What's new

PC/Steam Version - Performance, Technical and General Discussion Thread

Random question, i'm using a 360 controller and I can't access the Kustomization Presets by pressing "X". It just doesn't register, I have to just use my mouse to click the presets so then I can access the tournament variations.

I've got a work-around with my mouse but why isn't this functioning normally for me?
Yeah I think this is just a straight bug, I had the same issue. The work around with the mouse was what I did to fix the layouts.... which again is still a big 'WHY"

@NotKaiten You have an excellent system there. Have you updated to nVidia's drivers they released yesterday specifically to support Mortal Kombat 11? If not, please do so and see if it helps with your performance issues.
Updated after typing that since I didn't expect them to do anything. Same issue. I will say it took many more times than usual of trying to get it to crash but it did cause the same issue. I actually stopped at one point thinking "Did the drivers actually fix it?"

What graphic settings should i be using. I have an i5 with a 1050 graphics card?
The game has an option to optimize itself for your PC. Everything after that is preference really

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
finished the story mode and have been playing the game for 6 and a half hours, No crashes and game is running smoothly. my specs are i7 16gb memory and gtx 960 ti. some frame drops here and there in story mode tho plus my mouse lights are going crazy during fights and i don't know how to turn that off.

@CJMxxx As you mentioned, NetherRealms Studios is not working working on the PC version. Basically when they do a fix or change, it needs to be sent to QLoc, who then needs to get it into the PC version, test, and then get it live. With Mortal Kombat XL, when QLOC took over and cleaned that game up in spectacular fashion, patches where usually a few days behind because of this.

The update will come.

^Bingo.

@jadeisblack Re: the mobile rewards being missing that you mention, can you elaborate on that, as I may be experiencing that. I linked yesterday, got Souls and the Kronika announcer yesterday, but nothing rewarded in Mobile. Also, nothing in either title today thus far. I try relinking and get an error message now. Is that what's happening to others?

@NotKaiten You have an excellent system there. Have you updated to nVidia's drivers they released yesterday specifically to support Mortal Kombat 11? If not, please do so and see if it helps with your performance issues.
Some people are getting errors in all platforms, they recommend that you contact WBGames Support. Some can’t even get Kronika.

I got Kronika and the log reward yesterday on both 11 and mobile, today I only got it on mobile.

The port is 7/10 right now but I am confident that they are going to fix it in the coming weeks.

NRS is looking like a mess, so we can’t even blame it on QLOC in these few days.

Anyway, I don’t have many friends on steam, so if y’all feel like it, message me your id so that we can play later :D

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
The port is 7/10 right now but I am confident that they are going to fix it in the coming weeks.

NRS is looking like a mess, so we can’t even blame it on QLOC in these few days.

Anyway, I don’t have many friends on steam, so if y’all feel like it, message me your id so that we can play later :D
Tyco_brah is mine if you want to shoot me an add

So according to eventhubs, Cetrion's two tournament variations should be:

Cetrion
• Force of Nature
— Earthquake
— Delay Boulder Bash
— Shattering Boulder
• Spring Cleaning
— H2 P0rt
— Geyser

But when I go through the whole Customize -> Abilities -> Choose Preset it looks like the Force of Nature variation has H2 P0rt and Delay Boulder while Spring Cleaning just has Geyser. Am I missing something here or are her variations wrong for the PC version?

@NotKaiten Hmmm... what Controller are you using?

@jadeisblack Thanks for the details on the Rewards. For contacting WBIE, I assume a standard ticket, or is there a specific contact email or something for this specific issue?

I also experiencing the sound sync issue you guys mentioned in the Story Mode Cinematics. For me, it didn't start until, roughly, Chapter 9, so very late in. Pausing and unpausing instantly fixes the issue though.

For you all, did you notice it earlier, or also later in Story Mode?

I'm wondering...

By chance, do you have access to another, non-PlayStation Controller? Even a base Xbox 360 pad? I'd be very curious if the issue persists on a more traditionally supported PC pad.

I know the Xbox 360 pad is garbage for fighting games compared to a DS4, but for testing purposes.

From the posts I'm seeing, I suspect this crash issue is related to the DualShock 4 itself.

@jadeisblack Thanks for the details on the Rewards. For contacting WBIE, I assume a standard ticket, or is there a specific contact email or something for this specific issue?
There’s a link to submit MK11 issues. Look on their twitter.

Anyway, I got my login reward an hour ago. I think the mobile app updates late. Log on the mobile again and check out your notifications on 11.

My story mode audio works fine, but I am playing with portuguese dub, so idk if it’s an english audio issue.

There’s a link to submit MK11 issues. Look on their twitter.

Anyway, I got my login reward an hour ago. I think the mobile app updates late. Log on the mobile again and check out your notifications on 11.

My story mode audio works fine, but I am playing with portuguese dub, so idk if it’s an english audio issue.
Just checked, and no Mobile reward for me still. So I'll check out the Twitter Link you recommended shortly.

I also just replayed Story Mode Chapter 3 and 4, and no audio sync issues. So yeah, for me, it only seems to happen with the later Chapters.

I also experienced my first few crash to desktops, and each occured while toying around in the Character Kustomization menus, simply when I was bowing out of a Character Menu. I'm wondering if a server communication issue might be causing that.

No crashes during gameplay yet.

This game is like 3 balance patches behind compared to console. Some of the combo routes are completely different (Shao Kahn, Kitana, Erron Black). Huge problem

Last edited:

laial

Noob
This game is like 3 balance patches behind compared to console. Some of the combo routes are completely different (Shao Kahn, Kitana, Erron Black). Huge problem
Yeah it sucks. Hopefully when most of the problems on the PC version get sorted out it will be easier for them to keep the characters/balance up to date.

Yessir. No day 1 patch + No hotfix + release versions were different. If you include the krypt stuff that's actually 4, but strictly balance it's 3.

Huge problem, erron black for example is completely different, the routes and ideal starters are just not the same at all F+2,1 still special cancellable on pc, and no rifle cancel. I've heard shao kahn shoulder combos are different.

Smidge

Noob
Hit another crash whilst editing characters again last night. Been in there 4 times to edit and it's crashed twice. Once on the AI settings for Johnny, once editing my gear for Kitana.

At least I don't need to worry about the Krypt now seeing as I can equip anything