What's new

PDP MKX Fight Pad Review by PL

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
This literally looks like a person from pdp made your account and posted this generic response.

I'm on to you.

-edit, I'm serious... I literally have that possible belief.
Well, you are free to assume all you want but I don't know why you would get that impression?

I just thought that it was helpful to hear from a tournament player what the good points of the PDP MKX Fighter Pad are because I am looking to get into the MK tournament scene. I also liked 9.95's review because it went more in depth into what the pros and cons of the controller are.

I pre ordered a fight pad for both systems so that I can train on the same controller that I will be using at tournaments. So I like hearing good reviews of these controllers because it give me more assurance that my money isn't totally being wasted on them...however I do have a concern about the durability of them given PDP's track record. Especially after talking to some other players at the last tournament I just went to.

Speaking of players at tournaments. I really hope that the MK scene out here in Oklahoma City turns out to be bigger than what Killer Instinct has right now. Showing up to Super Bit Con 2015 at the Fair Grounds to end up being the only person to enter the Killer Instinct tournament was.....sad. Hopefully the TestYourMight tournament for MKX in Tulsa gets a big turnout later this month.

Well, you are free to assume all you want but I don't know why you would get that impression?

I just thought that it was helpful to hear from a tournament player what the good points of the PDP MKX Fighter Pad are because I am looking to get into the MK tournament scene. I also liked 9.95's review because it went more in depth into what the pros and cons of the controller are.

I pre ordered a fight pad for both systems so that I can train on the same controller that I will be using at tournaments. So I like hearing good reviews of these controllers because it give me more assurance that my money isn't totally being wasted on them...however I do have a concern about the durability of them given PDP's track record. Especially after talking to some other players at the last tournament I just went to.

Speaking of players at tournaments. I really hope that the MK scene out here in Oklahoma City turns out to be bigger than what Killer Instinct has right now. Showing up to Super Bit Con 2015 at the Fair Grounds to end up being the only person to enter the Killer Instinct tournament was.....sad. Hopefully the TestYourMight tournament for MKX in Tulsa gets a big turnout later this month.
Sounds like serious some serious business.

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
My statement was not mutually exclusive of those two options good sir.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean? I guess considering that I am paying almost a $100 for two controllers that I am not sure will last long enough for tournament play and that the TestYourMight MKX Tournament here in Tulsa Oklahoma is being sponsored by Subway that both could be considered serious business then.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200205773222369&set=gm.857963867575839&type=1

Last edited:
I'm not sure I understand what you mean? I guess considering that I am paying almost a $100 for two controllers that I am not sure will last long enough for tournament play and that the TestYourMight MKX Tournament here in Tulsa Oklahoma is being sponsored by Subway that both could be considered serious business.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200205773222369&set=gm.857963867575839&type=1
Subway is good and that Jared guy is pretty inspirational with the weight loss and all.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword

I pretty much feel the same way. Phil review was pretty good as well on the details of the Pad. My only concern is the durability of the pad at this point. Other than that I'm happy I made the purchase.

And I could care less about it having a mic port. I could always purchase a 3rd party mic If I really want to talk to people online.

C-Sword

Noob
@chemist4hire

So I got the iluv USB Audio Adapter, both my headset and the adapter need to be plugged in to the PS4 via USB to get the audio and mic working, that takes up 2 USB ports, there's none left for the PDP Pad.

I guess something like this could make it work, but that's a lot stuff connected to the PS4.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
@chemist4hire

So I got the iluv USB Audio Adapter, both my headset and the adapter need to be plugged in to the PS4 via USB to get the audio and mic working, that takes up 2 USB ports, there's none left for the PDP Pad.

I guess something like this could make it work, but that's a lot stuff connected to the PS4.
What you could do is just plug your headset usb into a usb port on you computer cause all it needed for is power. Connect the Iluv adapter to the usb port on the ps4. I think the aux usb port in the back is the ps4 camera.

Last edited:

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
So When I original preorder the Fightpad, Gamestop had a release date of April 1st. I call in and asked if the stock came in and Gamestop told me it won't be in until April 8th now? When I looked at the website this morning it said April 1st but now it's showing April 7th.

Is Amazon release date change as well or is this just Gamestop?

C-Sword

Noob
So When I original preorder the Fightpad, Gamestop had a release date of April 1st. I call in and asked if the stock came in and Gamestop told me it won't be in until April 8th now? When I looked at the website this morning it said April 1st but now it's showing April 7th.

Is Amazon release date change as well or is this just Gamestop?
It's still April 1st on amazon, but it's out of stock, I haven't gotten my shipping notice from them yet

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
One question, since the Ps4 version has the "share" and "options" buttons on top, how the hell do you reset position in practice mode?

d3v

SRK
Nope. Pretty disappointed about this. I only noticed last week when I bought a new Turtle Beach headset that plugs into the controller to get game sound. Was all set to use this controller and now I can't use my headset...:/
There's no mic port on the FC4 as well, I don't think it's a priority for 3rd party companies to include one on a pad, probably to reduce cost. I haven't used my FC4 in a while, I have the PDP pre-ordered, so I might do a comparison report between the two controllers.
No 3rd party fighting game controller for this generation supports mic inputs.

Actually, last I checked, no 3rd party controller released so far has mic ports. We have breakdowns of most 3rd party PS4 and XBone pad PCBs on SRK and none of them have mic ports.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/194011/first-wave-of-third-party-xbox-one-padhack-options/p1
http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/194825/third-party-ps4-padhack-options/p1

Last edited:
For anyone on Playstation 4, you can put the pad in PS3 mode and have your dualshock handy for the touchpad and microphone as a ghetto workaround. This of course only works with games that have the legacy driver that Lab Zero made, so it won't work for anything outside of MKX for now. It's not great, but for those who can't go out and grab a USB headset, it's better than nothing.