What's new

PC/Steam Version - Performance, Technical and General Discussion Thread

CJMxxx

Noob
I believe this is the patch as people are saying AA and other visual stuff has been fixed, HOWEVER, I couldn't access mk servers and no moves were changed. Console requires server connectivity for the balance hotfix, I'm assuming PC is the same way. Hopefully when servers are up this is the actual balance patch and not just a visuals fix.

EDIT : Someone on PC in discord is exploring Krypt, so it would appear this is just a visuals patch :(

ToxiCrow

Noob
Verify integrity of game files.
did that. all are good it says. still cant claim daily rewards or get anything from matches and frost's microburst still doesn't freeze so not sure what was changed. could be just for the visual stuff but havent checked that yet.

ToxiCrow

Noob
could be it was a set up patch for the real one and they released the patch notes now and the big patch will be later today

XBlades

To Achieve, You must Believe
any links for this source that we are behind? sounds horrible if we are not the same version as console.

XAO

Karnage Rules
Still getting "There was an issue with the server. Please restart the game" after 5 minutes no matter what I do.
Okay, fixed this by reconnecting my main internet cable directly to PC. Had it connected to modem first. The only issue now for me is patches.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I don't mean this in a rude way but there's no way someone is gonna reply to that from NRS or WB lol. It's such a loaded thread and any response would mostly likely have to go through rounds and rounds of PR approval.
It's provocative for a reason. They don't have to reply to this, they need to make a kombat kast that addresses the elephant in the room.

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
Yeah still a patch behind. Frost is unplayable like this. Probably Shao Kahn too. Not to mention there's some infinities still in this version.

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
Anyone else have an issue with slowness setting in after viewing the Move List in practice mode? I'll play for an hour, no issues, then I'll check out the move list and suddenly the gameplay goes into extreme slow motion. Sometimes it comes out of it, most of the time its a restart.
Did you ever find a solution to this? I experienced it today, post steam update.

Hey all,

I stepped into the Krypt for the first time this evening, and it's a very, very cool concept. So far every Chest I've found requires Koins or Hearts, which is fine.

While playing in general, I've unlocked a few hundred Time Krystals, and my question is twofold with them and the in-game Store.

The in-game Store has a Featured items section, that seems to have select skins, banners, etc. for a limited time. These items also seem to be unlockable normally in the Krypt or through gameplay, which is great. The regular section of the Store shows the Frost Unlock, Kombat Pack 1, Shao Kahn, a Cold War Skarlet Skin (that adds the Frost unlock to my cart when I try to add it, oddly), and a bunch of different sized packs of Time Krystals that you can buy with real money.

So, are Time Krystals used in the Krypt at all, or only for those limited feature items from the Featured section of the Store? Basically, what the heck are they used to buy/unlock?

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Hey all,

I stepped into the Krypt for the first time this evening, and it's a very, very cool concept. So far every Chest I've found requires Koins or Hearts, which is fine.

While playing in general, I've unlocked a few hundred Time Krystals, and my question is twofold with them and the in-game Store.

The in-game Store has a Featured items section, that seems to have select skins, banners, etc. for a limited time. These items also seem to be unlockable normally in the Krypt or through gameplay, which is great. The regular section of the Store shows the Frost Unlock, Kombat Pack 1, Shao Kahn, a Cold War Skarlet Skin (that adds the Frost unlock to my cart when I try to add it, oddly), and a bunch of different sized packs of Time Krystals that you can buy with real money.

So, are Time Krystals used in the Krypt at all, or only for those limited feature items from the Featured section of the Store? Basically, what the heck are they used to buy/unlock?
I think Time Krystals are for store use only. I have 500+ right now. The problem with the Krypt is that each of us has a randomized version of it. Yeah, every skin is available, but we can't share our discoveries or point coordinates to specific items because they are on different locations. Except the heart chests that are the same for everyone.

I didn't see the Skarlet skin. Is it possible to buy it with Time Krystals?

I think Time Krystals are for store use only. I have 500+ right now. The problem with the Krypt is that each of us has a randomized version of it. Yeah, every skin is available, but we can't share our discoveries or point coordinates to specific items because they are on different locations. Except the heart chests that are the same for everyone.

I didn't see the Skarlet skin. Is it possible to buy it with Time Krystals?
Thanks man. So basically, with Time Krystals, I can't even buy, say, a Kitana skin I want unless it just so happens to be a featured item in the Store when I happen to be online, do I have that right?

For the Krypt itself, I actually don't mind the randomization, since I do intend to unlock everything in there over time. There's no chest counter though, is there? I mean in the last game it told you in the map that you've opened x amount of chests out of y amount of total chests. Unless I missed it, that's absent this time around it seems.

For the Kold War Skarlet skin, it didn't seem like it. It was in the regular section where you purchase stuff with real cash. I added it to my cart just to see, but the Frost unlock got added instead, oddly. On launch day, the Skarlet skin wasn't there, but some Kano skin was. That's gone now.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Thanks man. So basically, with Time Krystals, I can't even buy, say, a Kitana skin I want unless it just so happens to be a featured item in the Store when I happen to be online, do I have that right?

For the Krypt itself, I actually don't mind the randomization, since I do intend to unlock everything in there over time. There's no chest counter though, is there? I mean in the last game it told you in the map that you've opened x amount of chests out of y amount of total chests. Unless I missed it, that's absent this time around it seems.

For the Kold War Skarlet skin, it didn't seem like it. It was in the regular section where you purchase stuff with real cash. I added it to my cart just to see, but the Frost unlock got added instead, oddly. On launch day, the Skarlet skin wasn't there, but some Kano skin was. That's gone now.
You're right, skins on the store rotate every few hours. I don't know exactly the time.

Yeah, the Krypt is not too bad. However, I expected a major improvement over MKX, with less things left to chance. They had that horrible Shrine of the Dead where you had to spent time betting koins... completely out of place.
I think there's no counter, and that baffles me. Maybe I'm blind and I can't see the option to activate, so I wouldn't say anything yet. Until yesterday I didn't know I could grind uppercuts in the Towers of Time lol

I checked the store page on Steam and the Skarlet skin appears as DLC without price, instead it says "N/A". So... I don't know, is it free? it's already included? I'm gonna check that out right now.