and all.
I'd rather have actual Shang Tsung cranked up to 11 though.
Shang Tsung can transform into existing fighters. Pennywise would be able to morph his body, like being able to give himself really sharp (Baraka-like) teeth, long limbs, etc, or can even morph into different creatures and cause hallucinations. I don't think he would be anything like Shang Tsung, to be honest.

I think Pennywise would be a more interesting guest than Jason and Leatherface at the very least. I would also take him over Micheal Myers and some of the other guests being speculated on.

Shang Tsung can transform into existing fighters. Pennywise would be able to morph his body, like being able to give himself really sharp (Baraka-like) teeth, long limbs, etc, or can even morph into different creatures and cause hallucinations. I don't think he would be anything like Shang Tsung, to be honest.
True, i used Shang as like a base shallow" hey they both can transform" comparison. If i was to actually compare what i think he could be game play wise to a pre-existing NRS character i would actually use Martian Manhunter. His shapeshifting, teleporting, his traps could be turned into ballons. Add in a bit of Scarecrow moves and personality wise and i think it could work.

Last edited:

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Firstly this write up is really thorough insofar as dlc requests go, so nice job. Second, I would kindly ask that you never remind me of the IT reboot. The book is one of my very favorites ever, the original adaptation TV film is okay, but the new one just wasn't scary at all. Another in a long line of poor King adaptations

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I would be pretty shocked if pennywise WASN’T in.

We’re getting 6 characters in KP1. Game comes out next month so let’s say they start releasing dlc monthly starting May. Pennywise would be the 5th character to launch by September, which is just in time for his movie.

He is WB owned and IT was a HUGE box office success. He’s a horror icon who fits well in the MK universe.

It seems like a shoe in imo

Last edited:

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I prefer the Clown Prince of Crime

*EDITED by Moderator*
*No pedo jokes or references as per OP request, thanks. -Juggs*

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Firstly this write up is really thorough insofar as dlc requests go, so nice job. Second, I would kindly ask that you never remind me of the IT reboot. The book is one of my very favorites ever, the original adaptation TV film is okay, but the new one just wasn't scary at all. Another in a long line of poor King adaptations
Yeah, I get that. But the aesthetic of the reboot and the effects were just so good to me. They did a lot of stuff animation wise that I just loved. (My favorite scene in the entire reboot is when he contorts out of the fridge, then starts walking towards Eddie, mocking him gasping for air it's just... Just...ugh. I geek out over that scene every time.

The reboot had a couple jump-scary moments that got me. But, it was entertaining to me. I think with all the effects and CGI etc, he'd really freaking thrive in a video game format like Mortal Kombat.

Why the LF hate? That character was incredibly well done. Killer's stance moves were so much fun and really creative too. He had costumes from the movies, used the chainsaw a lot in his normals. Imo the one of the best DLC fighters in MKX

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
Everytime someone makes one of these I die a little inside. Let me remind you that one spot that you want to fill it with Pennywise could 've been for Mileena, or Rain, Fujin. I get that we are going to get a guest character no matter what, but lets ease the pain a bit and have someone like Kratos and Predator, like actual warriors that can fight.The rest was just bizzare garbage. How about a female guest character instead? Buffy? Alright, she can fight, she is killing vampires, she cool. Or how about Rayne from BloodRayne. She would be perfect for MK!

Gamer68

Fujin!
Why the LF hate? That character was incredibly well done. Killer's stance moves were so much fun and really creative too. He had costumes from the movies, used the chainsaw a lot in his normals. Imo the one of the best DLC fighters in MKX

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk
No thanks, and Leatherface plays great and it's tons of fun in MKXL
If you guys are talking about how I said that "Pennywise would be more interesting than Jason and Leatherface", that doesn't mean that I think those characters aren't fun -- just that I think Pennywise has more potential. I'll admit that I don't really like Leatherface as a character, but his moveset was pretty fun.

Like Jason and Leatherface couldn't even talk, but Pennywise can. So even when it comes to dialogue, Pennywise could have some more interesting interactions in comparison to those other characters.

Everytime someone makes one of these I die a little inside. Let me remind you that one spot that you want to fill it with Pedowise could 've been for Mileena, or Rain, Fujin. I get that we are going to get a guest character no matter what, but lets ease the pain a bit and have someone like Kratos and Predator, like actual warriors that can fight.The rest was just bizzare garbage. How about a female guest character instead? Buffy? Alright, she can fight, she is killing vampires, she cool. Or how about Rayne from BloodRayne. She would be perfect for MK!
Imagine thinking Pennywise sucks, but then go on to say that Rayne from BloodRayne would be a cool character.
:DOGE

I'm just teasing, please don't hate me.

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
@PapaRegadetho stop with the pedo jokes. I'm reporting them. I'd really appreciate if people read the full post before commenting.
You're quite trigger happy with that option,aren't you? Im not even joking, the character is a disturbing one that specializes in hurting children. I dont want that kind of character in MK. And if it makes you feel any better, Im sorry I made you feel agrevated.

Reactions: Zev