What's new

PDP MKX Fight Pad Review by PL

DavS13

Noob
Nope. Pretty disappointed about this. I only noticed last week when I bought a new Turtle Beach headset that plugs into the controller to get game sound. Was all set to use this controller and now I can't use my headset...:/
Is there absolutely no way to use the controller and talk on the mic? Like can you plug in your mic in a different controller and use this one for gaming? I really want to get it, but not being able to talk to anyone while using it is just awful.

Backfire

Noob
there's no way i believe the dpad is better than the xbox ones. i was considering buying this but having no headset port is disappointing. I've also been using my xbox one controller on PC for Injustice and MK lately and its working fine, not having any problems with the dpad.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
This review has me considering to cancel my order and just wait for the Hori ps4 April 30th... That fact it jumps on it own sometimes is kinda horrible..
You can get the Hori FC4 right now lol. I bought (and am using) 2 of them. It took PlayAsia like only 3 days to get it to me.

SGX

Noob
I'm not really understanding the issue with neutral jump. When he's saying you have to let go of forward before you hit up to neutral jump I'm just like uh...yeah, that's the input, lol.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
You can get the Hori FC4 right now lol. I bought (and am using) 2 of them. It took PlayAsia like only 3 days to get it to me.
sent you a pm... Am I crazy of is the Hori fc4 ONLY available NOW for Japanese ps4's ? Cause even playasia sells the American ver which ships April 30

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I don't care about chatting with the 9 year old yelling the N-word over and over again, but I would like to hear the game's audio through my headphones. Is there any way to do this? I have an adapter on my XB1 that allows me to use an old 360 stick, but obviously the headphone jack in that won't work.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
sent you a pm... Am I crazy of is the Hori fc4 ONLY available NOW for Japanese ps4's ? Cause even playasia sells the American ver which ships April 30
Responded to your PM but I am going to put the amswer here as well because I have heard this a few times.

There is no such thing as a region locked PS4. Anything released in Asia for the PS4 will work here.

The HFC4 is IMO an amazing pad...

@C-Sword is the one who turned me on to it and he said he will be doing a full blown compairison with the HFC4 and the PDP pad.

I love mine but I have not had it long enough to comment on durability. That being said $45 isn't shit to me so I cpuld care less how fast they break. It is the best feeling pad I have ever used.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
For those upset about no mic port. It is a mandate from Microsoft that only MS 1st party controllers can support the microphone function. All 3rd party controllers have to rely on kinect for mic support. As for 3rd party ps4 controllers, you do not need the mic port, as the ps4 supports direct plug in of headsets via usb (use an adapter like this one http://www.amazon.com/iLuv-iCB758-Audio-Adapter-Headset-Mic/dp/B007PFZEKY) into the ps4 for audio.

Last edited:

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Maybe I'm alone in this but I actually like the XB1 controller. I use it for KI and it works great...at least for me.
No, you're not alone. I actually prefer analog sticks in back to block style games. Since there will be less dashing and no dash cancelling in MKX it may work better this time around.

ImmortalSkillit

SteeevRay
Hey, so....for PS4 is there ANY work around to not having a mic port? (P2 Controller, etc)

I played 360/ps3 with MC Pads, and while I can make the DS4 "work", id really like to head into MKX with a pad that I feel familiar with. I'd be buying one for each system (Xbone/PS4) just so that whenever I run into someone playing MKX locally, i'm prepared for whatever system they run with. (Same for local tournaments, etc)

I need a mic due to most of my MK9/Injustice time involved playing online with buddies and sharing what we've picked up, so its most "certainly" a deal breaker for me upon release if there is no viable way to use this pad and talk at the same time.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Hey, so....for PS4 is there ANY work around to not having a mic port? (P2 Controller, etc)

I played 360/ps3 with MC Pads, and while I can make the DS4 "work", id really like to head into MKX with a pad that I feel familiar with. I'd be buying one for each system (Xbone/PS4) just so that whenever I run into someone playing MKX locally, i'm prepared for whatever system they run with. (Same for local tournaments, etc)

I need a mic due to most of my MK9/Injustice time involved playing online with buddies and sharing what we've picked up, so its most "certainly" a deal breaker for me upon release if there is no viable way to use this pad and talk at the same time.
I answered your question 2 post above your post.

• Great dpad, better than the stock xbone controller
  • Face buttons are micro switches and are lower in the casing than the dpad
  • Start and Back buttons are on top of controller to avoid accidental pauses
  • Triggers feel great
  • Decent spacing between the dpad and the buttons
  • Feels great to hold and has a rubber backing
  • Personal gripe of his is that the buttons have to be pressed a little harder to activate them since he usually presses his buttons softly
  • Another gripe is that he has to release forward before jumping to neutral jump
  • No mic port
I find for a company specializing in peripherals to not have a mic port it seems kind of stupid and annoying. I mean these are multiplayer games, is that mechanism that hard to incorporate into these controllers?? It's not like they gave it the ability to float in midair,

Tbh I get this feeling they are frauds, there marketing strategy was like our up button is super good. Seems kind of cash grabby. Like they had nothing real to say. And literally I have never accidentally pressed pause ever.

Maybe I can use the vibrate feature to pleasyre myself.

Last edited:
@Perfect Legend
Thanks for doing a review on the PDF MKX Fight Pad and for posting it.

I am glad to hear from a tournament player what the positive points are of the PDP MKX Fight Pad. I already pre ordered mine for the Xbox One and PS4. I was considering getting a Hori Fight Commander for tournaments but since I have MKX on Xbox One I got the PS4 PDP MKX Fight Pad for consistency reasons.
This literally looks like a person from pdp made your account and posted this generic response.

I'm on to you.

-edit, I'm serious... I literally have that possible belief.

Last edited:
How well is the grip? Could you drop it at a tournament?
I hear that on the sides they used a rubbery adhesive substance to ensure a sticky grip, and there is an internal fan to minimize sweat reduction that might loosen your grip due to slickness. Also if you preorder now you can get a complimentary bottle of febreze to override that ever so distracting and prevalent Body odor stench at tournaments so you can maintain optimal focus.